I'm getting a new Playbook in today or tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it will come with the new O.S. Is there anything I can do if does....Other than wait on the new dingleberry? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    03-01-12 09:50 AM
    It will come with OS2 - as part of the setup process the playbook downloads the latest software.
    mud314 likes this.
    03-01-12 10:36 AM
    You will definitely enjoy it. It's an awesome lil device. The new OS is awesome. Some people are having a few glitches, if you find yourself having problems, perform a security wipe and things should normalize after that, think windows XP, where every install was a frigging mess, but still no where near as bad as that crappy OS.

It comes w/some pretty cool apps already pre-loaded. Make sure you get the HDMI cable for it too, playing video games (if you are a gamer) on the big screen is pretty neat and also for movies. Be sure you also download the two free apps courtesy of RIM.
    03-01-12 12:07 PM
    Thanks guys. So if I understand it, the Playbook will upgrade to the latest version of OS 2 (of course with my confirmations) when I hook up to the computer. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I will not be able to do anything about changing to android or dual booting until there's a new root and I might as well let the Playbook do any upgrades it needs? Especially since it's already got their OS 2 installed.
    03-01-12 12:22 PM
    Thanks guys. So if I understand it, the Playbook will upgrade to the latest version of OS 2 (of course with my confirmations) when I hook up to the computer. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I will not be able to do anything about changing to android or dual booting until there's a new root and I might as well let the Playbook do any upgrades it needs? Especially since it's already got their OS 2 installed.
    You won't be able to change to android or dual boot either way, so don't worry about that. If someone eventually finds a way to load android on this thing (which is so unlikely that it's hardly worth discussing) then you can assume it will be created for OS 2.0 users as well. But again, that's unlikely to ever happen either way. Also mine updated after connecting to wifi... you don't have to connect to the computer for it to upgrade.

If you want QNX, buy a playbook. If you want Android, buy a Nook Tablet/Kindle Fire/wait for the ASUS MEMO370T. Anyone buying the playbook to run Android is delusional... this is no Touchpad, the circumstances are different.
    Last edited by c4v3man; 03-01-12 at 01:43 PM.
    03-01-12 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD