Really surprised that there is no work around or solution. Surely not everyone who has setup email using exchange is having this problem. What is different for those whos email is working correctly?

I'm having the same problem at the moment as well, which is frustrating, but I was hoping a fix will be put in place shortly.

Anyone had any luck?
    05-09-12 08:06 AM
    metroside the only way I was able to solve the problem was to downgrade to the previous OS. I did a core OS downgrade not full and the email is now working correctly again. Not the greatest solution but unfortunately I couldn't continue doing presentations and having my password screen keep popping up every 5 minutes. There is a link to the downgrade thread somewhere in this thread. It was quite easy to do and have had no problems.
    metroside likes this.
    05-09-12 08:25 AM
    Ok no worries. Thanks @chiniki.
    05-09-12 08:38 AM
    Not entirely sure if this is the same thing you all are experiencing but here is what happened to me today.

email on my PB(gmail) stopped updating and continuously prompted me for a password which I continuously entered to no result.

About half an hour ago google mail sent me a message on my BB to tell me that I had questionable access attempts from an IP in south Kazahkstan(sp?)

I went to the gmail site, updated my password and all is well in the world again.
    05-09-12 02:31 PM
    Anybody willing to be the guinea pig and see if this issue has been fixed with update to 2.0.1.668?
    08-02-12 09:53 AM
    I am waiting for news on this as well. I had caught the issue in time and never updated back in April.

Exchange not working is a pretty big deal so I would expect this to be fixed now but i won't jump the gun.
    08-03-12 04:02 PM
    Well, I decided to give it a go. I am now having the same problems as with the previous upgrade. I wonder if we have exchange servers that are not set up in the typical manner?

My server doesn't allow pop smtp or imap. Maybe most exchange users are fine.
    08-03-12 06:55 PM
    I started getting this problem today. I have tried the following:

1. Re-entered the correct password.
    2. Reset my gmail password and re-entered the new password.
    3. Deleted the account, rebooted, and re-created the account.
    4. Created a 2-step authentication in Google. Used new password on the Playbook.

In all cases, it will only work for 1 minute. It will fetch a few emails. Then it will start asking for the password again and again until I click cancel to disable the checking.

Has anybody have a solution yet besides a factory reset?
    08-16-12 11:44 PM
    I wiped it. Its no longer asking for passwords but its not syncing anymore. Help?
    08-17-12 02:48 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD