Hi,

I do not know which Build number of OS 2.1 removed the "Keep messages on server" option when configuring Native Email Pop client on the Playbook tablet but it is really annoying. I just noticed this problem this week. I know for sure that this option was there before because I have Sreen Shot on by tablet that I keep in case I had to reconfigure my client. In fact, I had to delete my POP3 mail box and only use my cell phone (Nokia N8) to read my email while I am not at home. Everything is OK with my Gmail mail account (using Imap).

And, No, I can not use Imap with my main Email address because it is not supported by my supplier.

Has someone already contacted RIM, Ooops Blackberry, to know why this option was removed?

Any input is welcomed.
    03-10-13 03:13 PM
    Don't know about your POP email, but on my one POP account, that setting isn't necessary. Deleting an email from my POP account on my PB has no effect on the server since the folders don't sync.
    03-10-13 03:27 PM
    Don't know about your POP email, but on my one POP account, that setting isn't necessary. Deleting an email from my POP account on my PB has no effect on the server since the folders don't sync.
    I assure you even though the "choice" to leave messages on the server was there in earlier builds, it never worked for me. And it still does Not leave a message on the server in either my POP or Hotmail/Outlook accounts when I delete it on the PB as a first read. Just did it to make sure. Might work for you but it does not for me.
    YMMV.
    03-10-13 09:34 PM
    The problem is that when the message is read from the server, it is downloaded to the Playbook and erased on the server. From there, no matter if I delete it or keep it on the Playbook it is no more available on the server.

Consequently, back to home, when I start my email client on my PC, there is no way to receive the messages previously received on the tablet since there are no more on the server. The only solution is to forward the messages again from the tablet to myself at another address.

With the previous option enabled to keep the messages on the server, I was able to retrieve the messages again from my PC, no matter if there were also kept on or deleted from my Playbook. My email client on my PC was configured to retrieve and delete the messages on the server. This was working perfectly for me until this option was removed following an OS upgrade.
    03-11-13 01:51 PM
    It has never been there for my POP accounts. No matter the OS version.

Consider yourself lucky you had it at one point?
    03-11-13 05:11 PM
    What service are you using?

If you are using hotmail or gmail, go onto the website and you can set it so that they do not listen to pop deletion directives. E.g. Even if the client downloads or says "delete" email, it will keep the email always.

I'm an email hoarder. I never delete emails unless it's junk mail.
    03-11-13 07:46 PM
    Unfortunately, this option is not available with my carrier which is Videotron,Qu�bec, Canada.
    03-15-13 05:28 PM
    Mine just did this to me for the first time ever! I deleted 12 messages on my PB and it deleted them off the server. I tried to disable then enable 'Sync Email' no luck. I have no idea what changed. I have not had an OS update in a while. WTF, why would it just stop working like that? I'm with Shaw, perhaps they changed something.

good luck to all
    Rand
    07-06-13 05:38 PM
    I just noticed this problem when I added a new email account. I have heard Win8 doesn't support POP - RIM must have thought it was something they had to do too in order to appear cool.
    10-16-13 09:59 AM