I was looking around a some documentation on the Department of Defense security policies on various mobile devices. One document suggests that the Playbook will be supported when 10.1 is released for it. I'm curious if this is based on inside info that BB10 is definitely coming to the Playbook or if it is just a catch all and could have been worded "if/when".

I'm still hopeful that BB10 will come to the Playbook, but I don't want them to mess with the UI much. I like the current gestures and layout. It needs a little usability tweaking like being able to easily move an icon to a distant pane. Otherwise, it works well as is. It just needs to be able to run BB10 apps.
    rupam95 likes this.
    06-14-13 11:54 AM
    Good find. However, the question that has to to be answered is when?
    06-14-13 12:50 PM
    I have seen on here that a member had emailed Thorsten Heins and got a reply from him and it mentioned the playbook but it was vague. I also have emailed Mr. Heins and have also received a reply from him personally. I asked about the playbook among other things. Here is a portion of the email he sent me:

"As you know, we have re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry to create a new mobile computing experience. We are working to extend the BlackBerry 10 platform to more devices, like PlayBook, and will keep you informed of our progress. It is our goal to create a simple and straightforward upgrade path through software downloads."

I didn't expect him to come straight out and tell me BlackBerry's plans obviously and his answer was one I kinda expected and I understand that. I just wanted to share this with you all.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-14-13 01:08 PM
    I was looking around a some documentation on the Department of Defense security policies on various mobile devices. One document suggests that the Playbook will be supported when 10.1 is released for it. I'm curious if this is based on inside info that BB10 is definitely coming to the Playbook or if it is just a catch all and could have been worded "if/when".

I'm still hopeful that BB10 will come to the Playbook, but I don't want them to mess with the UI much. I like the current gestures and layout. It needs a little usability tweaking like being able to easily move an icon to a distant pane. Otherwise, it works well as is. It just needs to be able to run BB10 apps.
    whats "NO NDA SOUP FOR YOU ME AND JOE" is "FREE FOR YOU SIR!" DOD gets everything even before you and i get to even know light years ahead of you.
    its FIPS compliant. and yes they got all details else they will not be allowed to operate. you must disclose everything. including the haemoglobin you had in your lasy blood dysentry. sigh! isnt why they are called "Big Uncle Sam is watching you! Be careful mike!"

rupam the one you and i will use will not have many features which DOD will have i am sure about it. and secondly DOD and NSA and other 3 letter words will have access to everything which you and i wont have. which means a final copy may have got sent already and the three lettered agencies must be evaluating it now.

thanks
    -paul
    Dr_Acula likes this.
    06-14-13 01:08 PM
    I have seen on here that a member had emailed Thorsten Heins and got a reply from him and it mentioned the playbook but it was vague. I also have emailed Mr. Heins and have also received a reply from him personally. I asked about the playbook among other things. Here is a portion of the email he sent me:

"As you know, we have re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry to create a new mobile computing experience. We are working to extend the BlackBerry 10 platform to more devices, like PlayBook, and will keep you informed of our progress. It is our goal to create a simple and straightforward upgrade path through software downloads."

I didn't expect him to come straight out and tell me BlackBerry's plans obviously and his answer was one I kinda expected and I understand that. I just wanted to share this with you all.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    question still remains the same.
    "Do we (end user) controls our device? Or we will continue to be a tenant in our own house and continue to pay our RENT?"
    thats my question rest is not important to me. i paid for my device and i feel like i am paying rent for living in my own house. thanks to RIM's OS (i hate BB OS to the core and not RIM).
    thanks
    -paul
    b10cey likes this.
    06-14-13 01:11 PM

Great catch.
    06-22-13 07:59 AM
    Hey! Great find, it may come after all?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 03:07 PM
    Does anyone want to ask me a straight up clear cut question with proper verbs, adverbs, nouns, et cetera, outlined and specific about the topic and I'll give you the best answer you could get that I can give.
    06-22-13 03:54 PM
    Does anyone want to ask me a straight up clear cut question with proper verbs, adverbs, nouns, et cetera, outlined and specific about the topic and I'll give you the best answer you could get that I can give.
    Why are you in a position to answer a question like that?

If you are and are willing, you already know what everyone wants to know. Please just spill your guts.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 03:59 PM
    Why are you in a position to answer a question like that?

If you are and are willing, you already know what everyone wants to know. Please just spill your guts.

Posted via CB10
    See here's the funny thing, I don't even read these threads unless I feel that something educational might come of them, I'm not going to post my curriculum vita on here any more then I have in the past, so as I said, I thought this could be an one of those educational threads, if you want my input fine if you don't then you don't. I'm not here to BS anything, there are other threads where kids who want to play "agent-for-a-day" go a post, if you want an answer from me that can be productive and education ask a very direct and specific question that's not general in nature and you'll get an answer.
    06-22-13 04:06 PM
    How do I know what to ask if I don't know what you know? This is a PlayBook thread so I'll guess you can be asked about PlayBook.

Question: Will BB10 be released for PlayBook? If so, on what date?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 05:05 PM
    First of all I have nothing to do with BlackBerry, I formerly worked as a member in the Intel. community, the topic here is DoD & the IC, if you have a direct question relating to that I would do my best.

Since you asked a direct question anyway, I'll answer it anyway in a very P.C. way

Question: Will BB10 be released for PlayBook? If so, on what date?
    As we, the BlackBerry community, have been told by many including BlackBerry, and from mine own perspective as one of many developers for this platform, some whom might agree with me some who might not, yes BB10 should be coming to PlayBook, I wouldn't know what date, and I doubt if anyone in BlackBerry even has a date.

Now if someone has a question about testing policies, release policies, "inside"-whatever you people like to speculate on, it seems like everyone thinks that everyone is harboring secrets beyond all comprehension, I hate to disappoint you all at how uneventful the case actually is, I will answer a direct question about that, but acronyms flying around in the first few posts have no meaning or place where they have been used. While a simple research might clear that up for some, I will admit that things can seem tangled and difficult to understand when looking into information about regulatory and compliance issues, so with that said it seems like there is a great deal that could be clarified, I have no intention on correcting every single inaccuracy already stated, but if someone wants to start fresh with a question and you leave politics out of it, as well as recent events, you'll find that I am amenable to helping along the education of the general public.
    06-22-13 05:47 PM
    First of all I have nothing to do with BlackBerry, I formerly worked as a member in the Intel. community, the topic here is DoD & the IC, if you have a direct question relating to that I would do my best.

Since you asked a direct question anyway, I'll answer it anyway in a very P.C. way

As we, the BlackBerry community, have been told by many including BlackBerry, and from mine own perspective as one of many developers for this platform, some whom might agree with me some who might not, yes BB10 should be coming to PlayBook, I wouldn't know what date, and I doubt if anyone in BlackBerry even has a date.

Now if someone has a question about testing policies, release policies, "inside"-whatever you people like to speculate on, it seems like everyone thinks that everyone is harboring secrets beyond all comprehension, I hate to disappoint you all at how uneventful the case actually is, I will answer a direct question about that, but acronyms flying around in the first few posts have no meaning or place where they have been used. While a simple research might clear that up for some, I will admit that things can seem tangled and difficult to understand when looking into information about regulatory and compliance issues, so with that said it seems like there is a great deal that could be clarified, I have no intention on correcting every single inaccuracy already stated, but if someone wants to start fresh with a question and you leave politics out of it, as well as recent events, you'll find that I am amenable to helping along the education of the general public.
    do you still run your narusinsight program to spy on citizens and netizens? which is a program succeeding program carnivore? Narus (company) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Carnivore (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    does it help you remember something? a few projects DoD and intel (not Intel corp) runs secretly....
    please enlighten us. why is massive citizen spy program?
    thanks
    -paul
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    06-23-13 12:56 AM
    You don't read well Mature a bit then I might answer questions that could be education for everyone, like how are system approved at different levels for handling information, or what's the difference between FIPS and DoD certification, et cetera... That's what I thought the topic was, but if you just want to bash, then bash away, or if you just are upset then be upset and dig up whatever information makes you feel better, but regardless, signing off from this thread... peace... but as always feel free to continue to feel bad about yourself, thinking you're honestly important enough for anyone to care party on

No really though I won't be back to this thread so continue on as you were...
    06-23-13 11:08 AM
    You don't read well Mature a bit then I might answer questions that could be education for everyone, like how are system approved at different levels for handling information, or what's the difference between FIPS and DoD certification, et cetera... That's what I thought the topic was, but if you just want to bash, then bash away, or if you just are upset then be upset and dig up whatever information makes you feel better, but regardless, signing off from this thread... peace... but as always feel free to continue to feel bad about yourself, thinking you're honestly important enough for anyone to care party on

No really though I won't be back to this thread so continue on as you were...
    i agree i migrated from the topic. but what i wanted to know is what i asked. and i did ask it many times and i was never answered this privacy issue. and as usual i didnt get the answer. and i am well versed with FIPS and DoD policies. my question was different you cared not to answer and thats your right not to answer. and i dont control you. so i am also sorry for asking this awkward question.

but regardless, signing off from this thread... peace... but as always feel free to continue to feel bad about yourself, thinking you're honestly important enough for anyone to care party on
    well i am sorry to say onething. feeling bad doesnt help me, and bashing you wont help me either.
    and to be back or not is your choice. i am not forcing you.
    and whenever who says they are from DoD and Intel, i ask them what EFF people ask, why this massive spying.... results in an answer like this or a stunned silence.
    thanks
    -paul
    06-23-13 12:38 PM