For the past 2 weeks I've been keeping tabs on my playbook's "free memory" (aka available RAM) in the settings menu. The only reason I began to check was because my playbook would constantly force-close my applications (browser, podcasts and messages mainly). It turned out I only had 80mb of available RAM.

Since I've been keeping tabs on it I've noticed I've getting constant memory leaks and I keep restarting the playbook after 2-3 days because it gets to sub-100mb with no apps running. It's reminding me of problems I had with my older blackberries, where you had to constantly do battery pulls to keep it functioning. I don't know why this is happening and I'm wondering if it's been happening to anyone else?

If anyone is wondering I'm running the most current OS available, 2.0.1.
    04-25-12 06:10 PM
    Do you run Android apps at all? I believe there are still issues with it in this area.
    04-25-12 06:51 PM
    I have noticed it a little as well but not nearly as bad as the old BB phones. It does seem to happen a lot if I am using Android apps more, if I stay out of them the free memory without anything open doesn't normally dip below 500 MB, it wont recover all the free memory from a fresh boot but its only about 20 MB lost after a days use.
    04-25-12 06:52 PM
    Well here is mine. Never really checked before.
    04-25-12 07:15 PM
    Well here is mine. Never really checked before.
    I see that free number gradually drift downward between reboots.

(totally normal for a beta OS, so not a complaint just an observation. This is part of the debugging process)
    04-25-12 07:23 PM
    I see that free number gradually drift downward between reboots.

(totally normal for a beta OS, so not a complaint just an observation. This is part of the debugging process)
    Yep a updating we go........when RIM is ready.
    04-25-12 07:26 PM
    Now I'm worried. I keep going down to sub-100mb after only 2-3 days. Would it be a certain app on my playbook causing this? I thought the apps don't integrate the same way that they do on BBOS (which had similar problems on older models). I don't use any android apps (all my apps are native). Here's what I have on my playbook. If anything pops out as something with a known problem, can someone tell me?

-All the included apps (kobo, slacker, browser, etc)

Apps:
    -News
    -GeeReader
    -InstaPhoto
    -Poynt
    -Cineplex
    -Crackberry
    -Box
    -Wikipedia

Games:
    -Cut the Rope
    -Plants Vs. Zombies
    -Angry Birds
    -Angry Birds Seasons
    -Angry Birds Rio
    -Angry Birds Space
    -PewPew
    -PewPew 2
    -Dead Space
    -Dillo Hills
    -Uno
    -Run in Crowd
    -Bejeweled 2
    -Machinarium
    -Starfront: Collision
    -Great Little War Game
    -ToFu
    -ToFu 2
    -Bix
    -DoodleRun
    -Burn the City
    -Need for Speed: Undercover
    -Doodle Blast
    -Bubble Birds
    -ImmorTall
    -Tetris
    -Popcorn Rush Free
    -TunnelTilt
    -Billy's Hill
    -Doodle Shapes Free
    -Fruits and Ninja Free
    -Free Solitaire
    -Sketch W Friends Free
    -Nyan Cat (don't ask...)
    -Don't Stop Now
    -Brain Cube HD Free

Holy! That took forever to write, but can anyone help? Is there a way to do a hard reset and not lose my paid apps? I had to do that for my computer recently when performance went down, but I'm not sure if it's the same with QNX.

Hmmm...
    04-25-12 08:04 PM
    @yaceka, are you sure none of those apps are Android? I think a couple of those are Android, yes? (edit: I could be wrong)
    Last edited by app_Developer; 04-25-12 at 08:29 PM.
    04-25-12 08:22 PM
    after reboot i got 500-550 MB of free
    04-25-12 09:47 PM
    Now I'm worried. I keep going down to sub-100mb after only 2-3 days. Would it be a certain app on my playbook causing this? I thought the apps don't integrate the same way that they do on BBOS (which had similar problems on older models). I don't use any android apps (all my apps are native). Here's what I have on my playbook. If anything pops out as something with a known problem, can someone tell me?
    It is probably one specific app in your long list of apps that is leaking.
    04-26-12 12:43 AM
    Yaceka. You can hold the power, + and - buttons until it restarts. You will lose nothing.
    04-26-12 05:28 AM
    You can see the memory usage of individual apps with the Native SDK. It is a free download from RIM
    04-28-12 11:20 AM
    I have gotten into a habit of restarting my bb and pb when i plug hem in at the end of the day. Might be a bit of overkill, but it works wonders on keeping my stuff working well the next day.

04-29-12 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD