Yep, I've done that ages ago but the browser would install, just not work well. You may have some luck with an older duckduckgo apk browser. I think I still have that one on my PlayBook.
    Hi brookie229.
    Thank you for the information. What you said is what has exactly happened. The 2.3 Mozilla Firefox doesn't not open displaying that it has stopped. I just want a browser so that I can browse properly. BlackBerry has blocked accounts for some reason and whenever I go to the browser to open my Gmail, the dialogue box for the email and password do not get selected. I just want another browser which can work smoothly. The apps on the Blackberry world don't fulfill my needs.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-19 11:54 PM
    Hi brookie229.
    Thank you for the information. What you said is what has exactly happened. The 2.3 Mozilla Firefox doesn't not open displaying that it has stopped. I just want a browser so that I can browse properly. BlackBerry has blocked accounts for some reason and whenever I go to the browser to open my Gmail, the dialogue box for the email and password do not get selected. I just want another browser which can work smoothly. The apps on the Blackberry world don't fulfill my needs.

Posted via CB10
    You can try the Origami browser from BlackBerry World.
    10-01-19 11:55 PM
    No, you can't install any other OS.

It's an 8 year old tablet - long since abandoned. If you want Android, get a new one for $100.

There is a version of Kindle that still works on the PlayBook. It can also stream and play music from a DLNA source.
    Hi conite.
    Thank you for telling that. Not that I wanted to do that but I had read that you can so I guess that's false.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-19 11:56 PM
    You can try the Origami browser from BlackBerry World.
    Hi conite.
    I have tried that browser but it has the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 12:01 AM
    Hi conite.

Posted via CB10
    I recall there being old versions of the Dolphin browser that worked on the PlayBook.

Did you scan goodreader.com for some?

But keep in mind that old browsers are a security nightmare, so don't do anything remotely important.
    10-02-19 12:04 AM
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    Thank you so much for the support. The aakash aap is not compatible with Android 2.3 or below. Is there some way to bring down its compatibility to 2.3 or smthn?
    Plus I am having trouble using the Sachesi Tool. It's not connecting my PlayBook to the laptop.
    Thank you again for taking the trouble for converting the apps for me.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm....there are occasionally ways to do this Divyanshu but it's a hit or miss process. I'll check into it and let you know.

What error are you seeing with Sachesi, if I may ask?
    10-02-19 12:05 AM
    I recall there being old versions of the Dolphin browser that worked on the PlayBook.

Did you scan goodreader.com for some?

But keep in mind that old browsers are a security nightmare, so don't do anything remotely important.
    Hi conite.
    I have not seen the Dolphin browser and I haven't scanned good reader also. Will check.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 12:07 AM
    Hi conite.

Posted via CB10
    Hey Div,

I've read through the posts here and I think I may be able to help with your general concerns. Let me ask you a few questions in turn:

1. Regarding Gmail, is there a reason you want to use the browser for it rather than the Playbook's built-in e-mail application? I use that with a Gmail address all the time and it works well.

2. On browsers: it sounds like you're not sold on Firefox in particular, you just want a browser to handle some specific sites, yes?

3. On apps: there are actually quite a few native apps that will work well for the Playbook. playEpub is in Blackberry World and is a very solid e-book reader. Neutron Media Player is also available and will play any video or music file you throw at it. Kalemsoft Media Streamer will stream any media from a home computer straight to your Playbook.

If you have any other specific needs or things you'd like to do with your Playbook, let me know and we can probably get you set.
    10-02-19 12:08 AM
    Hmmm....there are occasionally ways to do this Divyanshu but it's a hit or miss process. I'll check into it and let you know.

What error are you seeing with Sachesi, if I may ask?
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    Fingers crossed for the conversion.
    The main problem is that it just keeps on loading on the starting page. It shows "talking to 1 device(s)" and that's it. It keeps loading and loading. I don't have an idea about the problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 12:09 AM
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    Fingers crossed for the conversion.
    The main problem is that it just keeps on loading on the starting page. It shows "talking to 1 device(s)" and that's it. It keeps loading and loading. I don't have an idea about the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a password on your Playbook Div? If so, have you entered it into the blank in the middle with the eye icon to the right? That could be the issue, or you may need to enable SMBv1 if you're running Windows 10. I can help with either if needed. Sachesi is usually pretty solid so I'm confident we can get it working for you. (It's also a generally better tool for sideloading than the Chrome extension.)
    10-02-19 12:12 AM
    Hey Div,

I've read through the posts here and I think I may be able to help with your general concerns. Let me ask you a few questions in turn:

1. Regarding Gmail, is there a reason you want to use the browser for it rather than the Playbook's built-in e-mail application? I use that with a Gmail address all the time and it works well.

2. On browsers: it sounds like you're not sold on Firefox in particular, you just want a browser to handle some specific sites, yes?

3. On apps: there are actually quite a few native apps that will work well for the Playbook. playEpub is in Blackberry World and is a very solid e-book reader. Neutron Media Player is also available and will play any video or music file you throw at it. Kalemsoft Media Streamer will stream any media from a home computer straight to your Playbook.

If you have any other specific needs or things you'd like to do with your Playbook, let me know and we can probably get you set.
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    1. Yes there is a reason for me trying to use the browser rather than the in-built email services. This is because the in-built email application refuses to sign in to Gmail. It says something about imap and server not available.

2. I'm confident about firefox but after learning that only 2.3 or below apps can work for PlayBook, I'm not so sure about Firefox. I just want a browser on which I can browse without encountering any problems such as the one I have told about the original BlackBerry Browser.

3. I don't want apps for specific reasons. The PlayBook is a really nice tablet and since the average apps on the BlackBerry World are pretty much garbage it's capacity is going waste and I hate to see this. I just want this beautiful and powerful tablet to have some pretty solid functions like using it for my education and watching movies.

Thank you for replying to my problems. If I encounter some problems or if there's any other thing I want I will surely tell you. Thank you again.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 12:34 AM
    Do you have a password on your Playbook Div? If so, have you entered it into the blank in the middle with the eye icon to the right? That could be the issue, or you may need to enable SMBv1 if you're running Windows 10. I can help with either if needed. Sachesi is usually pretty solid so I'm confident we can get it working for you. (It's also a generally better tool for sideloading than the Chrome extension.)
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    I have entered my PlayBook password in the provided space but still it keeps on loading. I have windows 7 and I don't know what's the problem. I had seen one tutorial on youtube where the person's playbook gets connected after a minute or two but not in my case. It keeps loading and doesn't show my PlayBook's apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 12:37 AM
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    1. Yes there is a reason for me trying to use the browser rather than the in-built email services. This is because the in-built email application refuses to sign in to Gmail. It says something about imap and server not available.

2. I'm confident about firefox but after learning that only 2.3 or below apps can work for PlayBook, I'm not so sure about Firefox. I just want a browser on which I can browse without encountering any problems such as the one I have told about the original BlackBerry Browser.

3. I don't want apps for specific reasons. The PlayBook is a really nice tablet and since the average apps on the BlackBerry World are pretty much garbage it's capacity is going waste and I hate to see this. I just want this beautiful and powerful tablet to have some pretty solid functions like using it for my education and watching movies.

Thank you for replying to my problems. If I encounter some problems or if there's any other thing I want I will surely tell you. Thank you again.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm, interesting Div. In turn:

1. That's really weird about Gmail. I'll do some testing and see if there's something else going on here.

2. Any particular sites you're worried about? Origami typically works well so since that doesn't work for you I'm wondering if there's a particular site you're having trouble with I can use as a test. (Other than Gmail of course.)

3. I understand wanting to use the Playbook for those functions. While there are certainly some bad apps on Blackberry World there are still some fairly solid ones available, popular opinion to the contrary. For example, Kalemsoft Media Player and Neutron are both excellent for watching movies.

I'll keep you posted on the browser and the educational app conversion, but please do let me know if there's ever any function you like to have (listen to music, something for your education, watch movies, etc) that you believe you can't do with your Playbook. The odds are high I can assist.
    10-02-19 12:40 AM
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    I have entered my PlayBook password in the provided space but still it keeps on loading. I have windows 7 and I don't know what's the problem. I had seen one tutorial on youtube where the person's playbook gets connected after a minute or two but not in my case. It keeps loading and doesn't show my PlayBook's apps.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm...have you tried Darcy's Blackberry Tools? That's another good utility for sideloading.
    10-02-19 12:40 AM
    Hmmm, interesting Div. In turn:

1. That's really weird about Gmail. I'll do some testing and see if there's something else going on here.

2. Any particular sites you're worried about? Origami typically works well so since that doesn't work for you I'm wondering if there's a particular site you're having trouble with I can use as a test. (Other than Gmail of course.)

3. I understand wanting to use the Playbook for those functions. While there are certainly some bad apps on Blackberry World there are still some fairly solid ones available, popular opinion to the contrary. For example, Kalemsoft Media Player and Neutron are both excellent for watching movies.

I'll keep you posted on the browser and the educational app conversion, but please do let me know if there's ever any function you like to have (listen to music, something for your education, watch movies, etc) that you believe you can't do with your Playbook. The odds are high I can assist.
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    1. Sure thanks a lot.

2. There's no other website with that problem using Origami Browser.

3. There are good apps but they don't really use the PlayBook's capacity. So I just wanted to have some good android apps since PlayBook supports Android 2.3 and below.

Thank you again for helping me.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 01:01 AM
    Hmmm...have you tried Darcy's Blackberry Tools? That's another good utility for sideloading.
    I have no idea as to how to install Darcy on Windows 7. I had searched on Crackberry but it gave me an application called "Mono" but after installing it I have no idea how to use it.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 01:02 AM
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    1. Sure thanks a lot.

2. There's no other website with that problem using Origami Browser.

3. There are good apps but they don't really use the PlayBook's capacity. So I just wanted to have some good android apps since PlayBook supports Android 2.3 and below.

Thank you again for helping me.

Posted via CB10
    So it's only the web version of Gmail you're having trouble with using Origami, which would not be needed if built-in e-mail is working properly for you. Great; we can hit two birds with one stone.

May I ask what you mean when you say "the PlayBook's capacity?" Since many of the apps I've cited are designed to do the very functions you've said you want to do, I'm just curious what you think the native apps cannot do to utilize the Playbook's "capacity." The other reason I ask is that since the PlayBook was designed to run Blackberry's Tablet OS and only has Android capability as a tacked-on runtime, it's not really the best tablet for running Android apps, so if you're looking for a tablet that will run those smoothly you might be better served with an Android tablet.

If, on the other hand, you just want to do things with your PlayBook in particular, we can very likely facilitate that.
    10-02-19 01:14 AM
    I have no idea as to how to install Darcy on Windows 7. I had searched on Crackberry but it gave me an application called "Mono" but after installing it I have no idea how to use it.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely don't try and use whatever Mono is!

Here's a link to DBBT:

https://mega.nz/#!RlZXQADZ!DtfI0LT6h...ZIMF7F0hG9Nido

Let me know how it runs for you.
    10-02-19 01:15 AM
    So it's only the web version of Gmail you're having trouble with using Origami, which would not be needed if built-in e-mail is working properly for you. Great; we can hit two birds with one stone.

May I ask what you mean when you say "the PlayBook's capacity?" Since many of the apps I've cited are designed to do the very functions you've said you want to do, I'm just curious what you think the native apps cannot do to utilize the Playbook's "capacity." The other reason I ask is that since the PlayBook was designed to run Blackberry's Tablet OS and only has Android capability as a tacked-on runtime, it's not really the best tablet for running Android apps, so if you're looking for a tablet that will run those smoothly you might be better served with an Android tablet.

If, on the other hand, you just want to do things with your PlayBook in particular, we can very likely facilitate that.
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    By PlayBook's capacity I am referring to its ability to support amazing graphics quality and lagging rarely. It's system apps are few and since I have the 64 GB one I have quite a lot of space left in it. I don't specifically want to use android apps as I would like to maintain BlackBerry's originality. I only want a few android apps to work (which I have been stating throughout this discussion). I would like to explore what all the PlayBook can do because, again, it's such an amazing tablet to do work on.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 01:21 AM
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    By PlayBook's capacity I am referring to its ability to support amazing graphics quality and lagging rarely. It's system apps are few and since I have the 64 GB one I have quite a lot of space left in it. I don't specifically want to use android apps as I would like to maintain BlackBerry's originality. I only want a few android apps to work (which I have been stating throughout this discussion). I would like to explore what all the PlayBook can do because, again, it's such an amazing tablet to do work on.

Posted via CB10
    Great! In that case I'd really suggest checking out the native apps on Blackberry World, as while there are certainly some lemons there are quite a few decent ones that will provide the graphics quality and rare lag that you mention. Android apps, while necessary in some cases, very often do NOT take advantage of the capabilities you mention due to the runtime.

Here are some apps you may wish to start with:

Playepub E-Book Reader (Supports EPUB and MOBI):

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

Kalemsoft Media Player (will require sideload):

http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/...o-2_6_0_42.bar

You might also check this thread, which has native apps that have been released by developers for direct download:

https://forums.crackberry.com/playbo.../#post13443353
    10-02-19 01:32 AM
    Great! In that case I'd really suggest checking out the native apps on Blackberry World, as while there are certainly some lemons there are quite a few decent ones that will provide the graphics quality and rare lag that you mention. Android apps, while necessary in some cases, very often do NOT take advantage of the capabilities you mention due to the runtime.

Here are some apps you may wish to start with:

Playepub E-Book Reader (Supports EPUB and MOBI):

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

Kalemsoft Media Player (will require sideload):

http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/...o-2_6_0_42.bar

You might also check this thread, which has native apps that have been released by developers for direct download:

https://forums.crackberry.com/playbo.../#post13443353
    Hi TrumpetTiger.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will install them. I will also check out the Darcy sideloader.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 01:38 AM
46 12