Hey all, I'm am the lead developer of Domisy Dev, the team that brought you Reddit in Motion for the blackberry playbook.

While I was looking through the download reports yesterday, i noticed something interesting. This may have been already posted here by another developer, though I'll post it again.
    One of the things that the report lets you see is what version number the user who downloaded the app was using, as well as the carrier they are on.

I saw a bunch of users running 2.0.1, which I thought interesting since it obviously hasnt been released yet, but is on its way. This only goes to show that it must be coming quite soon.
    Second thing I saw was a bunch of people on a carrier, such as Rogers and Telus, which is another indication that the 4g playbook is well on its way and in use.

I've seen the recent posts on both the new OS and 4g playbook; dont worry Im a cb addict, so I'm well aware that it exists etc. Just thought I'd share my findings
    Screen shots of the reports are below.
    04-06-12 11:54 AM
    With the update of Blackberry Bridge and all the 4G Playbook leaks, I am expecting an update fairly soon
    04-06-12 11:57 AM
    Quite a bit from the US on Verizon...Good things coming down the pipe.
    04-06-12 11:58 AM
    Already being discussed in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pworld-714515/
    04-06-12 12:11 PM
    I love Reddit !! Thanks for bringing it to the playbook.
    04-06-12 12:43 PM
    LOL, I confirm there will be an OS2 upgrade (sometime)
    Having a PB from day #1: I can also say, RIM has their own schedule for OS upgrades that are hard to predict.
    04-06-12 08:24 PM
    I'm guessing both 4G PlayBook and OS 2.1 will be released at BB World!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    danimalchil likes this.
    04-06-12 08:28 PM
    Silly for RIM to have waited this long, considering the bugs that need (probably simple) fixes.
    auditman likes this.
    04-06-12 08:43 PM
    Silly for RIM to have waited this long, considering the bugs that need (probably simple) fixes.
    This isn't just supposed to be Bug Fixes, this is supposed to be a major update...

04-06-12 08:47 PM
    Remember the LONG LONG LONG days we had to wait for OS2.0? now people are whining about 2.0.1? At least we are not getting "60 days after OS2.0 launch" from RIM nowadays....ship it when it's ready. I don't mind the wait
    04-06-12 10:33 PM
    I'm guessing both 4G PlayBook and OS 2.1 will be released at BB World!
    Those are my thoughts too. We're too close to BBW to get something now. Might as well hold it off and make a bigger impact then. I'm thinking radio support, browser stability/bug fixes, AIR/Flash updates, and possibly new features.
    04-06-12 10:56 PM
    On the last shot. Below "carriers" it shows RIM, Verizon Wireless, Rogers and Telus.

I just ask: RIM might be for PlayBooks connected to any wifi? Verizon for PBs connected to their exclusive WiFi, as they were selling WiFi PlayBooks? Same with Rogers and Telus?
    04-06-12 11:04 PM
    May 1 2011 - OS 1.0.3 - Video Chat & Facebook

May 1 2012 - OS 2.0.1 - Skype & Netflix (fail)
    04-07-12 01:27 AM
    On the last shot. Below "carriers" it shows RIM, Verizon Wireless, Rogers and Telus.

I just ask: RIM might be for PlayBooks connected to any wifi? Verizon for PBs connected to their exclusive WiFi, as they were selling WiFi PlayBooks? Same with Rogers and Telus?
    Canadian carriers dont have those wifi devices. When i use a hotspot on my phone it just reads as a wifi connection...

since i am using Bell and that happens I am guessing the same would happen with rogers and telus... which means that those devices must be 4G

or rogers/telus are using the PB to test a wifi hotspot device...lol
    04-07-12 01:41 AM
    Those are my thoughts too. We're too close to BBW to get something now. Might as well hold it off and make a bigger impact then. I'm thinking radio support, browser stability/bug fixes, AIR/Flash updates, and possibly new features.
    We also have to remember: Last year at BB World they released 1.0.3, and May 1st is a Tuesday!

04-07-12 07:27 AM
    This isn't just supposed to be Bug Fixes, this is supposed to be a major update...

It's just bug fixes and refining.
    04-07-12 07:33 AM
    It's just bug fixes and refining.
    I heard that it has an updated video and music player, bug fixes, and more...

04-07-12 08:28 AM
    I heard that it has an updated video and music player, bug fixes, and more...

Don't get your hopes up.

Any big additions will come through App World, not in OS updates.
    04-07-12 08:32 AM
    Don't get your hopes up.

Any big additions will come through App World, not in OS updates.
    Actually the video and music player r0v3rT3N noted are delivered with the OS, not AppWorld. If you notice, they are among several apps that cannot be deleted from the system like those installed from AppWorld (touch and hold an icon until the icons 'throb', and you can see the ones with and without trash cans).

All the apps that are delivered with the OS that I can see are below, and my guess is that any updates to these would have to come in some kind of OS update:
    Adobe Reader
    AppWorld
    Bing Maps
    Browser
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Camera
    Clock
    Contacts
    Docs To Go
    File Manager
    Pictures
    Podcasts
    Print To Go
    Videos
    Video Chat
    Video Store
    Voice Notes
    Weather
    YouTube
    04-07-12 10:29 AM
    Thank you for clarifying me sleepngbear.

04-07-12 10:34 AM
    Actually the video and music player r0v3rT3N noted are delivered with the OS, not AppWorld. If you notice, they are among several apps that cannot be deleted from the system like those installed from AppWorld (touch and hold an icon until the icons 'throb', and you can see the ones with and without trash cans).

All the apps that are delivered with the OS that I can see are below, and my guess is that any updates to these would have to come in some kind of OS update:
    Adobe Reader
    AppWorld
    Bing Maps
    Browser
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Camera
    Clock
    Contacts
    Docs To Go
    File Manager
    Pictures
    Podcasts
    Print To Go
    Videos
    Video Chat
    Video Store
    Voice Notes
    Weather
    YouTube
    I get that. The point is that you should not expect these improvements in the next ipdate.
    04-07-12 10:51 AM
    I get that. The point is that you should not expect these improvements in the next ipdate.
    Eh, we can hope, can't we?
    04-07-12 11:41 AM
    What can we do other than hope, I don't work at RIM. So that is all I can do...

04-07-12 01:47 PM
    Since I've been playing the "waiting" game for PlayBook updates since May, I guess I'm kinda use to it, but my experience shows updates approx every 45 days. I do believe there will be a "bug fix" update this Tuesday (4/10) which will be a minor update (2.0.1.??) and a major update in May (2.1.??) ....just my 2 cents
    Last edited by spencerdl; 04-07-12 at 02:02 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-07-12 02:00 PM
    Since I've been playing the "waiting" game for PlayBook updates since May, I guess I'm kinda use to it, but my experience shows updates approx every 45 days. I do believe there will be a "bug fix" update this Tuesday (4/10) which will be a minor update (2.0.1.??) and a major update in May (2.1.??) ....just my 2 cents
    I agree on your time frame of 45 days for the minor update....

but with that said, wouldn't a major update be 45 days from the minor one, which would put that in a June time frame?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-07-12 02:26 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD