With the new BlackBerry Tablet OS built upon the QNX® Neutrino® microkernel architecture, how long before it works its way into our handsets?
    Last edited by mcbarrett; 09-28-10 at 03:55 AM.
    09-28-10 03:43 AM
    With the new BlackBerry Tablet OS built upon the QNX® Neutrino® microkernel architecture, how long before it works its way into our handsets?
    The sooner, the better. OS6 is a joke!
    09-28-10 04:38 AM
    This shall enlighten you and let the deep thoughts you had come spilling out and thanks to JRSCCivic98 for brainstorming this idea/concept for a thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/qnx...lation-533558/

Thnx, •Tripster•

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 05:12 AM
    QNX on my 9700 would be neato!

09-28-10 09:44 PM
    would love to see QNX 3.1 on my blackberry 7250
    09-29-10 06:56 PM
    Qnx is light but it sucks, it does nothing - IOS XR is based on QNX - dead and featureless - cisco nexus OS is linux (monta vista based) and has a ton of features and is relatively new

In the long run, not being android/linux = death

Palm sucks, beos is dead, nobody cares about qnx or vxworks - symbian seems like its going nowhere, nokia is irellavent - even iphone os is likely to fall behind

The major phone plays long run will be a compact windows (clr/.net/win64/win32) vs pure java vs android which is java-like as the app platform and linux as the os

So in the end its app platforms - .net/clr vs java or java like

If clr or java isn't running on qnx its a non sequitir

Bbos 6 sucks and qnx will suck

Microsoft should buy bb and integrate bes and make windows and clr the framework for all bb stuff or blackberry should customize android

10-01-10 11:51 AM
    If microsoft takes over RIM, our devices will be littered with DRM and we won't even have the rights to own them.

10-01-10 12:07 PM
    Qnx is light but it sucks, it does nothing - IOS XR is based on QNX - dead and featureless - cisco nexus OS is linux (monta vista based) and has a ton of features and is relatively new

In the long run, not being android/linux = death

Palm sucks, beos is dead, nobody cares about qnx or vxworks - symbian seems like its going nowhere, nokia is irellavent - even iphone os is likely to fall behind

The major phone plays long run will be a compact windows (clr/.net/win64/win32) vs pure java vs android which is java-like as the app platform and linux as the os

So in the end its app platforms - .net/clr vs java or java like

If clr or java isn't running on qnx its a non sequitir

Bbos 6 sucks and qnx will suck

Microsoft should buy bb and integrate bes and make windows and clr the framework for all bb stuff or blackberry should customize android

"resistance is futile"

Thnx, •Tripster•

10-01-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD