Does anyone thing that there will be a release candidate released? We have yet to see a feature complete build demonstration. It is ok if there are some bugs on a beta build. I would love to see a demo of android app player, PIM apps and all the UI changes in 15 minute long video. My hope for Android apps is that they have exactly the same UI with the exception of the back key.
    01-31-12 04:32 PM
    NO!

This has been asked numerous times. The OS 2 that's available now is a developer beta. It says this all over the page where you go to download it. This beta OS is ONLY to help the app developers make sure their app works on OS 2. It's not intended for any other purpose...
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-31-12 04:44 PM
    You seem to have answered a completely different question to the one that was asked.
    01-31-12 06:20 PM
    I think ridesno159's "NO!" is a pretty clear answer to the original question.

In case it wasn't clear: no!!!!!

There will be no additional betas of 2.0.
    01-31-12 06:28 PM
    I think ridesno159's "NO!" is a pretty clear answer to the original question.

In case it wasn't clear: no!!!!!

There will be no additional betas of 2.0.
    Actually, that post and yours are just rude, obnoxious, and pretty damn ignorant. They also DO NOT ADDRESS THE PERSON'S QUESTION!!!!!!!!! See others an use caps and exclamation points too. The person simply asked whether there might be a release candidate. They did not ask a thing about the developer's beta. You could just say that you do not think there will be a release candidate since, unless you work for RIM, that is probably the most anyone can say. That, however, would require you to be polite and respectful. You could also explain why you think there will be no release candidate so the person understands why it is not likely. Again though, that would require you to be polite and respectful. Sadly I guess neither are very likely....
    Skier1960 likes this.
    01-31-12 09:25 PM
    Release candidate, beta, no difference to the basic question. It won't happen. You'll next see 2.0 when you get the final OTA release. Really, can we move on?
    Barljo likes this.
    01-31-12 10:44 PM
    release candidate with 2-3 weeks before general release? not likely.

rc cycles go on for a few months with several releases in the cycle. think microsoft and windows builds after beta and before rtm. there are usually 3 or 4 candidates.

there simply isn't enough time before the release window, and there isn't much to gain from it.

so, NO.
    02-01-12 03:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD