I just got a problem with my playbook, details are described as below:

I upgraded the system to 2.1 beta and the device ran great; today I just dragged the browser icon on the dock to the first pane on home screen, so the dock was blank then, but when I tried to drag back the browser icon to the dock, there popped up a notification saying "array_insert invalid array index", and the browser icon just disappeared! I cannot find it back even after several reboots! I tried to google and search over the official website and the help docs, just cannot find any clue to the cause, so I'm asking you guys for help with the problem. Look forward to your quick response!

Thanks a lot!
    06-04-12 02:10 PM
    Any idea how to fix it?
    06-05-12 01:06 AM
    Basic steps #1
    - Have you restarted your PB at least once ?
    [before doing next suggestion, perform a full backup with DM. Connecting to DM may also bring some light ;-)]
    - Try to hit the "search for updates" again, you may need additional files (happened to me)

Let us know.

BTW: double posting won't help you much. As this is the appropriate section, there's the link to follow-up your previous one http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-back-728143/
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-05-12 at 04:39 AM.
    06-05-12 04:24 AM
    Basic steps #1
    - Have you restarted your PB at least once ?
    [before doing next suggestion, perform a full backup with DM. Connecting to DM may also bring some light ;-)]
    - Try to hit the "search for updates" again, you may need additional files (happened to me)

Let us know.

BTW: double posting won't help you much. As this is the appropriate section, there's the link to follow-up your previous one http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-back-728143/
    thanks for your response.
    i tried to restart my PB many times but didn't work.
    i know reinstalling the system should fix the problem, but i just hate to do so
    thought it might be a beta problem, since i couldn't get any clue to the cause after googling the issue..
    06-05-12 07:06 AM
    The same thing happened to me when I was reinstalling the developers' beta 2.1. I restored from the backup I had taken that brought back the icons, but the sideloaded apps won't run.
    The only way out was to register again and then update to 2.1 over 2.1
    Since then it is running fine. good luck.
    Spacemonkie likes this.
    06-05-12 07:18 AM
    The same thing happened to me when I was reinstalling the developers' beta 2.1. I restored from the backup I had taken that brought back the icons, but the sideloaded apps won't run.
    The only way out was to register again and then update to 2.1 over 2.1
    Since then it is running fine. good luck.
    yay, I've figured out your way is the only solution. cheers!
    06-05-12 10:25 AM
    This will happen anytime you remove all the icons from the dock.
    06-11-12 03:31 PM
    One question. If your browser icon disappeared, and since your screenshot shows the browser running, how did you open your browser without a desktop icon?
    06-11-12 04:52 PM
    One question. If your browser icon disappeared, and since your screenshot shows the browser running, how did you open your browser without a desktop icon?
    His browser probably wasn't in the bar; if you lost your browser from this, either do a wipe or Buy App Drawer - Download App Drawer - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 06-11-12 at 05:48 PM.
    06-11-12 05:44 PM
    You can install 2.1 over 2.1?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Spacemonkie; 06-25-12 at 04:52 PM.
    06-21-12 03:44 PM
    I'm having this same problem, but none of the above recommendations have helped. When I try to update, I'm told there is no update available. With each test, I'm losing more apps. Any more ideas?
    06-24-12 07:21 PM
    I'm having this same problem, but none of the above recommendations have helped. When I try to update, I'm told there is no update available. With each test, I'm losing more apps. Any more ideas?
    To update to the 2.1 beta, you have to register for it. See here- http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...le-now-727413/
    06-24-12 10:44 PM
    There is a fix/workaround that worked for me.

Simply move all the icons/folders to the shortcut bar and then restart, all my icons are now back.
    Xader, jdgdtg, nguyennamha and 3 others like this.
    10-11-12 11:56 AM
    Thank you for this tip... Worked for me as well.
    10-13-12 07:56 AM
    how do i register again ???
    11-05-12 09:43 AM
    how do i register again ???
    You don't. They're talking about reregistering for the 2.1 beta release, which is no longer available.
    11-05-12 10:49 AM

Simply move all the icons/folders to the shortcut bar and then restart, all my icons are now back.
    Worked for me too !
    jdgdtg likes this.
    11-05-12 11:23 AM

I had the same issue and this is how I solved it as well.
    jdgdtg likes this.
    11-08-12 05:52 PM

Worked perfectly. Thanks!!!
    11-10-12 07:17 PM
    wow!!!! thank u so much for ur advice...........it worked after so many days of researching............even the BB website dont have a solution for this problem.............thank u so much, now i can enjoy my playbook again
    11-23-12 02:03 AM
    Thank You So Much! I Backed Everything Up Just Incase I Lost It But Dragging Them Onto The Shorcut Bar (where the icons vanished) and restarted It Worked! Thanks Again Who Ever Suggested That!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-20-13 04:53 AM
    So the fix worked as advertised and I am eternally grateful. The questions arises: How in god`s name did you figure this out. The solution was basically make it worse until it fixes itself.
    Thanks again.
    02-06-13 06:34 PM
    Try this:

1. Move all icons from the lower pane(s) into the Quick Launch bar until there are no icons visible on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    2. Restart the BlackBerry PlayBook.

This should work. Tell me what happens!
    03-01-13 09:27 PM
    Did your games and apps from BlackBerry App World come back or did you have to reinstall them? Please tell me if they did or not because i will follow your advice. If you can give me the steps again. Thanks!
    03-01-13 09:30 PM
    ITS WORK 100% , nice ....
    04-23-13 08:48 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD