Hello. I am a user of Windows 8 and recently bought a Playbook tablet. I have some doubts, can you help me?
    - How can I install Android apps?
    - Is available Youtube, Netflix, Skype, Whatsapp and Instagram?
    - Can I connect a USB pendrive?
    - I have not a Blackberry phone (I have an android and windows phone), that will be a problem?
    - How good or bad is the AppWorld?

In general, why do you think this tablet is good?

*Thanks, sorry for my bad english.
    04-06-14 07:12 PM
    To install Android apps, you are required to install DDPB on http://apps.goodereader.com/

Then install any apps/games from there. Not all work though. Youtube I think works. Netflix, Skype that I tried haven't worked.

USB pendrive? Haven't tried it, but imma guess it supports it.

It's fine, having an Android or Windows phone. You just won't have the luxury to use the BlackBerry Bridge.

Appstore isn't the best. But it does have some good quality apps/games.

Posted via CB10
    titoyees likes this.
    04-06-14 07:57 PM
    As mentioned in the previous post, some converted Android apps will work. As for pendrive, Netflix and etc, they will not work.

The PlayBook is good for consuming content on the Web or supported apps, but is not the best for the latest apps you may see on Apple or Android.

It is very good at multimedia, be it music, videos or flash based movie sites. The ability to connect to a TV via HDMI is unique for a tablet like this. I regularly stream a news channel I subscribe to and connect it to a TV via HDMI.
    titoyees likes this.
    04-06-14 08:33 PM
    You have to download the applications you want in a .bar format, then use the DDPB installer to sideload them to your tablet. Look around the forums, you'll find lots of threads with working Android apps available for download.
    Bear in mind that the PlayBook supports only upto Android 2.3, so many apps and games won't be compatible.

And I highly doubt you can use a pen drive.

Regarding not having a BlackBerry, it doesn't really make a difference as you can use the PlayBook as a standalone tablet. If you had a BB, you could mirror the fuctions of your phone to the PB.

With all that said and done, enjoy your tablet! It's great hardware and still delivers a little punch! Be sure to upgrade your OS to the latest version.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    titoyees likes this.
    04-06-14 08:37 PM
    Start with keeping the receipt and returning it.

PlayBook is no longer supported by BlackBerry so what you just got is all you'll get. No updates or enhancements.

I'm sure I'll get some backlash for my comment.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 09:41 PM
    Start with keeping the receipt and returning it.

PlayBook is no longer supported by BlackBerry so what you just got is all you'll get. No updates or enhancements.

I'm sure I'll get some backlash for my comment.

Posted via CB10
    And yet, my PlayBook is running just fine. No issue and no complaints here

Posted via CB10
    titoyees likes this.
    04-06-14 10:00 PM
    And yet, my PlayBook is running just fine. No issue and no complaints here

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say that it'll stop running. But eventually the Flash player will become out dated and when that happened some websites may not work that great.

Buy purchasing a PlayBook now (after BlackBerry said they are done supporting it) would be setting yourself up for a huge letdown later.

As someone with a playbook, go with another tablet.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-07-14 12:14 PM
    I didn't say that it'll stop running. But eventually the Flash player will become out dated and when that happened some websites may not work that great.
    That's a bad example, since this is true for ALL mobile devices, not just the Playbook. Adobe stopped any further development of flash for mobile well over a year ago.
    mh1983 likes this.
    04-07-14 12:50 PM
    That's a bad example, since this is true for ALL mobile devices, not just the Playbook. Adobe stopped any further development of flash for mobile well over a year ago.
    Actually it's not. The PlayBook is not a "mobile" device, it's a tablet. Websites renders in desktop form unless the site is responsive or coded to render differently for the screen size. In most cases, it's not. With a "mobile device" or shall we say smart phone, most websites ARE optimized for that experience. Mobile renditions of websites don't use Flash. If it does, it's bad practice by the developer.

So you're right about Adobe but wrong about how the playbook renders websites.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:45 PM
    OP is either trolling or extremely naieve.
    04-07-14 06:26 PM
    So you're right about Adobe but wrong about how the playbook renders websites.
    I guess that you've never heard about Origami.
    04-07-14 06:49 PM
    I guess that you've never heard about Origami.
    Once again, we here in BBRY world must use apps other than those out of the box to be productive.

Didn't we bash Apple for needing an app for this and that just to simply be productive? And here, BBRY lovers slapping themselves in their face with comments such as yours.

IMO, if I have to download an app to do something that the phone should be able to do out of the box like lets say...browse the internet and render its content without a problem, it's not worth the hassle.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-07-14 10:55 PM
    Didn't we bash Apple for needing an app for this and that just to simply be productive? .
    No. "We" didn't. You may have. Others may have. I didn't. I frankly don't care about out of the box capability, if I can upgrade that capability with relatively little effort and no money. The stock browser on my android tablet is, in my opinion, garbage, but it took me all of two minutes to install Maxthon, which suits me just fine. So you can continue to use Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player on your PC. Me, I'll stick with Opera, Firefox, and VLC.
    04-07-14 11:42 PM
    Get some App and Games hints and tips from the Greatest Apps nominations thread.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    04-11-14 05:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes...when flash stops working it'll be like any other ipad/tablet...;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:59 AM
    Hello. I am a user of Windows 8 and recently bought a Playbook tablet. I have some doubts, can you help me?
    - How can I install Android apps?
    - Is available Youtube, Netflix, Skype, Whatsapp and Instagram?
    - Can I connect a USB pendrive?
    - I have not a Blackberry phone (I have an android and windows phone), that will be a problem?
    - How good or bad is the AppWorld?

In general, why do you think this tablet is good?

*Thanks, sorry for my bad english.
    What is the condition of your PlayBook now? Did it become laggy or is it still running smoothly?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 09:51 AM
    Yes...when flash stops working it'll be like any other ipad/tablet...;-)

Posted via CB10
    No it won't. The browser is crazy slow and can't deal with Java script well. All origami does is turn everything off so you get a faster browser but it doesn't have much content.
    05-08-14 10:06 AM
    No it won't. The browser is crazy slow and can't deal with Java script well. All origami does is turn everything off so you get a faster browser but it doesn't have much content.
    That's not "All Origami does" (also has user agents, better bookmark system, arguably better UI), but it's all it does in the case of speed.
    05-08-14 10:10 AM
    That's not "All Origami does" (also has user agents, better bookmark system, arguably better UI), but it's all it does in the case of speed.
    Agreed. It has some options the stock one does not.
    05-08-14 10:13 AM