Is there any way that keep the Playbook's display on all the time without using it? I can get maximum of 10 minute idle but could not find a way to make it any longer than that.
    04-09-14 09:53 PM
    You can use BatteryGuru, in its settings toggle it to stay on. But it has to show in at least half the screen if I recall.
    But I use BedBuzz it keeps my PB on forever as a bedside alarm.
    It has some cool features.

Posted via CB10
    bankrip likes this.
    04-09-14 10:07 PM
    A combination of the app Stay On and the use of Snow Stipple's trick (search for it) can keep any app alive running (almost) fullscreen.
    bankrip likes this.
    04-09-14 10:07 PM
    Would this cause any serious side effects (hardware wise)?
    04-10-14 11:43 AM
    Nothing should happen to your Playbook with the screen kept active beyond five minutes besides the battery going down. You'll still get a battery message warning chime at 10% and at each % drop until 0%. When I've had this happen my Playbook stayed at 0% for some ten minutes before the message 'Turning off Playbook' then appeared. It closed but I was able to get a screen capture which I've attached after the first picture showing the 0% battery level.

I plugged the Playbook in several minutes afterwards and it began charging as usual.

There won't be any screen burn in, either.

How to keep the Playbook on all the time?-img_20131473.png
    How to keep the Playbook on all the time?-img_20131475.png
    04-23-14 09:56 PM
    Here is another thing you could use to keep the screen on: a video on loop playback barely on the screen will work instead of OrigamiBrowser, KeepOn, etc. Some drawbacks but there are several things that come to mind that it can be useful for e.g. music/voiceover on the video could accompany the image on screen; or a video taken of the background colour on the screen would get rid of the different colour peeking onto the screen from the assisting app.

On a side note, saving pictures to video but keeping each of them on the video for ten, twenty, thirty seconds each would help people who want a slower scrolling picture frame holder or kiosk display -- again you could also add music/voiceover to it. A video on loop playback can just be full screen by itself.

Lastly, a comment on my previous post: there shouldn't be any burn in of the screen but for some added safety if you're keeping just one image active for long periods is to keep the screen brightness turned low.
    06-16-14 09:35 PM