Hey guys I have a new playbook with 2.0 and heard you can get android apps, how does this work, if someone can tell me that would be great, as well is it a leaked program?
    02-24-12 09:58 AM
    02-24-12 10:02 AM
    Is this macbook friendly?
    02-24-12 10:07 AM
    Not sure I'm afraid. Apologies.
    02-24-12 10:22 AM
    Does the PB have to be Dingled in order to sideload Android apps? Does sideloading break or brick any PB functions (stock apps, AppWorld, volume etc.)?
    02-24-12 10:23 AM
    I apologize, but I have to ask this question..."if android apps are that important, why not buy an android tablet" ......just asking
    02-24-12 10:33 AM
    I tether my blackberry to my playbook, if i bought an android I wouldnt be able to do that
    02-24-12 10:42 AM
    I tether my blackberry to my playbook, if i bought an android I wouldnt be able to do that
    Oooooh kaaaay, let me ask this question.....never mind. Enjoy your Playbook. You do know the BlackBerry phone and PlayBook has a "bridge" feature that all but eliminates the need to tether
    Last edited by spencerdl; 02-24-12 at 11:06 AM.
    02-24-12 11:03 AM
    I suggest you use the forum SEARCH function, there are hundreds of posts teaching you how to sideload apps, tools needed etc...

You can also try to SEARCH using google, you'll find HUNDREDS of answers to your questions.

If you're afraid to break anything or brick your PB, then stay away from sideloading and use whatever app is available in app world.

If you really want/need droid apps, then do as sugegsted above and buy an Android tablet.
    02-24-12 11:22 AM
    Is this macbook friendly?
    Yes it is. Took some time finding how to do it, and took even longer to get it working, but it is quite easy when you do it properly (Obviously, I didn't do it properly). Here is the link to a great thread about it. If you have issues, read the last post by me in that thread, that is where I went wrong

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...arload-687019/
    02-24-12 11:44 AM
    I tried that and had no luck. The apps I tried seemed to load (in the sense that the DDPB program worked at it for a bit and then gave me the expected "Done" message), but no apps appeared on my Playbook.

I'm using Windows 7 (64bit), have updated to the latest Java, double-checked the IP, password and USB connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have tried Kindle and ES File Manager, so far.
    02-24-12 12:03 PM
    Android apps are in App World and look just like normal apps.

If the app you want hasn't been submitted to App World you may be able to side load it. This requires developer mode and does NOT require rooting, it does not break anything.

The Android Market is not available.
    breathlessTP likes this.
    02-24-12 01:12 PM
    Android apps are in App World and look just like normal apps.

If the app you want hasn't been submitted to App World you may be able to side load it. This requires developer mode and does NOT require rooting, it does not break anything.

The Android Market is not available.
    Appreciate the response - helps me (and others) learn what can/can not be done with with the PB. Don't want or desire an Android tablet - happy with what I've got. Nice to get some apps without having to root. Hopefully more will be submitted down the line.

Thanks again for the info.
    02-24-12 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD