PlayBook OS 2.0 Upgrade "Free" for Business Users?

"And, upgrade to Blackberry Playbook OS2 in early 2012 at no cost
    SAVE NOW, UPGRADE LATER
    There is no need to put off your purchase. Buy now to take advantage of this fantastic offer and then upgrade later for free"

According to the RIM business promo, the OS2 upgrade will come FREE!
    Clever advertising!

I guess we have all been 'thinking' that our existing PB's will also have 'free' upgrades.

On the other hand ... RIM SAYS ... what we have been looking for WILL be in OS2:

"ADVANCED INTEGRATED EMAIL, CALENDAR AND CONTACT APPS
    SUPPORT FOR APPS BUILT FOR ANDROID
    ENHANCED WEB BROWSING CAPABILITIES
    CENTRALIZED AND POWERFUL DEVICE MANAGEMENT FEATURES"
    Last edited by mandony; 11-19-11 at 08:59 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-19-11 04:21 PM
    So... it's not free for everyone else?
    11-20-11 02:09 AM
    Nah its free for everyone. Just RIM marketting saying dont wait to buy a PlayBook if you worry about not getting OS2. probably in response to all the dumb Staples employees telling people otherwise.

Mind you thats what you get when you pay minimum wage for technical positions.
    bloodyrek and Pearl9100 like this.
    11-20-11 02:31 AM
    Nah its free for everyone. Just RIM marketting saying dont wait to buy a PlayBook if you worry about not getting OS2. probably in response to all the dumb Staples employees telling people otherwise.

You sir is probably a winner in life and will remain a winner! *Thumbs up*
    11-21-11 08:09 PM

I laughed at that too.

And I laughed at the free os update also.
    11-22-11 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD