Since upgrading to the new OS today my exchange email account keeps asking for my password about every 15 minutes. This was not happening before the upgrade. I have deleted the account and setup again twice and it still doesn't fix it. Has anyone else had this issue?
    04-17-12 07:31 PM
    Yes, exactly the same here. I also deleted and re-setup the account to no avail. Very frustrating.
    04-19-12 08:32 AM
    In another thread someone mentioned that exchange is having server problems. Maybe related.
    04-19-12 08:48 AM
    has to be something with the upgrade as I had never had a problem before. Has anyone found a solution?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    04-19-12 07:18 PM
    This problem is an Authentication Setting on the Exchange Server. Turn off Anonymous and turn in Windows Integrated and Basic.
    04-20-12 05:53 AM
    This problem is an Authentication Setting on the Exchange Server. Turn off Anonymous and turn in Windows Integrated and Basic.
    So is this a change that my IT department has made on the exchange server? Or did something change in the PlayBook update that requires this. The only reason I ask is because my email was working fine until the recent OS update.

Thank you for your help,
    04-20-12 06:53 AM
    So is this a change that my IT department has made on the exchange server? Or did something change in the PlayBook update that requires this. The only reason I ask is because my email was working fine until the recent OS update.

Thank you for your help,
    Since there are many people that have the exact same issue after applying the update I find it hard to believe that the Exchange servers are to blame. Besides, I'm not having this issue on my smartphone, just on my PlayBook. I hope there will be a fix soon cause it's really getting on my nerves.

I've just send an email about this to blackberry support. Hopefully there'll be an answer soon.

MicaH
    Last edited by Mzouwen; 04-21-12 at 06:55 AM.
    sagec likes this.
    04-21-12 06:23 AM
    Since there are many people that have the exact same issue after applying the update I find it hard to believe that the Exchange servers are to blame. Besides, I'm not having this issue on my smartphone, just on my PlayBook. I hope there will be a fix soon cause it's really getting on my nerves.

I've just send an email about this to blackberry support. Hopefully there'll be an answer soon.

MicaH
    Please report back if they reply.

Thanks
    04-21-12 07:38 AM
    I too have started experiencing this issue since an OS update yesterday. Very frustrating - I simply enter my password (the same, no change) and it's OK for about 15 minutes then comes back. Any solutions?
    04-21-12 10:39 AM
    Hey everyone,

I got the following reply from BlackBerry Support:

Regarding the issue you mentioned in the e-mail, it is a known issue that is being investigated by our development team.

The workaround available for the time being is as follows:

If the Enter Account Password prompt is displayed please follow these steps:

1. Ensure the check box beside Also set SMTP password is checked
    2. Enter the password and select Save

To manually enter the account password please follow these steps:

1. On the Home Screen, swipe down from the top bezel
    2. Click on Accounts
    3. Locate the account and select it

If the password has not changed:

1. Select Save to update the email account

If the password has changed:

1. Enter the account password in the Password field
    2. Also enter the account password in the SMTP Password field
    3. Select Save

Should you require further information on this subject, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again
    for contacting us.
    I then replied the following:

Regarding your workaround as stated below:

• I don't have a checkbox Also set SMTP password.
    • I also don't have a SMTP Password field in the Exchange mail account settings

Please alert me if you have a permanent fix available.
    04-22-12 10:20 AM
    Sounds like they've assumed this is a POP/SMTP rather than Exchange connection!
    04-22-12 10:39 AM
    By chance are you going in and out of WiFi access? I've found that when email can't connect to my accounts (Yahoo! does the same thing) that it stops trying and then pops this message. When I go in and save/connect again (with the info it already has saved) it works again. Seems like something done to keep the PB from trying over and over.
    04-25-12 11:10 PM
    Not the case for me, I'm afraid - the issue occurs if I stay in the same room with the safe wifi connection. It's not an issue with ActiveSync (I have other ActiveSync devices working fine), but it seems to be that after 15 minutes, regardless of anything - or nothing - happening, I have to re-enter the email password. Very frustrating, and at the moment I've simply removed my Exchange email and calendar account from the device, which renders it pretty useless!
    04-26-12 01:42 AM
    Same issue with my gmail.
    04-26-12 03:16 AM
    Not the case for me, I'm afraid - the issue occurs if I stay in the same room with the safe wifi connection. It's not an issue with ActiveSync (I have other ActiveSync devices working fine), but it seems to be that after 15 minutes, regardless of anything - or nothing - happening, I have to re-enter the email password. Very frustrating, and at the moment I've simply removed my Exchange email and calendar account from the device, which renders it pretty useless!
    Exact same scenario with me, and only since the latest update was applied 2 days ago.
    04-26-12 08:26 AM
    I got tired of this nonsense and downgraded back to OS2.0 now the email and my wifi issues are solved.
    04-26-12 09:24 PM
    Hi everyone,

I've generated and uploaded logfiles to Blackberry support for analysis yesterday. Hang in there, help is coming!

MicaH
    04-27-12 02:41 AM
    I hoped even so. Keep us posted.
    04-27-12 10:35 PM
    Here is what i did to solve the issue. go to account setting. click on the email account that is giving problem. click save. problem solve for me...
    04-27-12 10:59 PM
    Here is what i did to solve the issue. go to account setting. click on the email account that is giving problem. click save. problem solve for me...
    I've tried that a couple of times, but the issue always comes back.
    04-28-12 05:24 AM
    Any news on this. How do you go about rolling back an update as this has rendered my playbook useless for checking mail if I have to input a password every 15minutes.
    05-03-12 06:53 AM
    I have the same issue except at times it will pop up 3 or 4 times continuously. Very frustrating.
    05-03-12 07:07 AM
    Any news on this. How do you go about rolling back an update as this has rendered my playbook useless for checking mail if I have to input a password every 15minutes.
    There is a great thread in the forums on how to go back to the previous version of the OS. You have to download a few things on your pc, but it is very straightforward. After performing this, I have had zero email issues. I did the full downgrade, not just core files. Perhaps there is a way to only downgrade the email?
    jm0221 likes this.
    05-03-12 10:59 AM
    There is a great thread in the forums on how to go back to the previous version of the OS. You have to download a few things on your pc, but it is very straightforward. After performing this, I have had zero email issues. I did the full downgrade, not just core files. Perhaps there is a way to only downgrade the email?
    Yeh thanks, noticed that the other day and just did it without a hitch. I'll wait to the next update and hopefully it fixed.
    05-04-12 07:26 AM
    Finally downgraded to 2.0 password issues went away. Waited as long as I could but with no other solution it was my only option.
    05-04-12 07:37 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD