i HAVE it saved on my computer but how do I transfer it onto my playbook. is it through the Desktop software or ddpb installer? someone fill me in .thanks.
    12-06-11 08:01 PM
    unzip it and run then connect via usb cable and follow instructions
    12-06-11 08:11 PM
    unzip it and run then connect via usb cable and follow instructions
    where are instructions?
    12-06-11 08:17 PM
    they are built into the dingleberry tool used to root the PB
    12-06-11 08:30 PM
    i cannot find it. how do I get it. I have the zip file on my desktop on my desktop and there is a publisher document that will not open and another file with the same name as the publisher document that doesnt have a default application so I dont know what to open it with
    12-06-11 08:34 PM
    once unzipped go into file there is an executable file double click to run
    12-06-11 08:35 PM
    oohhh ok. I just clicked it and now it is saying 'enter your device details below. then you can connect your device as root.' what does 'connect your device as root' mean?
    12-06-11 08:44 PM
    what does 'connect your device as root' mean?
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you can't answer that question, you should really stop whatever you're doing right now, you won't go anywhere with DB if you don't even know what a root account is or if you have no UNIX/Linux background.
    KermEd, narci and CracklePot like this.
    12-06-11 10:03 PM
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you can't answer that question, you should really stop whatever you're doing right now, you won't go anywhere with DB if you don't even know what a root account is or if you have no UNIX/Linux background.
    Just to add to this, Im totally not trying to offend anyone here either. But rooting (kind of like logging in as an admin on Windows) really isnt much help for the average user *yet*. There is great potential in the very near future. But right now this is marked as developer level, not so helpful at user level yet.

... users waiting for a root feature they need might want to hold on any OS updates and wait a bit for a non-beta DingleBerry release
    12-06-11 10:19 PM
    im actually not an average user. I have OS 2.0 and I have about 30 android apps on my Playbook. And I attended DevCon 2011 the Americas. Please don't judge it was a simple question that I don't understand.
    12-06-11 10:54 PM
    im actually not an average user. I have OS 2.0 and I have about 30 android apps on my Playbook. And I attended DevCon 2011 the Americas. Please don't judge it was a simple question that I don't understand.
    your kidding right?
    12-07-11 12:45 AM

edit: as seen on dingleberry.it

Windows download
    Windows Beta 2.1 - This is for experienced users ONLY.
    Last edited by snoozininsomniac; 12-07-11 at 02:39 AM.
    12-07-11 02:37 AM
    Click to view quoted image

edit: as seen on dingleberry.it
    Not saying I'm am an expirienced user. But the program is 4 steps, easy to read. Unless english isn't your first language.
    12-07-11 01:08 PM
    sebastianlovestheplaybook: not to belittle you or anything but an above average user would know that a .pub file dose not indicate that it is for MS publisher. (look into PGP stuff). young padawan you are not ready for beta releases it would be in your best interest to wait for a more final release...
    you are on the right path of learning and must now find the land of IRC, bug the devigods and hope they take pity on you....
    i bid you good travels
    12-07-11 06:48 PM
    Just out of curiosity I'm just wondering why you personally would want to root your PB? It seems like you don't even know what rooting is for. Installing OS 2.0 and a hand full of Android apps does not make you an advanced user. My 14 year old daughter installed 2.0 and six of her favorite Android apps and she attended the new Harry Potter theme park at Islands of Adventure :-)

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    12-08-11 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD