first things first, LOVE my dam playbook the only thing it cant do is make/receive calls juuuust yet....im hopefull though

i have been messing around quite alot with my pb and desktop im not new to blackberry os's n things alike i know my way around but im inquisitive and not afraid to venture out and see the limits i can push my pb too. That being said i have few questions for the crackberry geniuses, id like to put the android app player onto my pb as i understand frok forums that ive read through is that on the os2 beta its already in there and you just sideload the apps in. My biggest problem with that is that i too read of the problems this causes with bridge and its apps i read the work around but the work around seems a little burdensome for someone like me who heavily relies on email calendar and bbm so i decided not go with os2 beta

finally my question, is there a way to get the android app player to run on pb os 1.7?
    if this thread or forum exists im sorry i reaaly did search to no avail. If anyone has any answers or knows howto accomplish what id like to do please let me know

thanks alot crackberry nation this is my first post and thread muahahaahahahahaaa
    11-17-11 03:08 PM
    Sorry. If you want the Android Player you will need to load the beta OS 2.0.

the previous Android player leak will not work on OS 1.0.7
    CMZ_DL likes this.
    11-17-11 04:10 PM
    Sorry. If you want the Android Player you will need to load the beta OS 2.0.

the previous Android player leak will not work on OS 1.0.7
    thanks that sucks alot! is the issue with bridge really that bad? i was looking foward to messing around with the app player
    11-17-11 04:15 PM
    is the issue with bridge really that bad?
    Keeping in mind that there are caveats with loading a "developer only" beta...

You should be fine if you didn't load the previous leaked Android under OS1. If you did, you will likely need to do a security wipe and possibly brick your device to ensure a fresh install of the current OS before loading the OS2 beta. Bridge is working for me (having done the wipe and brick routine) and the only application that doesn't work is Bridge Files.
    11-17-11 04:50 PM
    Keeping in mind that there are caveats with loading a "developer only" beta...

You should be fine if you didn't load the previous leaked Android under OS1. If you did, you will likely need to do a security wipe and possibly brick your device to ensure a fresh install of the current OS before loading the OS2 beta. Bridge is working for me (having done the wipe and brick routine) and the only application that doesn't work is Bridge Files.
    interesting... i have not messed around with the leaked version of android app player at all not even installing it. what your saying is that your on the developer beta or os2 and your bridge apps work with the exception of bridge files (i can live without till feb or so ha!) because you sec wiped bricked and reloaded? if i understood correctly that doesnt sound to bad at all if i havent touched the leak at all and up to devbeta os2 my bridge apps should work?
    11-17-11 05:01 PM
    Bridge should work fine. If not, then you have to do the wipe and/or brick routine (as I did). Don't forget to do a full back-up prior to loading the OS2 beta to have the option of going back to 1.7 if you choose to. Also, there is no guarantee the beta will update to the proper OS2 when the later is released. So you might have to do the brick routine in Feb. Finally, some apps don't work properly in the beta, such as Files & Folders (the Google Docs integration) due to a fault or missing feature in the current beta OS.
    11-18-11 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD