The Blackberry Tablet may have the wifi turned on during airplane mode.

Try turning on airplane mode and then the wifi (with airplane mode active) works normally.

Ex: if you turn on airplane mode when I'm on a plane then commit my Tablet for my son and it turns the wifi because you want to play something on the internet, can cause damage to the connections of the plane and a serious accident.
    10-31-13 12:52 PM
    I didn't think that can happen anymore?
    10-31-13 12:55 PM
    It's not a fatal error as I can turn on WiFi on most devices when it's in Airplane mode.

Delta is allowing wireless devices to be used under 10,000 Ft, FAA recently ruled that electronic devices do not interfere with normal plane operations (at any stage) You know when you are flying, and a flight attendant says you can turn back on all wireless devices? No one even turns them off.

EDIT: OP? Please edit your post to reflect the reality of air travel and electronic devices.

Press release from FAA - http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releas...5254&cid=TW189

Screenshot -
    10-31-13 12:59 PM
    Not on my Playbook. Turning on airplane mode shuts down all radios, including wifi.
    10-31-13 01:00 PM
    Okay ,But I do think you should show something like airplane mode is on

-Oniberry
    10-31-13 01:03 PM
    Try turn on wifi on airplane mode

-pacoman03
    10-31-13 01:04 PM
    It's not a fatal error as I can turn on WiFi on most devices when it's in Airplane mode.

Delta is allowing wireless devices to be used under 10,000 Ft, FAA recently ruled that electronic devices do not interfere with normal plane operations (at any stage) You know when you are flying, and a flight attendant says you can turn back on all wireless devices? No one even turns them off.

EDIT: OP? Please edit your post to reflect the reality of air travel and electronic devices.

Press release from FAA - Press Release – FAA to Allow Airlines to Expand Use of Personal Electronics
    The reason they don't want people using their electronic devices before and during takeoff and landing is because that is when the safety demonstration is done and that's when things are most likely going to go south so they need people's undivided attention to be able to give directions if something does happen...
    10-31-13 01:07 PM
    Okay ,But I do think you should show something like airplane mode is on

-Oniberry
    I did. Airplane mode on, WiFi on and connected. Works on most of my Android devices as well. (Post #3)
    10-31-13 01:08 PM
    The reason they don't want people using their electronic devices before and during takeoff and landing is because that is when the safety demonstration is done and that's when things are most likely going to go south so they need people's undivided attention to be able to give directions if something does happen...
    Yes cuz knowing your seat cushion can be used as a floation device will come in handy.
    10-31-13 01:38 PM
    I see the same issue, although not sure it's "fatal" (I'd be dead many times over if I relied on everyone else on the plane to conform to those instructions.)

If I do that on the PlayBook, Airplane mode still shows as On. On the Z10, by comparison, I can't even turn on wifi without shutting off Airplane Mode first.

At the very least, the PlayBook should show that Airplane mode is Off once wifi is On again -- no? It's inconsistent with how Airplane mode is described, and how it behaves in the other direction -- if I turn On Airplane mode while wifi is On, wifi will switch Off.
    10-31-13 01:50 PM
    works on Q10 as well... the order is important... If you turn on Airplane mode, you turn all sort of connections off... after that, you can activate them one by one, the device stays on Airplane mode. As soon as you turn on mobile communications, Airplane mode turns off... I have no problem with that.

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-31-13 02:06 PM
    This is not an error, it is absolutely designed that way. Otherwise, no one would ever be able to use the wifi offered by the airline.

There have been studies showing only about 1 in 4 actually turn off there device anyway.
    10-31-13 02:22 PM
    rumors of interference by personal devices are exaggerated,,, there've been threads on this in the past...
    10-31-13 02:37 PM

Press release from FAA - Press Release – FAA to Allow Airlines to Expand Use of Personal Electronics

Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/GxBZkhEl.png
    Nice wallpaper, can you share it? Post it
    10-31-13 02:42 PM
    Yes cuz knowing your seat cushion can be used as a floation device will come in handy.
    I think I'll take my chances with the water... most people don't end up getting up on the plane.. don't even want to _think_ about what might be hiding in those cushions...
    10-31-13 02:47 PM
    BBOS, iOS, QNX all can do this
    I'm fairly certain android also
    Nothing fatal
    10-31-13 03:01 PM