To my great desappointement this release of OS2 did not include improvement to the native file browser in the Playbook.

I know there are other apps which are better but native file browser is still used in several apps: if you want to send a picture in FB or a attach a picture in Blaq. If you have several folders with several pictures, you have to scroll endlessly until you find the right file. Without folder support it simply just does not work.

I asked Michael Clewley if something was in the making and it seems so from his tweet:

@pgerhard yes we got that covered. This is a stop gap for now

So that's a really good new

p
    glennster28 likes this.
    02-25-12 10:01 AM
    Yes... it seems very basic. At least sorting by the "latest updated" would help. Whenever I try to upload a photo to facebook, i know I have to scroll to the very bottom as that is usually where the newest camera photos are. I'm glad I don't have a whole lot of photos in there right now.
    03-26-12 09:56 AM
    There was a native file browser before 2.0?
    03-26-12 10:06 AM
    Nope.

But there was one in QNX as early as the nineties...
    03-26-12 10:19 AM
    There was a native file browser before 2.0?
    Nope.

But there was one in QNX as early as the nineties...
    Yes there is. It's called "File Manager" but all it is is the same layout if you open doc to go, videos, music apps except they are all in one place instead of opening each app individually. go pay for a file manager or download a free one if you want something more robust.
    03-26-12 10:24 AM
    Yes there is. It's called "File Manager" but all it is is the same layout if you open doc to go, videos, music apps except they are all in one place instead of opening each app individually. go pay for a file manager or download a free one if you want something more robust.
    I don't remember any before 2.0 but whatever. Bought several and now settled on files and folders.
    03-26-12 10:27 AM
    I don't remember any before 2.0 but whatever. Bought several and now settled on files and folders.
    There wasn't one before 2.0. In 1.xxxx every app handled the files they opened individually.
    03-26-12 10:50 AM
    There wasn't one before 2.0. In 1.xxxx every app handled the files they opened individually.
    Is what I thought and why I questioned the OP about improvement from 1. to 2.
    03-26-12 10:55 AM
    Is what I thought and why I questioned the OP about improvement from 1. to 2.
    Well like I said before if you look at each app like docs to go has a file manager build in then OS 1 did have one. Still don't think there is any improvement I kind of just hide the new file manager in a folder and forgot about.
    03-26-12 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD