Hello all,

I am wondering when I have multiple email accounts set up, in this case Gmail and an Exchange, what account is used for sending out messages? I would like the ability choose what account I use to send from, is this doable?

Thank you,
    04-29-12 07:57 PM
    If you click on the PB gear/options, click on accounts and click on "Default Accounts" button. It'll show you which is your default email and calendar.

Hope that help.
    hobbit25 likes this.
    04-29-12 09:17 PM
    Also, I believe when you compose a new message, at the very top there is a drop menu. If you have multiple accounts setup for email,you can choose which you want to send from.

I Attached another screen capture. Although I don't have multiple accounts setup for email, it'll give you an idea.

Hope that helps.
    hobbit25 likes this.
    04-29-12 09:22 PM
    Thank you for the help. So just to clarify I would need to switch defaults when needing to send mail from my work account (exchange), or to send mail from my personal (gmail). Seems a bit out of the way, I was hopping for some sort of option when composing.

But thank you, I will give this a go as I was not aware of the "default" option.
    04-29-12 09:22 PM
    Thank you for the help. So just to clarify I would need to switch defaults when needing to send mail from my work account (exchange), or to send mail from my personal (gmail). Seems a bit out of the way, I was hopping for some sort of option when composing.

But thank you, I will give this a go as I was not aware of the "default" option.
    Shouldn't have to. When you compose a new message, go to the top and click the drop down menu. It'll probably give you all the email accounts you have registered on the device. That way it'll allow you to compose from whichever account you want.

Cheers
    hobbit25 likes this.
    04-29-12 09:29 PM
    When you compose a new email message from the All Accounts mailbox, it will use your default email address as bash_man pointed out. If you are in one of the particular account mailboxes instead of All, it will use that account for a new message. With a new email, you can easily pull down the From: menu and select which address you want it to be sent from. When replying to an email, it will use the account that it was received from and doesn't have the pulldown option to change accounts.

Hope that helps
    hobbit25 likes this.
    04-29-12 09:29 PM
    Thanks, I have it all figured out now. I appreciate the help from the both of you.
    04-30-12 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD