When I upgraded from the Torch to the Z10, BlackBerry said I had to get a new I'D since att.blackberry.net extensions were no longer supported. How do I upgrade my Playbook with out having to wipe it. I have an ancient back up since the usb plug no longer works but I can connect it wireless as a remote drive to my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 07:27 PM
    Welcome to the forums Nancy!

Let's clear some confusion first: att.blackberry.net and BBIDs are NOT the same thing. The login/password you used there was for access to your BIS account.

A BBID is what you use to access BlackBerry World and a few other BlackBerry services.

Now, nothing stops you from using the @att.blackberry.net as you email for the BBID - it's just a bad idea since you may move carriers or cancel BIS.

So, you can still use the same BBID you had on the Torch on the Z10 - provided you change it from the att email to some other email you have (@att.blackberry.net was never meant to be used as a real email - it was a forwarder. Another bad chapter on BB's communication history).

Now about your PlayBook... Sorry to inform you that the only way to change the ID is the one you want to avoid. You can though load a back up on it. If the apps in the backup list on the BBID you're using, then you'll be able to get updates.

What I suggest is going to https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login‎ and working out how to change the email on the BBID you had your apps, and then wiping the PB. This way you'll be able to download all your stuff back from BlackBerry World.

Goodu luck!
    10-13-13 11:10 AM