I haven't seen this particular problem brought up, but please direct me to another thread if there is one.

I was able to add my all of my email accounts earlier today from the office & everything worked perfect all day.

However, I am now home & I am finding that my Exchange account is not syncing with my PlayBook when I am connected to my home wifi

It DOES work when I turn wifi off and connect to my phone via bridge.

Firewall issue?
    russ30 likes this.
    02-21-12 10:06 PM
    Same problem here.

I work from home, set up everything over wifi only this morning, worked fine all day.

Now native email won't sync with exchange. Hotmail, Gmail, linkedin and exchange Contacts and calendar seem to be working ok, but no exchange email in the new app.

Tried over both wifi only and bridged, restarted a few times and no change

Does work bridged on bluetooth on the older bridge email app, but the native one just stopped syncing. Help!
    02-21-12 10:58 PM
    Hello,

Just to add that i have the exact same issue. First sync worked but now i don't sync anymore... GZ RIM to implement something without testing...
    02-22-12 06:59 AM
    Removed the exchange account, restarted and set up the account again this morning.

Fixed the problem for a few hours, and had the new email app running over bluetooth with my 9800 most of the day while I was out seeing clients. Worked fine.

Now, get out of the car at the end of the day, and all my exchange emails are gone and won't resync?

What's going on with this?
    02-22-12 03:47 PM
    Did you setup exchange using your OWA (outlook web address) address?

If you set it up while on the internal network at your office, you may have used the wrong url or name of the exchange server.

Is your 9800 connected via bes? Its likely that you network traffic is flowing from your phone to your BES to your exchange or out to the internet.
    02-22-12 04:50 PM
    My torch is on a bes server, but my wifi network is at home, as I work remotely.

So I set up the email on wifi at home using the owa address.

Seems to work seamlessly over the BT connection when I leave my office, but somehow disconnects at some point during the day and then stops syncing.

Tried this am to setup with owa over BT connection only, but wouldn't work.

Is the issue switching back and forth from wifi to BT?
    02-22-12 09:21 PM
    It is starting to sound like an Exchange issue not a Playbook issue.

Does your server name for the Exchange account work as the OWA server name when you aren't at work? Try go to the owa server name in the browser when you are on BT and then Wifi. Does OWA login page get displayed both times? If not, your work has a internal owa server name and and external server name. Ask them for the server name that will work inside and outside of your work's network.

Also, confirm that your Exchange Admin isn't deleting your Playbook from the ActiveSync device list for your mailbox? All of the message being gone makes sense if they remove your Playbook. Once it re-authenicates on Wifi, the association with the account has be removed so you see no messages.

In general, contact your Exchange Admin for the correct settings.
    02-22-12 10:29 PM
    Om my case I have also an iPhone which sync to my Exchange without any problems. Anyway, what I did is a security wipe of my PB and now, the activesync seems to works without problem...

btw I also had problems with wifi and also random crashes of the browser and this security wipe apparently fixed them too.
    02-23-12 07:56 AM
    Have a similar problem here - connected to SBS Exchange 2003. Synching fine then mail will suddenly disappear from my mailbox. I have traced this event to happening when I reconnect to a network (or through bridge) after being offline. So offline the mail stays there and the moment it REconnects the network it disappears and won't resynch unless I delete and reinstall the account. I've re-set up, hard reset and done a full security wipe and still have the same problem. The really bizzare thing is I have two people with identical PlayBooks connected to the same SBS which are working without a hitch! At the moment I'm thinking this is a server-side issue and have someone looking at it - will of course report back if I find anything.

Update: Think we have eliminated server side issues - there is nothing there. I Did a second security wipe and the issue persists. Have a ticket raised with RIM & will post back if anything.

Annoying bacause I do really like the 2.0 email client, but to me it's completely useless if it's not reliable.
    Last edited by drrenouf; 02-27-12 at 02:49 AM.
    02-23-12 09:57 AM
    I too have an Exchange problem: I am able to configure the account fine, and have full access to my calendar and contacts. I can even write and send emails. I CANNOT receive any emails on my Playbook - tried all combinations of account settings, but can get no emails at all on the playbook. I can even get to the same email account using the browser for OWA access. Any ideas anyone?
    02-23-12 10:58 AM
    Kind of same problem here, but any of my Exchange emails (Work)are being sown via Bridge!!! I did install BBBridge 2.0, then PB OS2.0. I get the "Bridge folder" butnot any email from my exchage server. Torch 9800 running with BIS service. BTW the BB phone received all emails! I wasn�t able to config exchange on native mail tool yet!
    02-23-12 12:37 PM
    Similar problems with exchange and activesync. Sometimes I get all my messages. Other times I only get new messages. I had to revert to using the bridge again as this was too unreliable.

No problems with calendar.
    02-23-12 03:21 PM
    Did you setup exchange using your OWA (outlook web address) address?

If you set it up while on the internal network at your office, you may have used the wrong url or name of the exchange server.

Is your 9800 connected via bes? Its likely that you network traffic is flowing from your phone to your BES to your exchange or out to the internet.
    I am experiencing the same issue where my native email client won't get mail outside of the work wifi network.

On my home wifi I tried using the server domain name and the web access domain name and neither works. Also tried shutting down wifi and using bridge - no go.

I can use bridge so I'm not screwed but I was having fun with the native email.
    02-23-12 03:28 PM
    So I dropped any mail sub domains and just put in the url of my works main site. For whatever reason that worked on home wifi.

It has been real glitchy though with the inbox mail so I'll probably just keep bridging for now.
    02-23-12 04:15 PM
    OK, so after a lot of trial and error, here is where I'm at;

Synchronization is fine over either bluetooth to 9800 or wifi to any network.

After any the connection is lost (turn of PB, phone & PB get out of BT range, whatever) the native email client will indeed reconnect automatically to whatever connection is available, and emails will start arriving again, but only from that point forward. it will not resync emails from prior to the connection being reestablished.

Strange thing though, all calendar appointments sync no problem. Wondering if they get saved locally on the PB?

At least the Bridge connection is available as a backup in the meantime
    02-23-12 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD