I'm not interested in the findings of people who were running 2.0 re the new Official 2.1, since most of their "findings" will be things that those who have been running the beta already knew. I am interested in the findings of people who have been running the beta- any new features or capabilities. I'm going to hold off installing the official until I'm sure I'm not losing anything, since once I go official there will be no going back (presumably, and remember .668). So I'll let you guys be my guinea pigs.
    SifJar and andyJH like this.
    10-03-12 08:27 AM
    I was running the 840 beta. So far, the Bridge apps seem to run up quicker, but look the same as far as I can tell. There is now SMS thru the Bridge, which is a nice addition. The browser seems a little quicker and maybe less checkerboarding, but I haven't done any benchmarks so it's all subjective. Android apps still open in separate windows. They might be loading a little quicker, but again that's subjective. Not sure how battery life is yet. I haven't tried Print-2-Go is different networks yet, but they claim that works now.

Also, for those curious - existing sideloaded apps do still work. I haven't sideloaded anything new yet though.
    Last edited by BarracudaBob; 10-03-12 at 09:13 AM. Reason: more info
    10-03-12 09:04 AM
    Bookmark
    10-03-12 09:14 AM
    Nothing new with bookmarks unfortunately.
    10-03-12 09:19 AM
    I think he meant bookmark the thread...!

I've noticed sending emails on exchange account now works. It doesn't have an error/resend issue.

That's one big fix!
    10-03-12 10:42 AM
    Nothing new with bookmarks unfortunately.
    They keep touting new games for the "world's first professional-grade" tablet but cannot add web browser bookmark capability? Oh that's right! Nobody uses bookmarks because they are too busy playing Angry Birds.
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-03-12 10:45 AM
    I think he meant bookmark the thread...!

I've noticed sending emails on exchange account now works. It doesn't have an error/resend issue.

That's one big fix!
    If this is true, that's a big deal for me. I haven't used my PlayBook to send work emails for six months because of that stupid bug. Wish I had Wi-Fi here so I could do the update now...
    10-03-12 10:48 AM
    They keep touting new games for the "world's first professional-grade" tablet but cannot add web browser bookmark capability? Oh that's right! Nobody uses bookmarks because they are too busy playing Angry Birds.
    Not sure I get you - I use bookmarks all the time with my browser on my PlayBook?
    10-03-12 10:51 AM
    I think He means theres no "management " for bookmarks
    10-03-12 12:04 PM
    Well if that's a hierarchical grouping of them like on desktop browsers, I'm far from convinced it's fair criticism.

I've used browsers on other tablets with similar bookmark facilities to the playbook, so I'm not really feeling the problem, here...
    10-03-12 12:07 PM
    Yes, currently the best way to manage a large number of bookmarks is to put them on the home screen then toss them in tabs and/or folders. That still doesn't allow renaming them.

To a large extent I think this release of 2.1 is really meant for those people who don't even know about the beta. All it really seems to offer beta users is Bridge SMS and Bridge over WiFi - not that those aren't wanted. It would have been nice to slowly see more of BB10 brought to the Playbook. Hopefully they will do that in the form of the next few betas.
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-03-12 12:10 PM
    I did some benchmarking for .1032 here: http://fineoils.blogspot.com
    10-03-12 12:52 PM
    Exchange sent items still broken for me. Always get one failed, one sent.
    10-03-12 07:11 PM
    BB10 doesn't even have bookmark folders --- RIM is going with bookmark search and tags --- no bookmark folders. You can see it in numerous live demo videos of the BB10 browser on youtube from BB10 jam last week.
    10-03-12 08:13 PM
    well the ported pulse app is much faster for me.
    10-03-12 08:22 PM
    I think the only changes were probably stability and bug fixes. Maybe some under the hood changes to the browser but its hard to tell.
    10-03-12 08:23 PM
    I think the only changes were probably stability and bug fixes. Maybe some under the hood changes to the browser but its hard to tell.
    +1

There were no significant version updates from the .840 to .1032, just incremental updates across the board.

Here is a list of the installed applications from the 2 betas and the final release:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kJhQ3hmVUNhNUE
    10-03-12 08:39 PM
    LOL... Did you guys notice the little reflection thingie under open windows?
    10-03-12 08:53 PM
    LOL... Did you guys notice the little reflection thingie under open windows?
    Pretty sure its always been there.
    10-03-12 09:25 PM
    Pretty sure it was not.
    10-03-12 09:56 PM
    Hi there,

Browser faster and better all round, well done RIM

10-04-12 02:58 PM
    Lost my appointments upgrading from 2.1.0.840 to this.
    10-05-12 08:23 AM
    Pretty sure it was not.
    It was. Here is a picture from 2.0: http://cdn.n4bb.com/wp-content/uploa...ck-602x395.jpg The reflections are there. I don't think they were there in 1.0, but I'm not sure as I never ran it on my own PB.
    10-05-12 09:40 AM
    Predictive text while bridged has been fixed
    10-05-12 09:41 AM
    Videos on Radio-Canada site, TOU.TV, are now working. Curiously, they were not working the first day after the update but I decided to try again yesterday and they now work. If you understand French, you can watch many TV programs, including some series of the 1970 years.
    10-05-12 09:51 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD