I’m trying to pull some picture and video files, as well as some old mp3 files from my playbook. Nothing happens when I plug it into my M1 MacBook Air, as expected.

I dug out an old Dell PC that I haven’t used in years, and when I connect the playbook, the PC makes that little jingle recognizing that it has indeed been connected, yet I don’t see the device anywhere under This PC. The playbook is also displaying that “connected to computer” screen, thus confirming that it is in fact behind recognized. I was hoping this would be an easy drag and drop process onto my PC desktop, but apparently not. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    04-02-23 12:44 PM
    You can remote connect to playbook through wifi but have to turn on wifi share on the playbook first. SMB1 will probably also need to be enabled on the Windows PC. I don't know how Macs deal with SMB1.
    04-02-23 12:51 PM
    I’m trying to pull some picture and video files, as well as some old mp3 files from my playbook. Nothing happens when I plug it into my M1 MacBook Air, as expected.

I dug out an old Dell PC that I haven’t used in years, and when I connect the playbook, the PC makes that little jingle recognizing that it has indeed been connected, yet I don’t see the device anywhere under This PC. The playbook is also displaying that “connected to computer” screen, thus confirming that it is in fact behind recognized. I was hoping this would be an easy drag and drop process onto my PC desktop, but apparently not. Any ideas?

Thanks

Google "enable SMB1" and do that then reboot with the PlayBook plugged into the pc.
    04-02-23 02:03 PM
    Drivers?

Not sure with the PlayBook, but most BlackBerry's needed drivers installed on the PC. But for sure I'd be using the old Dell and not the MAC.

Last I checked BlackBerry still had the install files for Desktop software, which includes the device drivers.
    04-03-23 01:50 PM
    Google "enable SMB1" and do that then reboot with the PlayBook plugged into the pc.
    Did this, but no luck. Playbook is still not showing up on the PC. Any other suggestions?

bijberry-07128 likes this.
    04-03-23 09:26 PM
    Drivers?

Not sure with the PlayBook, but most BlackBerry's needed drivers installed on the PC. But for sure I'd be using the old Dell and not the MAC.

Last I checked BlackBerry still had the install files for Desktop software, which includes the device drivers.
    Where can I download these drivers, if at all anymore?

04-03-23 09:27 PM
    Did this, but no luck. Playbook is still not showing up on the PC. Any other suggestions?

Extracting Files from Playbook in 2023-img_2722.jpg

Changed the USB connection settings from connect to windows to automatic and the playbook recognized it needed to install drivers.

04-03-23 09:35 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2722.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	453893

Changed the USB connection settings from connect to windows to automatic and the playbook recognized it needed to install drivers.

Just search for BlackBerry LINK...
    04-04-23 07:24 AM
    PlayBook drivers can be installed from Windows Update?
    02-26-24 06:19 AM
    PlayBook drivers can be installed from Windows Update?
    No you'll need to install them from the BlackBerry LINK installation file... you can select just the drivers.
    02-26-24 10:15 AM