Some apps may have their own storage and may allow you to clean up.

But at the moment, I'm again having backup issues. 4 failures since this morning. I thought I had it fixed yesterday. After a few failures it was working again.
    01-01-12 08:28 PM
    Sorry to hear it. Believe me, I feel your pain. Hopefully someone will get to the bottom of this. I've deleted all but the apps I totally don't want to lose and still can't backup. So frustrating!!
    01-01-12 08:35 PM
    Chrysalis1156, are your symptoms identical to the ones described for those who can't back up specifically because of the Recipe Box app? I forget the details, but backup of Settings and/or Media works fine, while backup of Apps never works. It starts the process, hangs at some fixed point (like 8.7MB or something), and gives some error message.

I'm pretty sure there are multiple causes for backup problems, so I'm wondering if the same symptoms are being generated by differences other than simply which "bad" app is installed.

And is your list of apps is small enough now that you could dump it here?
    01-01-12 08:52 PM
    I can backup Media & Settings. Back up of app data doesn't actually start. It says it is, hangs for about 30 seconds or so, and then I get the fail message. Apps I have installed:

Facebook, Poynt, Adobe Reader, Twitter, Kobo, Tofu, Tofu2, NFS Undercover, Slacker, NFB, File Browser, YouTube, Bejeweled2, Tetris, Blackberry News, Machinarium, e-Mmanuel+,and all 3 Angry Birds.

Other than that only Docs to go, AppWorld, Weather & Maps that come with. I'm stumped.
    01-01-12 09:17 PM
    Btw, last backup I did was right before I downloaded the latest official OS update. Never had a problem until today.
    01-01-12 09:27 PM
    well I deleted machinarium and I still fail... I have a feeling the problem is angry birds... and I REALLY REALLY don't wanna lose all my data in HD. Seasons I only got like 10 stages in no biggy... but I'm on world 3 in HD. I may just say screw it and delete the angry birds and see if that allows me to backup... Atleast I'll be able to save my dillo hills and deadspace.
    01-02-12 05:59 AM
    I haven't gotten brave enough yet to delete my Angry Birds. Haven't played much HD but am pretty far in Rio & while it's fun, don't really want to start all over.
    01-02-12 10:10 AM
    I just posted a too long reply in the main pb forum on this topic - they should be consolidated

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...80/index2.html
    01-02-12 02:15 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD