It's a great paperweight. Ocassionally you can use it to check emails, if you can stand the pixeling on the browser as it loads.

Sold mine awhile ago to fund my Q10. Seriously don't get it unless it's like 10bucks. It's old, abandoned by blackberry, poor app selection too. You can do better...get the new nexus 7, I have one, it's the best in its price range

From my smokin' Barbeque10
    10-01-13 02:36 AM
    Nexus 7. 32 GB straight from the play store. You will love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-01-13 03:02 AM
    Just bought one last week! its an amazing device!
    BBM_BlackBerry Moe likes this.
    10-01-13 04:39 AM
    Thanks yall! Can't wait to get mine still!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 12:16 PM
    I got the PlayBook for a couple reasons........for one, the web browser......other than NetFlix and Hulu, it's done everything else I have tried with it......FULL desktop browsing experience...flash, etc.....can watch youtube videos right off youtube.com...in fact, you can even upload videos RIGHT TO YOUTUBE from the web browser! I tested it and its working! I am sure if it wasn't for the Microsoft Silverlight on NetFlix, that wouldn't be a problem, but no workaround for that.....Also, there is a game that I love that is on the Blackberry PlayBook called Bejeweled 2.....it's on Android but its not even on iPhone or Windows Phone (WP is not a surprise).....Plants vs Zombies on the PlayBook ran smoother and faster than my last computer! Nexus 7 may be a very tempting alternative because of its price, but you're not going to get a 64GB one for $167 (current price on Amazon for 64GB PlayBook).....the cameras on the PlayBook are also great...I use it a good bit when I record videos for YouTube......Ii'll break it down in pro's in con's IMO:

Pros:
    - Desktop Experience Web Browser (I don't use the default browser btw...I prefer "Origami browser", its free and looks like Chrome)
    -Great Camera, front and rear
    -FRONT FACING STEREO SPEAKERS!
    -Battery Life to get you thru a day and more!
    -Speaker are very loud
    -Micro HDMI port for output that supports full 1080p with 5.1 surround sound
    -Multi-tasking the way it should be....

CONS:
    -lack of NetFlix/Hulu
    -No real future as far as updates
    -Lacking in app department compared to iOS and Android
    10-06-13 05:26 AM
    You can buy mine if you like.

16Gb wifi model. Immaculate condition. Bought a journal case the same day and it has only been out of that to clean the screen.

From my Q5
    10-07-13 05:33 AM
    How much are you asking?
    10-08-13 04:00 PM
    I came --> <-- THIS close to buying an extremely gently used 16GB wifi mode (with screen protector and leather case)l for $80. But then I compared it's specs to my Q10's.

Head to head, Q10 vs PB...

RAM: 2GB vs 1GB
    Storage: 16GB/16GB
    CPU: 1.5GHz Krait vs 1GHz Cortex
    GPU: Adreno 225 vs PowerVR SGX540
    Display: Super AMOLED vs TFT

Apart from higher resolution and a larger screen, I'm hard pressed to find a way to justify the (even meagre $80) expense!

What do you folks do with yours?

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    10-08-13 09:43 PM
    I was tempted by an offer in the UK for a second PB last week, but to be honest there are better options now. Ones that have a fully supported OS for a start.
    With the new Nexus 7's on the market, the price of the old spec Nexus's have plummeted. These are way better value when you consider that you are future proofing yourself (to some extent).
    Either that or get a Nook HD+ and load vanilla Android on it.
    I love my 64GB Playbook, and use it every day, but its use will diminish since the OS is frozen and available app numbers won't change.
    I can't justify another one unfortunately
    10-09-13 02:54 AM
    I was tempted by an offer in the UK for a second PB last week, but to be honest there are better options now. Ones that have a fully supported OS for a start.
    With the new Nexus 7's on the market, the price of the old spec Nexus's have plummeted. These are way better value when you consider that you are future proofing yourself (to some extent).
    I love my 64GB Playbook, and use it every day, but its use will diminish since the OS is frozen and available app numbers won't change.
    I've also seen some deals for them in the UK. But having 2 already, and although I get great use out of them, and still find they're great for my needs, I can't really justify getting another. When I eventually move on, though, I will miss the quality and the way in which it's built - I just don't see that in other tablets.

I've also seen things like the Nook HD, the Hudl from Tesco, and there's a new-ish Sumvision Voyager II that looks reasonably interesting, too.

For the moment, though, I intend on getting good use and value out of my PlayBooks (as I have done with the Android tablets) that my PlayBooks largely replaced. History will probably repeat itself, I'll endeavour to remain content with them, and get tempted by some future bargain, then effectively migrate.
    10-09-13 03:27 AM
    I came --> <-- THIS close to buying an extremely gently used 16GB wifi mode (with screen protector and leather case)l for $80. But then I compared it's specs to my Q10's.

Apart from higher resolution and a larger screen, I'm hard pressed to find a way to justify the (even meagre $80) expense!

I do some email and surfing on mine. Main use is media - so watching video, sometimes listening to music. Mostly video playback, though - it tends to be what I've mainly used any video capable gadget I've had, really.

I have 2, a Z10 (so occasionally, bridge for internet connectivity if I'm somewhere with no WiFi coverage), and 2 Android tablets (a bit aging, really - got them before I had a PlayBook).
    10-09-13 03:30 AM
    Are you able to back up things off of your device to your PB as you would any PC!?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 03:59 AM
    Are you able to back up things off of your device to your PB as you would any PC!?
    Do you mean files or media? Then yes.

And BlackBerry Desktop Manager (the BlackBerry provided PC software for management of the PlayBook) can do full backups of it, as can BlackBerry Link (newer software for BB10 devices).
    10-09-13 04:43 AM
    How much are you asking?
    Well I'm in the UK first of all so not shipping out of the country. Would accept 50 plus postage.

From my Q5
    10-09-13 12:33 PM

Good luck with the Nexus ... btw are they able to stream Flash video yet? Is it possible to encrypt them as well so they are safe even if you lose them?
    10-09-13 01:10 PM

Uhhh ... much bigger screen and up to 64GB of storage, not all PlayBooks are 16GB.

Would you really want to watch a TV show or movie on a 3.1" screen? Good luck with that
    10-09-13 01:11 PM
    Good luck with the Nexus ... btw are they able to stream Flash video yet? Is it possible to encrypt them as well so they are safe even if you lose them?
    WRT the first question - the answer I believe is yes:
    How to Install Flash Player on Your Nexus 7 Tablet to Watch Streaming Web-Based Flash Videos � Nexus 7 softModder
    WRT the second question - well that looks like a dig at Android in general - right.
    Its a risk I'm happy to take as my tablets rarely leave the house, and I don't keep lots of data that I can't afford to lose on the tablets anyway.
    Lets face it mate - its not like the Playbook is without its faults.
    Its a choice really. - buy another playbook - which looks to be locked down solid to OS for time immemorial. and with a very limited, and likely diminishing, apps market
    -or-
    Buy something for a similar price that has some future in its OS and with an expanding apps market

Don't get me wrong. I like my PB, but I can't see any justification for getting another, when there plenty more options out there with less limitations ongoing.
    10-11-13 04:35 AM
    Bought a Surface now. Bye bye playbook.

Cannot fault the Surface. Full Internet, bigger screen and lots of apps.

From my Q5
    10-11-13 11:34 AM
    1 for when the other 2 aren't working

Z10/10.2.0.1725
    10-12-13 07:15 AM
    I still use my Playbook regularly. Mainly however I am using it as a nifty jukebox. All my music on it paired to the music gateway my friends are always impressed.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 10:13 AM
    Bought a Surface now. Bye bye playbook.

Cannot fault the Surface. Full Internet, bigger screen and lots of apps.

From my Q5

Of course the Surface is much better-featured than the PlayBook lol ... and it is several hundred pounds/dollars more expensive to reflect that fact. And as for Windows RT ... well that OS is just terrible ... I hope you didn't get a crappy Windows RT tablet
    10-13-13 01:56 PM
    its your money and your choice
    10-13-13 01:58 PM
    its your money and your choice
    Of course it is, but what's your point?
    10-13-13 03:26 PM
    I still use my PB. The only thing I wish it had was a proper cross platform IM service which is why I am waiting for BBM to go onto android and iOS so I can at least video chat people.
    10-14-13 01:10 AM
    I still use my PB. The only thing I wish it had was a proper cross platform IM service which is why I am waiting for BBM to go onto android and iOS so I can at least video chat people.
    From your Playbook?
    10-14-13 10:19 AM
65 123