http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=7sIV6KO_unE

After watching the demo of BB10 on PB, two things just hit me.

1. If you want BB10 on PB why don't you just download the beta version and just go with it??

Or....

2. Remember how you all wanted to get the Netflix CEO by throwing out a petition or whatever?? Why don't you all do the same with Heins since you feel so betrayed by him???

These are just opinions but whatev.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    06-30-13 08:53 AM
    Because that is a very early build of BB10 that doesn't add anything to the PlayBook. In fact, it was so barebones that a lot of stuff you can do now on OS2.1 doesn't work there.

And please show us where the new features are in that release.

Yes, people can load that any day. Does it mean they will have BB10? No. They will have an updated release number. That's all.

We complained when OS6 didn't make it to all OS5 devices (even those that had the hardware to handle it). BlackBerry as a company has made a business decision (and they actuallybhave good reasoning for it).

As usual though, they failed terribly at delivering the message.
    howarmat likes this.
    06-30-13 10:19 AM
    The storm lineup was dropped, the torch lineup was dropped and now the playbook... there's a horrible history with blackberry and anything made with a touch screen. I can feel the resale value of my Z10 plummeting

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 06:24 PM
    Torch lineup wasn't exactly dropped.

And, the Z10 is amazing. I have a feeling it will not see the same fate as the PB, unless the entire company goes down.
    07-01-13 01:11 AM
    Torch lineup wasn't exactly dropped.

And, the Z10 is amazing. I have a feeling it will not see the same fate as the PB, unless the entire company goes down.
    It would be terrible but not unimaginable if BlackBerry became like Nokia and switched over to Windows Mobile or Like HP to Android. I really don't know how much resources they have to advance let alone maintain. Analysts are predicting this as a black summer for all cell phone sales, perhaps Apple and Samsung will be able to handle this, while. BlackBerry may not. This may or may not happen ,also in a strange turn of events Apple and Samsung may go down (both seem to have reached a point of saturation ) and Blackberry may maintain or grow stronger. I'm interested to see if PRISM effects BlackBerry - in the week after Snowden's leak use of Google plummeted while an Duck,Duck GO shot up.

I still think my PlayBook is the best tablet out there and it is with bitter irony that with the release of iOS7 that the iPad maybe able to do what the PlayBook does well already. Aside from astonishingly ugly icons l don't see iOS7 offering anything substantial other than multi tasking.
    07-01-13 07:24 AM
    Because that is a very early build of BB10 that doesn't add anything to the PlayBook. In fact, it was so barebones that a lot of stuff you can do now on OS2.1 doesn't work there.

And please show us where the new features are in that release.

Yes, people can load that any day. Does it mean they will have BB10? No. They will have an updated release number. That's all.

We complained when OS6 didn't make it to all OS5 devices (even those that had the hardware to handle it). BlackBerry as a company has made a business decision (and they actuallybhave good reasoning for it).

As usual though, they failed terribly at delivering the message.
    If you load the 10.0.9.388 build you can write and run cascades apps, and you get an early version of the BB10 browser. Entertaining if you have a spare PB.
    07-08-13 09:15 PM
    But can it be or is it rooted ?

If it can/is then can further funtionality be added to the OS ourselves ? could we effectively fork it into our own PBOS 3.0?

Just throwing that out there
    07-09-13 02:32 AM

If it can/is then can further funtionality be added to the OS ourselves ? could we effectively fork it into our own PBOS 3.0?

rooting wouldn't help you in anyway!
    to add functionality? you need to insert modules using insmod command which you dont have access to or rights denied. so rooting will give your playbook a cosmetic look and prosthetic feelings that too on steroid. you need solid access.
    i am working on /dev/mem raw memory access. and as of now only failure. and utter failure and more wall punching. i punch the poor wall when i fail.
    we are working on porting Other OS rooting sub sub-forum will help you understand my gibberish technical talk, if you are interested. and i have posted in a very zig zag way all info i find now and then. i will make one last adjustment and then log off for the say in the rooting forum in the bootrom section.
    i also found the resistor value.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 06:18 AM
    so in unix terms root isn't root ? it's really just a superuser ?

But in terms of functionality - does the beta of OS10 have all the drivers for the hardware built in ?? if so then eveything can be accessed ?
    07-09-13 06:56 AM
    YouTube

2. Remember how you all wanted to get the Netflix CEO by throwing out a petition or whatever?? Why don't you all do the same with Heins since you feel so betrayed by him???

These are just opinions but whatev.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    A petition will not do any good. The company is in transition and needs the money elsewhere..
    07-09-13 07:00 AM
    so in unix terms root isn't root ? it's really just a superuser ?

But in terms of functionality - does the beta of OS10 have all the drivers for the hardware built in ?? if so then eveything can be accessed ?
    root is root, olden days. now root is no longer root (god), super gods have taken over root. in linux there is selinux, pam, tomoyo, grsec, pax, etc. unless you have access rights to be root or super root. your root powers are still as good as sudo or toor.
    regarding os 10.x no clue as i am not working with os 10.x its not productive and neither in production and neither helpful. its broken. and no point playing with a broken toy. i am trying to gain access via /dev/mem and still no success. thats all wrt 2.1.x
    since its stable and production ed, which is why 2.1.x and /dev/mem, if i have access to it? then those unwilling to jtag can do it all in a breeze. but still jtag may be necessary. since there is an efuse which needs to be broken or reactivated to pass the current 50 mA and connected via 3.6 ohms. go to bootrom post or rooting post by dr_akula i have gone on depth and also some trash talks.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 08:03 AM

There is a root for bb1p up through 10.0.9, but xsascha hasn't released it yet.

Could it be forked? Maybe. I just happen to have 2 PlayBooks so my 10.0.9.388 one is a development toy for learning Cascades.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 01:15 PM
    There is a root for bb1p up through 10.0.9, but xsascha hasn't released it yet.

Could it be forked? Maybe. I just happen to have 2 PlayBooks so my 10.0.9.388 one is a development toy for learning Cascades.

Posted via CB10
    i know about the root. but its of no use to me. because it doesnt give me what i need. i know and he also knows what i need. i need direct access to ram. /dev/mem which will open the pandoras box wrt to blackberry playbook. but unless i jtag into the machine i will get no idea how to get it. wait for a few more days. we are very close. this close.
    check rooting forum for more info.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 01:21 PM
    i know about the root. but its of no use to me. because it doesnt give me what i need. i know and he also knows what i need. i need direct access to ram. /dev/mem which will open the pandoras box wrt to blackberry playbook. but unless i jtag into the machine i will get no idea how to get it. wait for a few more days. we are very close. this close.
    check rooting forum for more info.
    thanks!
    -paul
    It obviously isn't going to help with your project, but the root exploit would come in handy if we could use it to rip out the expiry date in 10.0.9.388 and roll the UI back to 10.0.6.386 so we have a properly working UI. Android isn't going to let anyone write Cascades Good luck on your project though.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 04:04 PM