Are there any messenger programs that support "push" notifications?....Yahoo does push notifications I think, but I would like to get one that will do all of 'em....I know IM+ Pro exists, and I did at one time have the "Free" IM+ and it wouldn't connect to yahoo but it did connect to FaceBook, but it was very glitchy......I could send messages but not get replies.....last time I tried, I sent a message to 3 or 4 people and one replied about 5 minutes later....I didn't know until 4 hours afterwards b/c it only showed up once I got on my laptop......If I could get a FaceBook Messenger program that did push notifications like E-mail, that would be fantastic.....the IM+ for Android doesn't do that sadly....
    08-16-13 09:04 AM
    Are there any messenger programs that support "push" notifications?....Yahoo does push notifications I think, but I would like to get one that will do all of 'em....I know IM+ Pro exists, and I did at one time have the "Free" IM+ and it wouldn't connect to yahoo but it did connect to FaceBook, but it was very glitchy......I could send messages but not get replies.....last time I tried, I sent a message to 3 or 4 people and one replied about 5 minutes later....I didn't know until 4 hours afterwards b/c it only showed up once I got on my laptop......If I could get a FaceBook Messenger program that did push notifications like E-mail, that would be fantastic.....the IM+ for Android doesn't do that sadly....
    You could just set your facebook to send you emails for every message you get..would also help if you state which bb+os youre running.
    08-16-13 09:14 AM
    You could just set your facebook to send you emails for every message you get..would also help if you state which bb+os youre running.
    i'm on the PlayBook with newest version OS.... 2.1.0.1526 I think it is.....doing the email thing would kinda suck though, i would STILL have to open the app and deal with messages that way
    08-16-13 09:16 AM
    Hmm PB is a tough one; that app really sucks lol..Dont have mine with me but ill try to reply Monday, see if I manage to find anything.
    Adam Fox2 likes this.
    08-16-13 09:20 AM
    IM+ connects to yahoo for me. It only works over wifi and not bridge though. I'm not sure about notifications as any time I've been on it no one has messaged me.
    08-16-13 09:34 AM
    you have the pay version or the free one? I couldn't connect to yahoo at all and tried 3 accounts and both the non-Japanese server and the Japanese server options
    08-16-13 09:46 AM
    Could always try a sideload
    They use to work fine and support push
    Having said that, I haven't used a sideload messaging app in ages on the PB
    I just use everything on my Z10 now
    08-16-13 09:50 AM
    Could always try a sideload
    They use to work fine and support push
    Having said that, I haven't used a sideload messaging app in ages on the PB
    I just use everything on my Z10 now
    Yahoo Messenger side-loaded and does support push...HOWEVER, the FaceBook connection doesn't seem to work.....

Okay, I plan on either getting a Z10 or Q10 (or Z30 in the future)......Is there a Yahoo and FaceBook Messenger in there that offers Push Notifications like a iPhone/Android would? ....
    08-16-13 10:29 AM
    Yahoo Messenger side-loaded and does support push...HOWEVER, the FaceBook connection doesn't seem to work.....

Okay, I plan on either getting a Z10 or Q10 (or Z30 in the future)......Is there a Yahoo and FaceBook Messenger in there that offers Push Notifications like a iPhone/Android would? ....
    Facebook app itself pushes messages with a partial delay (sometimes) and it got better with the last update..don't use yahoo so cant confirm.
    08-16-13 01:31 PM
    So the facebook UI on playbook is ancient really don't see any work around for it unfortunately
    08-20-13 08:04 AM
    Origami browser and FaceBook work...just not with chat
    08-21-13 08:06 PM