Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    But for some reason, the software can't find the device. It says connection problems but the tablet says "Connect to Computer" So My other method is using the network or WiFi Sharing otherwise it
    03-14-18 10:05 PM
    But for some reason, the software can't find the device. It says connection problems but the tablet says "Connect to Computer" So My other method is using the network or WiFi Sharing otherwise it
    Welcome to Crackberry.

You are plugging in the USB cable? What program are you using on the computer? Win or Mac?

I have not transferred anything to my Playbook in ages. Doesn't it show up in the File Explorer?
    03-15-18 11:39 AM
    Originally Posted by GrouchySue
    I had the same issue, but while the cause of the issue by new Smb security protocols is correct, the above solution did not work for me. It is also not recommended to disable Smb2 protocol.

Here's what I did:

Click Start and type Turn Windows Features Or or Off
    -this will open a small window listing tons of features that you can control manually
    Scroll down to SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and check the box
    -this enables Smb1 support
    Restart PC
    Reconnect Playbook.
    The Playbook can now be detected as storage AND it now charges via the USB port.

This assumes of course that BB Desktop manager is installed on your PC.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-16-18 12:14 PM
    Just pulled out the old Playbook today to try and download a movie...No Go!! Tried the above fix with no resolution on my end....any other things I could try?? Oh it also doesn't work with Link or Bluetooth transfer. The PC doesn't even recognize the Playbook.
    Last edited by Paullybob; 03-18-18 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    03-18-18 04:08 PM
    Originally Posted by GrouchySue
    I had the same issue, but while the cause of the issue by new Smb security protocols is correct, the above solution did not work for me. It is also not recommended to disable Smb2 protocol.

Here's what I did:

Click Start and type Turn Windows Features Or or Off
    -this will open a small window listing tons of features that you can control manually
    Scroll down to SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and check the box
    -this enables Smb1 support
    Restart PC
    Reconnect Playbook.
    The Playbook can now be detected as storage AND it now charges via the USB port.

This assumes of course that BB Desktop manager is installed on your PC.
    Thank you so much it worked I can explore the files D
    FF22 and zipsdrdoug like this.
    03-18-18 09:57 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

You are plugging in the USB cable? What program are you using on the computer? Win or Mac?

I have not transferred anything to my Playbook in ages. Doesn't it show up in the File Explorer?
    I used Major.123 method and it did work and show up in my file explore but before it didn't show up at all, and windows and yes I was using a USB cable
    03-18-18 10:06 PM
    Thank you so much it worked I can explore the files D
    This works for me too! Thank you!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-18 08:33 PM
    Hey guys I still use my PlayBook daily. I have an account with www.easynews.com for the last 15 years. This is the best way to download movies into the PlayBook. Search for MP4 movie files, press and hold the link, choose Save Link As. Allow to download and enjoy. Excellent platform for movies. Speakers are fantastic. Beware though Easynews has a ton of adult movies. They have a safe search mode but it will still find movies you did not want showing up as thumbnails on your screen. Great for music downloads as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-18 07:54 PM
    I use the android app x-plorer. it has a web portal where you can just drag and drop files, works great.
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 06-30-18 at 11:58 PM.
    06-30-18 12:32 PM