OK, when an update for my phone used to come out (9530 then 9550), I would download it to my PC, backup my phone (apps, data), uninstall the previous version from my PC, install the new version onto my PC, wipe the phone, then use Loader.exe to do a clean install, then use DM to restore my apps and data.

With the PB, I keep reading that clean installs are recommended for the same reasons as with the phones (slow downs, etc. from piling code on top of existing code). Is the procedure the same for the PB? Where do you download the PB OS install package...on one of the crackberry forums?
    12-24-12 12:53 AM
    Clean installs aren't really necessary.

I've done it once, and it was after having 2.0 beta updating to 2.0 official.

But if you want to, all you gotta do is backup your PlayBook by plugging into DM and selecting backup. After that, you will go to Settings>Security>Security Wipe on your PlayBook. Do the wipe. After the wipe, the initial setup page will appear and you will re-setup your PlayBook, downloading the latest OS in the process.
    12-24-12 01:22 AM