07-15-12 12:03 PM
28 12
tools
    Hi folks,

today I was cleaning some mess after various Android apps testing when I spotted an interesting content in PlayBook App Manager (Chrome plugin for developers) - sys.bridgeSMS 2.1.0.11. So I tried to launch it and it did, first there was a pop-up saying that no device is connected to bridge (BT was off) and suggesting to launch bluetooth, I did so, but the app crashed immediately and keeps crashing everytime I try to re-launch it, I managed to catch a screenshot though. I guess it crashes just because it is blocked by RIM. But anyway, I think this is definitely a trustworthy hint that Bridge SMS is coming to PlayBook OS 2.1 final

cookie20, battery, cputoys and 8 others like this.
    06-28-12 09:48 PM
    That is nice!
    06-28-12 10:09 PM
    Wow can hardly wait!
    06-28-12 10:09 PM
    One feature I've been anxiously waiting for.

When is 2.1 coming again???
    06-28-12 10:27 PM
    One feature I've been anxiously waiting for.

When is 2.1 coming again???
    Was just wondering the same thing. Does anyone think it would come out before mid July?
    06-28-12 10:50 PM
    care to upload the .BAR?
    06-28-12 11:00 PM
    care to upload the .BAR?
    I would if I knew how to get the file out of PlayBook, but I guess that's impossible without a root.
    06-29-12 06:03 AM
    Hi folks,

today I was cleaning some mess after various Android apps testing when I spotted an interesting content in PlayBook App Manager (Chrome plugin for developers) - sys.bridgeSMS 2.1.0.11. So I tried to launch it and it did, first there was a pop-up saying that no device is connected to bridge (BT was off) and suggesting to launch bluetooth, I did so, but the app crashed immediately and keeps crashing everytime I try to re-launch it, I managed to catch a screenshot though. I guess it crashes just because it is blocked by RIM. But anyway, I think this is definitely a trustworthy hint that Bridge SMS is coming to PlayBook OS 2.1 final
    Awesome news!!

But on a side note, can you tell me where you got that wallpaper from??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 06:51 AM
    @quick4life: Here you go Descending.jpg
    06-29-12 07:17 AM
    @quick4life: Here you go Descending.jpg
    Good find! I was gonna ask if you took that photo - your PlayBook wallpaper - since your avatar has a camera in it. Nice photo!
    06-29-12 07:33 AM
    @bounce007: Haha, I wish, that's an extraordinary picture of an extraordinary place
    But you can see some of my own photos at Google+ if you'd like to
    06-29-12 08:09 AM
    We just have to wait ..
    06-29-12 09:42 AM
    1.5-2.5 weeks tops
    06-29-12 11:51 AM
    Lol.. did no one believe me when I first posted about it long ago? Sure, the timing is off now but that stuff happens.

"As it stands, there is no date for this to be released or if the versions noted here are final, they could go higher before actual release but the information was worth sharing with you all. "
    06-29-12 04:43 PM
    I have the bar, but it's useless.
    06-29-12 05:04 PM
    and still we wait for an item that should of been on the very first PB!

Tim
    06-29-12 09:54 PM
    And if you think about. The speakerphone on playbook app is already done. In the porsche video he make a call using his bridged playbook. So thats already done too. Hope they are not trying to hold all the good stuff for bb10.
    06-29-12 10:20 PM
    The should put some features in 2.1 even if they were intended for 10. Just so people can see something. Coming out of rim
    06-30-12 05:18 PM
    This is awesome, I hope it is solid when it launches because BBM on my playbook lags a lot and isn't always pleasurable to use.
    Also after using my mother in laws iPad for a little while I realize that the Playbook has some catching up to do in the smoothness of all apps category. Playbook OS works great but I find the native apps like the browser and PIM apps need to be smoothed out. BB10 will no doubt address this as it will be far more complete than the current Playbook OS.

Bring on the goodies RIM!!! More features the better. Go Team Blackberry!!!
    07-01-12 03:35 PM
    Hi folks,

Someone found this sometime back. One or two releases ago.

As with everything with RIM, it useless until the customer can use it!

Sort of like buying a bike, but the wheels are still in development.
    07-01-12 04:42 PM
    Hope RIM throws us a bone soon. A 2.1 that is as good as current would do.

Dang it, I went and said soon
    07-01-12 04:52 PM
    The integration will be a good move for RIM.
    The majority of BB phone messaging is done to smartphone users other than BB's.
    Therefore, BBM bridge is not useful for them.
    07-01-12 08:53 PM
    I just wonder - how often do you guys use bridged apps? I used to use them a lot on OS1, but since most of apps can use bridged internet access and since we've got native PIM apps on OS2 I find myself using bridge just to share internet while I'm not on WiFi and to control my PlayBook when it's hooked up to HDMI. Bridge SMS will be fine for those moments when you're too lazy to reach for your phone, but I realize that it's not such a game changer for me.

Although I sometimes wish I could pick up phone calls on my PlayBook Especially when that pop-up appears with a button to mute your ringtone, I can easily imagine two more buttons there labeled Answer/Deny
    Last edited by Ruslan Botsyurko; 07-01-12 at 09:27 PM.
    07-01-12 09:24 PM
    I just wonder - how often do you guys use bridged apps? I used to use them a lot on OS1, but since most of apps can use bridged internet access and since we've got native PIM apps on OS2 I find myself using bridge just to share internet while I'm not on WiFi and to control my PlayBook when it's hooked up to HDMI. Bridge SMS will be fine for those moments when you're too lazy to reach for your phone, but I realize that it's not such a game changer for me.
    Hey, where are the native Task and Notes apps? I missed that update!!!

On a more serious note, very true... I'm not using Bridge messages/contacts/calendar at all but I keep all but messages enable (not huge on double notifications) in case I need to make sure I have the info on the BB device (Google can handle adding it to the PlayBook native app later, I rely on the phone more than I do the tablet).
    07-01-12 09:28 PM
    been waiting for this feature since day one!
    07-01-12 11:39 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD