First attempt to use cfp and debrick image obtained using sachup resulted in flashing corrupt screen once booted in the the OS.

Restoring the 2.0.1.840 debrick image now pending trying again once more cases are confirmed here.
    09-25-12 06:05 PM
    Just wanted to share my experience today...

Got it installed just as DoctorEvil8 did, by using just the larger file in the download, and this was installed over the last Alpha version. I rebooted it, it came up fine. Well, sort of. It worked just like the previous Alpha version. So, just because I didn't have anything else better to do, I found the radio file, removed it from my list, and installed all the other files using DDPB. They all installed ok, but it got really weird. I had new icons for the browser, app world, work app world(I think that's what the title was), contacts, calendar, games, camera, BBM, and I think that was all. All of these opened, and seemed to function, sort of. BBM of course didn't have any contacts in it since it is based on BB ID instead of pin and I used a new email address for this BB ID anyway. The camera worked, and I'm sure the details will be on the CB blogs soon enough (Probably the coolest thing I found that worked). The new browser worked, contacts and calendar worked, app world opened, but never loaded anything. Games was interesting. It didn't completely work but it did let me login and I got an email from scoreloop welcoming me. Also, the menu bar at the bottom was huge and none of the flow stuff was working. It appears to me that will definitely have a phone and PB version of the OS's. However, it looks like they will have the ability to update core parts together so that whether it's the phone or PB, they will both get the same security updates, bug fixes, etc. Pretty exciting stuff here!

I'm not really sure exactly what I proved, but I'm going to try and get it back to the latest release version and just try some of the apps to see what happens.

DO NOT DO THIS IF THIS IS YOUR ONLY PLAYBOOK!
    09-25-12 06:16 PM
    Attachment 117759 Attachment 117760 Attachment 117761 Attachment 117762

Images attached. The OS is pretty much useless. Screen capture didn't work on the PB.

I'm downgrading to something I can use. My recommendation... DO NOT ATTEMPT BB10 ON YOUR PLAYBOOK.
    09-25-12 07:37 PM
    Just wanted to share my experience today...

Got it installed just as DoctorEvil8 did, by using just the larger file in the download, and this was installed over the last Alpha version. I rebooted it, it came up fine. Well, sort of. It worked just like the previous Alpha version. So, just because I didn't have anything else better to do, I found the radio file, removed it from my list, and installed all the other files using DDPB. They all installed ok, but it got really weird. I had new icons for the browser, app world, work app world(I think that's what the title was), contacts, calendar, games, camera, BBM, and I think that was all. All of these opened, and seemed to function, sort of. BBM of course didn't have any contacts in it since it is based on BB ID instead of pin and I used a new email address for this BB ID anyway. The camera worked, and I'm sure the details will be on the CB blogs soon enough (Probably the coolest thing I found that worked). The new browser worked, contacts and calendar worked, app world opened, but never loaded anything. Games was interesting. It didn't completely work but it did let me login and I got an email from scoreloop welcoming me. Also, the menu bar at the bottom was huge and none of the flow stuff was working. It appears to me that will definitely have a phone and PB version of the OS's. However, it looks like they will have the ability to update core parts together so that whether it's the phone or PB, they will both get the same security updates, bug fixes, etc. Pretty exciting stuff here!

I'm not really sure exactly what I proved, but I'm going to try and get it back to the latest release version and just try some of the apps to see what happens.

DO NOT DO THIS IF THIS IS YOUR ONLY PLAYBOOK!
    If you still happen to have it loaded, please post some screenshot of whatever changed.
    09-25-12 10:47 PM
    Attachment 117759 Attachment 117760 Attachment 117761 Attachment 117762

Images attached. The OS is pretty much useless. Screen capture didn't work on the PB.

I'm downgrading to something I can use. My recommendation... DO NOT ATTEMPT BB10 ON YOUR PLAYBOOK.
    Oh. Yeah, I got that when I just installed the main .signed.
    When I tried to install the radio, or flash the recovery image, I got this:
    (yeah, not fun).
    09-25-12 11:57 PM
    Ok, so the new keyboard, the peek and all that isn't yet possible on a BP loaded with BB10 dev alpha 10.0.9? I guess I will wait then...
    09-26-12 02:58 AM
    (yeah, not fun).
    Yikes! That looks like my old Commodore 64 screen!
    09-26-12 06:39 AM
    (yeah, not fun).
    Could make a wild background lol.
    09-26-12 06:43 AM
    Is it possible to get to wallpaper from the Alpha?
    09-26-12 06:55 AM
    I'm more interested in finding out if you can take certain aspects of the BB10.0.9 firmware and install them on the PB OS2.0.1 or OS 2.1 such as the camera and keyboard? Specifically the camera as that would be awesome to play with
    09-26-12 07:53 AM
    I'm more interested in finding out if you can take certain aspects of the BB10.0.9 firmware and install them on the PB OS2.0.1 or OS 2.1 such as the camera and keyboard? Specifically the camera as that would be awesome to play with
    I think someone said that the apps don't work.. Most likely cause they will need new apis, the new cascades libs etc..
    09-26-12 08:17 AM
    I only tried BBM, but it failed saying it needed OS 10.0.9 or higher. I guess I could extract the BAR, edit the manifest to work on lower OS versions, sign it with a debug token and install it, but I'm not completely sure how to do all that, and I doubt it'd work anyway. It probably needs new libraries etc. (e.g. Cascades) not available in 2.1.0.560 (which is the OS I'm on now IIRC).
    09-26-12 08:43 AM
    Debug tokens don't work with with sys permissions so bbm, etc, won't work like that.
    09-26-12 08:59 AM
    Ahh well, thanks for even considering it guys hopefully BB10 hurry's the up and gets here soon!

edit: Really? is filtered out? Fine! hopefully BB10 hurry's the HECK up and gets here soon! lol is that better?
    Last edited by tfp; 09-26-12 at 09:18 AM. Reason: filtered words lol
    09-26-12 09:05 AM
    Debug tokens don't work with with sys permissions so bbm, etc, won't work like that.
    Oh really? I remember xsacha talking about resigning sys BARs with debug tokens, but I now remember that was just for deleting them, so I guess the apps themselves wouldn't have worked if they had been run after doing that.
    09-26-12 10:23 AM
    hey guys does netflix/skype work on 10.0.9?

trollolololol.
    09-26-12 03:01 PM
    Not sure. Oddly enough, Netscape works. Weird.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    neilmann likes this.
    09-26-12 05:21 PM
    So I may have been incorrect earlier; rumor has it that you CAN use BBM if you install the new Dev Alpha OS like this:

1. cfp load coreOS.signed file
    2. sideload BBM and other apps

However, if you load the radio file or the debrick image, you WILL BRICK.

You WILL NOT get the new BB10 UI.

You can get the coreOS.signed using Sachup, or if you're not sure what file it is, you can get it (and BBM) from here: 10.0.9.44_coreOS_and_BBM.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
    I have not tested this, and probably won't (and it's not my fault if this doesn't work or you have to debrick your PlayBook like I had to yesterday ). Just passing on a rumor.
    BB_Bmore, SifJar and Ben Bubble like this.
    09-26-12 11:24 PM
    please remove..
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 09-27-12 at 02:50 AM.
    09-27-12 02:48 AM
    So I may have been incorrect earlier; rumor has it that you CAN use BBM if you install the new Dev Alpha OS like this:

You can get the coreOS.signed using Sachup, or if you're not sure what file it is, you can get it (and BBM) from here: 10.0.9.44_coreOS_and_BBM.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
    I have not tested this, and probably won't (and it's not my fault if this doesn't work or you have to debrick your PlayBook like I had to yesterday ). Just passing on a rumor.

I am pretty sure that is the textbook definition of irony... lol

Has anyone tried this?
    09-27-12 06:57 AM

I can confirm that this is accurate information. As I detailed in my earlier post, the new UI does not work, as well as several other apps. For some reason, on this attempt, I can't get the browser to work either.

I did discover that the new BBM works will send messages to PIN based users. I added a new contact by scanning the barcode on my 9850 which I'm using a different BBID on, and I am able to chat between the two. The menus are klunky, since "flow" does not work on the PB yet.

The PlayBook as a whole is not really functional like this, and again I say "DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE PLAYBOOK". If you do, you will be very upset because to use it normally, you will have to start all over again.

Hopefully BB10 for PB will be available to the public before the phones are, or maybe it will all be available sooner than expected. Anyway, it's fun to play, BB10 ftw!
    09-27-12 10:34 AM
    Hopefully BB10 for PB will be available to the public before the phones are, or maybe it will all be available sooner than expected. Anyway, it's fun to play, BB10 ftw!
    It has already been stated that BB10 will only hit the PlayBook after phones are released. We can hope they change their mind on this though I don't think they will. They do need, after all, to sell new hardware.
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-06-12 at 07:53 PM.
    09-27-12 02:01 PM
    I have a feeling the UI of the Playbook might be relatively unchanged with BB10. Don't get me wrong, BB10 will be under the hood, and the new apps will work, but with 2 year old hardware, you can only push the limits so far. Just my sneaky suspicion.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    09-27-12 02:09 PM
    Awww Man - Was so hoping to get some BB10 love on my PlayBook. Think it might be wise to leave it...Although...I could play with the other half's one? Muhahah!
    09-27-12 03:02 PM

Is there a source for bar file of the other native OS10 apps,such as the browser?
    09-27-12 07:47 PM
251 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD