Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, and Playbook is my first blackberry device.

I registered for the 2.1.0 beta , but i didnt receive any update notification. I guess the slots got over.

I want to test the same desperately.

Is there a way i can Load the OS offline to my device ?

Do any one have the Image for Offline loading of 2.1.0.560 ?

Thanks,
    08-07-12 02:06 AM
    Download 560 zip from MirrorStack 2.1.0.560

use dingleberry to upgrade http://www.dingleberry.it/Dingleberry-3.3.3-Windows.zip

STEPs :
    1. Unzip dingleberry, then run dingleberry.exe
    2. You need to run dinglebery for the first time to make firmware folder appear, then close dingleberry.
    3. Open your OS 2.1.0.560 and unzip it then put in the folder custom
    4. Connect your PB to your PC.
    5. Run dingleberry.exe then click on Firmware Button.
    6. The firmware main view will shown up and make sure USB Information on the rightside is connected.
    7. Click on button on the leftside and choose custom
    8. Right button you can choose Core OS or Full OS.
    9. And click the Update button below and wait until it finished (dont break any connection).
    10. After finished your PB will restart
    11. enjoy
    Last edited by poomslike; 08-07-12 at 03:15 AM.
    08-07-12 03:05 AM
    Hi poomslike,

Thanks for the download link and reply. I downloaded the file you specified. I got a ZIP file that contains more than 50 BAR files inside it.

If i place the ZIP file in the custom folder, Dingleberry is not detecting the firmware.

If i unzip the file, i am seeing a qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.factory_sfi.GR2_ X_X.560.229027.signed.bar file which is 170 MB in size.

Can i place only this file and proceed. Please help.

Thanks
    08-07-12 04:13 AM
    Hi poomslike,

Thanks for the download link and reply. I downloaded the file you specified. I got a ZIP file that contains more than 50 BAR files inside it.

If i place the ZIP file in the custom folder, Dingleberry is not detecting the firmware.

If i unzip the file, i am seeing a qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.factory_sfi.GR2_ X_X.560.229027.signed.bar file which is 170 MB in size.

Can i place only this file and proceed. Please help.

Thanks
    yes you can but it preferable to unzip all the Bar files in the custom folder and choose Full OS then update it....and if you placed only the qcfm bar you have to choose Core OS
    Last edited by poomslike; 08-07-12 at 07:38 AM.
    08-07-12 07:32 AM
    Will this procedure wipe everything on the playbook? I mean the installed applications and the documents/media?
    08-07-12 08:20 AM
    CFP wipes, upgrade (Dingleberry) doesn't.
    08-07-12 10:00 PM

use dingleberry to upgrade [url]http://www.dingleberry.it/Dingleberry-3.3.3-Windows.zip[/ur
    11. enjoy
    I followed your procedure and upgraded to 2.1.0.560 , thanks for the inputs.
    08-07-12 11:15 PM
    doing it... cant wait..
    08-09-12 09:06 PM
    Anyone have the 2.1.560 debrick image?
    08-09-12 09:07 PM
    Just curious, what's the difference between these two?

Will Core OS just upgrade and keep my apps and Full OS wipe it?
    08-10-12 11:19 AM
    I registered for 2.1 today. I connected to DM and it was there waiting to install 5 minutes later. I don't think any extra effort (Dingleberry) is required. I could be wrong.
    08-10-12 08:53 PM

use dingleberry to upgrade http://www.dingleberry.it/Dingleberry-3.3.3-Windows.zip

STEPs :
    1. Unzip dingleberry, then run dingleberry.exe
    2. You need to run dinglebery for the first time to make firmware folder appear, then close dingleberry.
    3. Open your OS 2.1.0.560 and unzip it then put in the folder custom
    4. Connect your PB to your PC.
    5. Run dingleberry.exe then click on Firmware Button.
    6. The firmware main view will shown up and make sure USB Information on the rightside is connected.
    7. Click on button on the leftside and choose custom
    9. And click the Update button below and wait until it finished (dont break any connection).
    10. After finished your PB will restart
    11. enjoy
    Thanks for this. I had .668 and it was working great. All the talk about causing damage made me wipe and I installed the beta, terrible on my pb. Then I went back to official, wipe then debrick, issues with that also.

So I used your instructions to install.668 that I downloaded when I saw it. Back on. 668 and couldn't be happier.
    08-11-12 11:17 AM
    Thanks for this. I had .668 and it was working great. All the talk about causing damage made me wipe and I installed the beta, terrible on my pb. Then I went back to official, wipe then debrick, issues with that also.

So I used your instructions to install.668 that I downloaded when I saw it. Back on. 668 and couldn't be happier.
    Do you NEED Dingleberry or can't you just use that other method, cfp? And do you recommend .668? I missed my opportunity when in Canada as the wifi was hit/miss and I did not want to brick it for the 3 day weekend. Or course, I would hate to have to restore my 40+ gigs of data so I reluctantly do anything. While I have the beta on the older (well, newer after rma) 32gig, I don't use it all that much.
    08-11-12 01:20 PM
    Do you NEED Dingleberry or can't you just use that other method, cfp? And do you recommend .668? I missed my opportunity when in Canada as the wifi was hit/miss and I did not want to brick it for the 3 day weekend. Or course, I would hate to have to restore my 40+ gigs of data so I reluctantly do anything. While I have the beta on the older (well, newer after rma) 32gig, I don't use it all that much.
    I never tried the cfp. Just followed the instructions, not sure which thread I got .668 from for download, will look for it.

I would recommend from my point of view I think it's the best OS I've had for my pb. Using dingleberry I did not lose anything, email and all still setup.

Edit: I did not root or anything like that and you need to have dev mode on.
    08-11-12 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the info.

I did download some image/images of .668. Maybe I will give it a try if rim does not release it early next week - or to use Rim jargon- SOON!
    08-11-12 04:30 PM
    Does anyone know where I might find a download of the latest beta file from today's release?
    08-14-12 10:36 PM
    You need to sign up or do you want just the file?
    08-15-12 05:28 AM
    You need to sign up or do you want just the file?
    An earlier link in this thread has a link to the file, so ideally, that is what I'd like an updated link to - if anyone has such a thing.
    08-15-12 07:19 AM
    i love you
    04-27-13 05:02 AM
    hello iloved your information but i have done this 4 times but when i go to setting and see the os information its still 2.1.0.1526 why is this so and why not the os i have installed on pb 2.1.0.560
    04-27-13 05:06 AM
    hello iloved your information but i have done this 4 times but when i go to setting and see the os information its still 2.1.0.1526 why is this so and why not the os i have installed on pb 2.1.0.560
    im trying to confirm myself if this works with O.S version 2.1.0.1526.
    any help would be appreciated too
    05-19-13 09:56 AM
    There's some incorrect info in this thread.
    CFP works just as well as single berry, but requires using the command line. Actually, although I haven't inspected Sacha's code for dingle I'm certain it uses CFP.
    Whether the PlayBook is wiped or just updated depends solely on the file loaded (debrick vs update .signed) and not on the method used.
    05-19-13 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD