Is there a source for bar file of the other native OS10 apps,such as the browser?
    BB10 links - Pastebin.com

Thanks to Sachup..
    09-27-12 10:11 PM
    BB10 links - Pastebin.com

Thanks to Sachup..
    Thanks for the links. I tried the browser and Appworld and they didn't seem to work well. I am not sure if it is the App or just that the App was designed for portrait mode and the phone. Appworld just doesn't load anything, just the spinning loading icon.

BBM works as mentioned earlier in the thread.

I did notice that OS10 was very fast but it may just be that it is not running as many background process as the stock OS2.

Experiment over, I am now loading the 2.1.0.840 back onto the PlayBook.
    09-28-12 11:22 AM
    I kind of like this on the Playbook. Although literally the only working apps are BBM (Partially) and browser, the browser is very fast. I wonder though, if it's actually burning through the battery faster.
    09-28-12 08:05 PM
    Can you show some screenshots of the browser. The browser in BB10 is built with cascades no?
    BerryClever likes this.
    09-28-12 08:28 PM
    The pastebin link seems to be down could someone please reup them.
    thanks

Edit
    looks like the entire site is down right now
    09-30-12 07:54 PM
    Just use Sachup to get all the links and/or download the .bars.
    10-05-12 10:57 PM
    Not sure if this was already answered....

Anyone know if the built-in File Manager app has been updated to give access (like our BB phones) to full directory structure listings and showing all possible file types? I hope BB10's File Manager is like our existing Blackberry phone File Manager, and not like the really poor Playbook File Manager (which is also used in the Browser, Messaging apps as well when you try to find a file to attach or upload).

The problem is, all of the programs use the same File Manager interface which basically scans the whole playbook and lumps everything into 4 categories: Pictures/Videos/Music/Documents (sorted alphabetically). If a file has an unrecognized extension, it doesn't show up. So good luck trying to attach it to an email and sending it.

Also, there is a problem when some email attachments UNZIP... they do not let you delete them after! Because the Playbook creates the unzipped directory and files (which may be unknown types/extensions) with it's own app user-permissions... and then doesn't give you access after to delete your files (which it can't show because of unknown type). You can't delete them in another 3rd party app because permission was set by the Playbook's own built-in app and the file "belongs" to it, not the 3rd party app.

If RIM updates the File Manager to give you options to delete and access folder structures like on our BB phones, then hopefully it can be used to delete files that don't belong, or let you attach/upload/download wherever you want and whatever file type extensions you need. Without that functionality, BB10 will FAIL in a big way for people "who do".... Business people who need to be able to organize, upload, download and manage email attachments and files OF ANY EXTENSION on the go.
    10-08-12 10:55 PM
    That's great. I installed BB10 on Playbook. This is really need.
    Thank your great work.

Begin to fight my code on BB10.
    10-19-12 02:25 PM
    If RIM updates the File Manager to give you options to delete and access folder structures like on our BB phones, then hopefully it can be used to delete files that don't belong, or let you attach/upload/download wherever you want and whatever file type extensions you need. Without that functionality, BB10 will FAIL in a big way for people "who do".... Business people who need to be able to organize, upload, download and manage email attachments and files OF ANY EXTENSION on the go.
    There are a number of file managers on App World.
    10-21-12 06:23 PM
    That's great. I installed BB10 on Playbook. This is really need.
    Thank your great work.

Begin to fight my code on BB10.
    How is the experience? Is it pretty good or a beta with lot of errors?
    10-25-12 09:17 AM
    Oh. Yeah, I got that when I just installed the main .signed.
    When I tried to install the radio, or flash the recovery image, I got this:
    (yeah, not fun).
    well, I got exactly the same stage
    but, power/reset/standby menu and volume menu works well - looks, like it's some kind of direct access to video-memory from boot-loader, which can be displayed above broken videopage from main system.
    Last edited by ayaromenok; 11-08-12 at 07:39 PM.
    11-07-12 09:37 AM
    I had it working but pretty useless, wiped the device to downgrade to latest OS 2.1
    11-18-12 05:51 AM
    BB 10.0.9.1103 Works?
    11-29-12 01:32 PM
    BB 10.0.9.1103 Works?
    I doubt it, but I'll let you know for sure soon.
    11-29-12 01:51 PM
    I doubt it, but I'll let you know for sure soon.
    It does not. I sideloaded the coreOS signed, and just got a blank screen.
    11-29-12 02:20 PM
    blank screen with wallpaper (blue, same as in simulator)
    Last edited by ayaromenok; 12-01-12 at 06:40 PM.
    12-01-12 12:27 PM
    How do you sideload apps (from Bar files) or an entire OS onto the PlayBook. Sorry I'm completely new to PB (only used as a tablet before).
    12-03-12 10:04 PM
    How do you sideload apps (from Bar files) or an entire OS onto the PlayBook. Sorry I'm completely new to PB (only used as a tablet before).
    .bar files you sideload (there's a lot of tutorials on that).
    An OS you use CFP or dingleberry. Check the first post of this thread.
    12-03-12 10:28 PM
    did someone try latest 10.0.09.1675 firmware?
    12-13-12 12:19 PM
    Doesn't work. Same result as Scribd2000 on 10.0.9.1103. I think they found a way to counter PB.
    12-13-12 06:09 PM
    and what about this version?

How to install BB10 to your BlackBerry PlayBook-os10_playbook.jpg
    Last edited by sdtvteam; 01-04-13 at 03:20 PM.
    01-04-13 03:00 PM
    Does anyone know where I can find a download of the BB10 Dev OS I could try to install on my PlayBook. I just bought a new one and figured I try to test it out on my old one.
    01-04-13 06:41 PM
    Any update on this? There is a rumoir floating around that a prerelease could see the day around the. 15th of Jan but I don't trust it so much (read on berryreview and tweeted by @BlackberryScoop). Hopefully BB10 on PB is not that far away (good thing I bought three )
    01-04-13 06:53 PM
    Any update on this? There is a rumoir floating around that a prerelease could see the day around the. 15th of Jan but I don't trust it so much (read on berryreview and tweeted by @BlackberryScoop). Hopefully BB10 on PB is not that far away (good thing I bought three )
    You will find people who have friends at Rim that told them summer. You will also find some folks with friends at Rim that told them a beta very soon after launch followed by the full release. You will also find people with friends at Rim that told them sometime in 2013. I don't have any friends at Rim but I suspect if I did that they probably wouldn't know exactly when it's coming either
    01-04-13 07:30 PM
    You will find people who have friends at Rim that told them summer. You will also find some folks with friends at Rim that told them a beta very soon after launch followed by the full release. You will also find people with friends at Rim that told them sometime in 2013. I don't have any friends at Rim but I suspect if I did that they probably wouldn't know exactly when it's coming either
    A few months ago, I kept hearing summer 2013 from several people on the Dev Relations team and a few other RIM employees.
    Lately, I've been hearing some people toss around a potential release right before the z10 release to hype up BB10.
    I'm personally going to guess somewhere midway between those two, but I'd love to see it soon.
    Also, the OS2 beta lasted for some months, so potentially both rumors could be true.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    01-04-13 11:12 PM
251 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD