hi people,
    im Andrea from italy. im a happy playbook's owner.
    unlukely in italy we have not a community like your one.

im looking for a guide for root process. everything for me is very clear since the final step. what i have to do when appear sending ssh? i have to write something in command prompt? some one can write what we have to do? same thing concerning android market installation, i understood that i have to download the google apps, transform them in .bar after that everything is incomprensible for me,some one can explain step by step from point 4 to 8?

thanks very mutch for your help ,
    Andrea
    Batista70Phone - Il blog sugli smartphone con tante recensioni, video, comparazioni ed informazioni sui dispositivi Android, Windows Phone, iPhone quant'altro, a cura di Batista70phone Team
    12-07-11 06:07 AM
    just download dingleberry and run the exe file.... then follow the onscreen prompts...
    12-07-11 06:36 AM
    when dingle say running ssh on playbook appear a prompt:

$

ok here what i have to write?
    cd c:\tmp/setuidgid/root/bin/sh

i dont know how to proceed.

thanks for help
    12-07-11 07:36 AM
    u r not alone.....
    12-07-11 09:37 AM
    when dingle say running ssh on playbook appear a prompt:

$

ok here what i have to write?
    cd c:\tmp/setuidgid/root/bin/sh

i dont know how to proceed.

thanks for help
    I don't know anything about it but pretty sure you can't have / and \ on the the command like you do. Only at the end if you are filtering like in dos , dir c:\dos /more
    12-07-11 09:44 AM
    my terminal pop open and closes and ssh disconnects ugggggh
    12-07-11 10:23 AM
    I have the impression that people can not have dinglerinnnng the playbook ... Are there people who managed to install the market as we have said?!
    12-07-11 10:43 AM
    I have the feeling some people shouldn't even be trying.
    Anguish, mtx69 and wxmancanada like this.
    12-07-11 11:22 AM
    kbz , i had ipad jalibroken , android alwaise done root plus over kernel same thing for touchpad... and now playbook. in every community who has done some progress usually share the info... i don't understand why here have to be a secret... a foeum born for share the info... so have a better idea about some one is asking to have some clarification.
    Andrea
    rurouniphana likes this.
    12-07-11 11:28 AM
    kbz , i had ipad jalibroken , android alwaise done root plus over kernel same thing for touchpad... and now playbook. in every community who has done some progress usually share the info... i don't understand why here have to be a secret... a foeum born for share the info... so have a better idea about some one is asking to have some clarification.
    Andrea
    Sorry this thread reads like people don't know what they are doing. If you have done others is this that much different? Maybe you should ask in one of the other threads that are more active.
    12-07-11 11:41 AM
    If I have a solution I'll share would believe me! I'm in the same situation as you, Android, WebOS iOS, I always successful, but I admit to be well blocked ... (And I admit that the community does not grow Blackberry tried to flee but the success ... I do not speak for everyone of course! Otherwise I would not be here ...
    12-07-11 11:41 AM
    Sorry this thread reads like people don't know what they are doing. If you have done others is this that much different? Maybe you should ask in one of the other threads that are more active.
    seems easyer but the last point is an hole.
    12-07-11 11:45 AM
    your best bet is irc.freenode.net #dingleberry.it
    alot of dev there so if you running into issues you can ask and someone will answer (if it is moving fast you may need to ask a few times but someone should help and try to explain)
    most of the peeps that are working on this are utilizing that channel as thier palce for communication
    rurouniphana likes this.
    12-07-11 11:46 AM
    seems easyer but the last point is an hole.
    I don't understand this but if it is an insult, Thank you. Nothing I have said was intended as an insult to you or anyone else. It is true that some people should NOT attempt to do this.

Good luck.
    12-07-11 11:51 AM
    I don't understand this but if it is an insult, Thank you. Nothing I have said was intended as an insult to you or anyone else. It is true that some people should NOT attempt to do this.

Good luck.
    NO no no is not an insult... im sayng that is like to be in a black hole...and im not able to go out for finish the jalibreak... im not absolutley a person that usually insult some one.
    12-07-11 12:24 PM
    Language barrier then. Sorry again. The last part seemed like you were calling me an a__ hole. I hope you find your help if you haven't all ready.
    12-07-11 12:48 PM
    I don't know anything about it but pretty sure you can't have / and \ on the the command like you do. Only at the end if you are filtering like in dos , dir c:\dos /more
    I think you have identified the problem. PB runs a *nix variant so all path separators should be the forward slash (/). Backslash (\) is only used in Windows. Whatever, they should be consistent within the string.

cd c:/tmp/setuidgid/root/bin/sh
    12-07-11 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD