Hi guys, I tried this downgrade using cfp and I found out it is not possible. My pb just blicks, which means 7971 is blacklisted in NVRAM too... Just want to ask if anybody else found out the same thing.

Thanks
    08-22-12 11:51 AM
    I can easily still downgrade to 7971
    08-22-12 03:13 PM
    Why do you want to downgrade to 2.0.0? 2.0.1 has multiple bug fixes, and the 2.1 betas are even better.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    08-23-12 10:13 PM
    Haven't been keeping up on what's new but im pretty sure he wants to downgrade to root it? That's why it's in the playbook rooting section? Not being a smart a$$ but unless 2.1 os's can be rooted now he'd have to downgrade heh
    08-23-12 11:58 PM
    No reason, just was trying smt with cfp that might have helped in downgrading to 4869 and when I loaded 7971 my pb didnt start so I was surprised cos 7971 should not be blacklisted. That's all.
    08-24-12 02:23 AM
    Why do you want to downgrade to 2.0.0? 2.0.1 has multiple bug fixes, and the 2.1 betas are even better.
    by simply quoting RIM's self adulation (not the first time) you make the
    whole topic about rooting as well as the recent 668 or other 2.1.
    complaints within this entire forum redundant.

well, than tell me or others running 2.0.0x or lower still or those interested in
    stepping down at least more specific and reproducible -
    what kind of "bugs" are we coping with at the moment and what "better" are
    we missing?

thanx
    Damian
    08-24-12 05:02 AM
    There isn't any point in downgrading like SCrid2000 said, because it had many more bugs than it does now and the beta's are a little more buggy (because their beta's) but they are alot better then downgrading.
    09-03-12 04:24 AM
    by simply quoting RIM's self adulation (not the first time) you make the
    whole topic about rooting as well as the recent 668 or other 2.1.
    complaints within this entire forum redundant.

well, than tell me or others running 2.0.0x or lower still or those interested in
    stepping down at least more specific and reproducible -
    what kind of "bugs" are we coping with at the moment and what "better" are
    we missing?

thanx
    Damian
    The main one that comes to mind is a bug fix to block app piracy, which AFAICT is the only reason anyone would want to downgrade to 7971 (which is not rootable).

I ask because I'm not going to help someone downgrade if it's just so they can pirate apps.
    09-04-12 10:03 PM
    ...I'm not going to help someone downgrade if it's just so they can pirate apps.
    no doubts of you being a faithful RIM customer with good intentions.
    but nobody really likes the (private) police around poking their nose in our
    business unless needed urgently.

the whole app business is a world of cops and robbers changing side from time
    to time. no serious casualties to be moaned at on either side. so relax...

kindest regards
    Damian
    09-05-12 09:40 AM

kindest regards
    Damian
    You are talking to a developer of numerous apps. I don't know what you do for a living, but if someone was trying to get you to do it without paying you, I doubt you would help them (specifically if the reason for them attempting it is just pure selfishness).
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    09-05-12 10:02 AM

kindest regards
    Damian
    Mr. Damian;
    There are three potential casualties in piracy. First, the pocket of the developer. Second, (in a best case scenario) the freedom and financial state of the pirate. Finally, the soul of the pirate.
    I understand that you might not care about other people or have any morals or ethical compass, but please don't project that opinion onto other people.

Sincerely,
    The (private) police.
    SifJar likes this.
    09-05-12 10:14 AM
    Ok, this is going no where FAST! Please remember from our Posting Rules & Guidelines .....

Keep it Legal
    No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.
    If you want to help the OP via PM, please do so, BUT lets me end the argument NOW by closing the thread!
    09-05-12 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD