nevermind as I was typing it repopulated everything!!!!!
    AWESOME!!!!!!
    This should be stickied!
    This was my largest single gripe about 2.0

Next will be lack of better bookmark management or the video player saving where you left off after closing it.
    02-21-12 04:50 PM
    Calendar repopulated on my PB after around 10 mins. I did not touch the configuration on the PlayBook.
    02-21-12 04:51 PM
    Install Firefox if you don�t have it.
    Open Firefox and go to Tools> Add Ons, do a search for User Agent Switcher and install it.
    Restart Firefox
    Go to Google and log in to your account
    Go to tools and use the User Agent Switcher to select iphone 3.0
    then jump to m.google.com/sync
    You should see the Playbook listed.
    Now go to the Preferences menu and disable Javascript.
    Once you have disabled Javascript go back to the sync page and select your device.
    You will see a screen that say something like �Send Mail As�, but with NO calendar options.

Here is the bit I think you may have missed
    Look at the address bar in your browser. There will be a long session address ending with �multiple calendars=false�. Change the word "false" to "true", and then refresh the page.
    The page should now have a list of calendars, select those you want to sync and hit the save button. It says you can only use one calendar but that is not the case
    You should see a message saying the device settings have changed.
    Reset your browser settings again once you close that tab.

Hope that is clearer.
    Man, awesome!!!!! Someone sticky this please!!!
    02-21-12 07:07 PM
    Seem to have been able to follow these instructions, though to turn off javascript for me in Firefox, was Tools/Options/Content, not preferences.

And I am pleased to update that it worked perfectly, after about 10 minutes when it synched automatically. Very, very happy with this thread!
    Last edited by swami62; 02-21-12 at 08:36 PM.
    02-21-12 08:23 PM
    Thank you to everyone for replying...

Especially to tubbycyclist ... Your tip worked...

Cheers,

Michael!
    02-21-12 08:31 PM
    Stunning work here! Thanks for this. Without my many calendars, the PB calendar would be useless to me.
    02-21-12 09:04 PM
    Seem to have been able to follow these instructions, though to turn off javascript for me in Firefox, was Tools/Options/Content, not preferences.
    Mac (preferences) vs. PC (tools>options>...)
    02-21-12 09:10 PM
    Nice hack tubbycyclist... repopulated right away!!
    02-21-12 09:16 PM
    Thank you!! No settings needed to be altered on my PB at all.

With the number of people who are most likely using Google calendars, a step-by-step guide like this should be on the front page AND stickied!

Simply invaluable.
    02-21-12 09:27 PM
    Can someone help? I can't get the sports teams I have set up in Google to show up in Firefox after changing false to true. The other calendars show up.
    02-21-12 09:31 PM
    Can someone help? I can't get the sports teams I have set up in Google to show up in Firefox after changing false to true. The other calendars show up.
    This will only work with your calendars and others shared calendars.
    Public calendars can not be added this way, and I would have thought the CalDAV method should work that is posted in this forum
    Last edited by tubbycyclist; 02-22-12 at 01:15 AM. Reason: added quote
    02-22-12 01:14 AM
    Can someone help? When I change user agent to Iphone 3 and jump to m.google.com/sync is says Application Google sync is not supported on your device. Am I missing something?
    02-22-12 06:47 AM
    Can someone help? When I change user agent to Iphone 3 and jump to m.google.com/sync is says Application Google sync is not supported on your device. Am I missing something?
    May be worth checking that the User Agent Switcher is doing its job. After you have changed the user agent point your browser to this page to check that it has worked. It should think your browser is iphone/AppleWebkit/Safari.
    02-22-12 09:07 AM
    Thank you very much, this is really great.
    02-22-12 09:27 AM
    This was the only beef I had left with the updates (after realizing there was an option to display as conversations in the email app! ) and now it works great! Thanks a lot. c:
    02-22-12 09:43 AM
    Well, hot damn. tubbycyclist's post worked perfectly. All my calendars sync to the PlayBook now, and magically my google contacts finally started populating (although I think that's because I *duh* finally enabled mobile-sync in my google apps administrator control panel).

This thread (and particularly the excellent instructions laid out by tubbycyclist) need to be put on the front page. Either a sticky at the top of the forums, or as a crackberry.com blog post. I emailed [email protected], maybe it'll happen.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting your solution.
    02-22-12 11:59 AM
    Working on the post now
    jcarty likes this.
    02-22-12 01:16 PM
    Open Firefox and go to Tools> Add Ons, do a search for User Agent Switcher and install it.
    Restart Firefox
    Go to tools and use the User Agent Switcher to select iphone 3.0
    Now go to the Edit>Preferences>Content menu and disable Javascript. If you use Windows you will need to go to Tools> Options>Content instead.
    Once you have disabled Javascript go back to the sync page and select your device.
    You will see a screen that say something like �Send Mail As�, but with NO calendar options.

Look at the address bar in your browser. There will be a long session address ending with �multiple calendars=false�. Change the word "false" to "true", and then refresh the page.
    The page should now have a list of calendars, select those you want to sync and hit the save button. It says you can only use one calendar but that is not the case

Hope that is clearer.
    For information: this will only work with your calendars and others shared calendars. Public calendars can not be added this way, and I would have thought the CalDAV method should work that is posted in this forum

Here are a couple of amendments
    - added info about Options on Windows PC
    - linked to information about public calendars
    Followed it and all the screens looked the same. I'll know in a little while if my PB calendar repopulates. That was just freaky though. How do people figure that out and why don't they just make it easy?
    Wow. Thanks!
    02-22-12 08:08 PM
    May be worth checking that the User Agent Switcher is doing its job. After you have changed the user agent point your browser to this page to check that it has worked. It should think your browser is iphone/AppleWebkit/Safari.
    I have tried two different User agents:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Mobile/8B5097d Safari/6531.22.7

OK I figured it out I had to change the language to english
    Last edited by makogsa; 02-23-12 at 03:47 AM.
    02-23-12 03:40 AM
    Worth to mention it also works from the pb, you should use simplebrowser to disable js and switch your uas.
    Wolf
    dabbguy likes this.
    02-23-12 07:34 AM
    It would be nice to get some screen pictures of these settings but I will try to update the instructions slightly for clarification only. Thanks to the original poster for this.

Prior to this make sure you have added a gmail email address set up onyour playbook as an account

Originally Posted by tubbycyclist View Post
    All on PC or Mac
    Open Firefox and go to Tools> Add Ons, do a search for "User Agent Switcher" (.0.7.3) and install it.
    Restart Firefox
    In Firefox Go to Tools---> Default User Agent ---->iPhone 3.0 (change from Default UserAgent to select iphone 3.0)
    On Mac (preferences) vs. PC (tools>options>...)

In Firefox Now go to the PC(Tools->Options) MAC(Edit>Preferences)>Content menu and disable Javascript. If you use Windows you will need to go to Tools> Options>Content instead.

Once you have disabled Javascript go back to the sync page (m.google.com/sync) and select your device.

"https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/chooseCalendars?deviceId=-51234555677499073114002&supportMultiCalendars=true "

On Playbook: go into the default calendars and choose the ones you want synced to the PB. I read that the contacts and email for the GMAIL account are not to be checked off to sync but have not confirmed this.

Hope that is clearer.
    For information: this will only work with your calendars and others shared calendars. Public calendars can not be added this way, and I would have thought the CalDAV method should work that is posted in this forum

Here are a couple of amendments
    - added info about Options on Windows PC
    - linked to information about public calendars
    Fuzzballz likes this.
    02-23-12 07:46 AM
    I have the gmail synced fine, but how do i sync/link my calander ond my BB phone to the playbook. Can't see anyway to link it. On the native PB calander i have Playbook local, Facebook calander and Gmail checked.

Thanks
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    02-23-12 08:44 AM
    I have the gmail synced fine, but how do i sync/link my calander ond my BB phone to the playbook. Can't see anyway to link it. On the native PB calander i have Playbook local, Facebook calander and Gmail checked.

Thanks
    You would use the bridge app to access the BB calendar from the PB.

There is no way to sync from what I understand.
    02-23-12 10:14 AM
    This is the kind of crap RIM keeps messing up on, they ignore the details. It should have been a no brainer ti intergrate the blackberry calander with the playbook. So you have to maintain two?? Like I said before it's the little things that add up. The calander icon non changing date, repid charger cord being too short. Oh well it's RIM what should I expect. PS love my playbook even still
    02-23-12 11:53 AM
    hey,

Maybe you guys can help me.
    I changed my google calendar settings via firefox.
    So far everything goes great.

But for some reason I can add my google calendar via Caldev to my playbook.

I enter add username and e-mail my full gmail adress.
    And I add as server google.com.
    And when I comfirm my playbook gives my a error.

Does somebody what I do wrong?
    02-28-12 02:56 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD