It killed mine. If I load it again, will it even work? F'n Amazon, why don't they just do Kindle for BlackBerry Playbook, they make it available for EVERY other platform. You can't tell me that Playbook is the only format threatening Kindle tablet sales. Those D--bags are losing all the money I would be spending on Kindle books. I'm F'ing pi@@ed off. Thanks for letting me vent.
    04-23-12 12:29 PM
    Had to reload a title from the archive but it still works.
    04-23-12 12:36 PM
    I haven't had any issues with the sideloaded Kindle app since upgrading.
    04-23-12 12:47 PM
    didn't have any issues with kindle when I installed 2.0.1 the first time, but did do a sec wipe and reloaded a bunch of app-including kindle...works fine the second time around too...
    04-23-12 01:01 PM
    Mine seems to work fine. Haven't had any issues.
    04-23-12 01:08 PM
    Mine works fine after the update. There weren't restrictions added to the android player in 2.0.1
    04-23-12 01:10 PM
    No problems for me either, all i did was apply the upgrade, no wipe or anything else. Kindle still works
    04-23-12 03:46 PM
    Mine still works.
    04-23-12 07:22 PM
    No issues for me.
    04-23-12 07:38 PM
    Mine works great.
    04-23-12 07:59 PM
    +1 to the working lot;
    I purchased a new book yesterday from within the app; paid with no troubles, got the email notification almost immediately, downloaded book without a hitch and started reading; all within 30 secs.

try a wipe and a new sideload.
    Bests of luck and such.
    04-23-12 08:03 PM
    I also suggest you contact Amazon/kindle and vent to them, too.
    04-23-12 09:25 PM
    Nope. Mine works fine.
    04-23-12 10:06 PM
    Mine won't run one title -- a children's book -- it used to run before, so yes, there are some issues. (As well as there are issues with some other Android sideloads that had previously worked fine.)

The solution, as wurstsalat pointed out here, is to downgrade the runtime app to 2.0.0.58. Just download sys.android.bar from the link below, install it like any other .bar file via BBH Tools or DPPB, reboot once or twice, and you're back in bidness.

2.0.0.56 sys.android.bar

(Thanks to jiatern for posting the .bar file)
    tking213 likes this.
    04-24-12 09:44 AM
    Absolutely not problem what so ever......why don't you try uninstalling the app and reboot the PB and re sideload kindle again......
    I suspect that the android player is not always functioning correctly at time though , so get rid of the app and reinstall.
    04-24-12 09:50 AM
    Mine won't run one title -- a children's book -- it used to run before, so yes, there are some issues. (As well as there are issues with some other Android sideloads that had previously worked fine.)

The solution, as wurstsalat pointed out here, is to downgrade the runtime app to 2.0.0.58. Just download sys.android.bar from the link below, install it like any other .bar file via BBH Tools or DPPB, reboot once or twice, and you're back in bidness.

2.0.0.56 sys.android.bar

(Thanks to jiatern for posting the .bar file)
    So go back to the old player that was considered crap and do without the fixes for things in the newer player?
    04-24-12 09:59 AM
    So go back to the old player that was considered crap and do without the fixes for things in the newer player?
    Considered crap by you for whatever you run, but I consider the newer player a complete piece of garbage. It will no longer run the NY Times app nor certain book titles on the Kindle app -- all of which ran just fine on your older "crap" player. Yeah, those were great "fixes" . . . you can keep them.
    04-24-12 10:14 AM
    Thanks for all the advice, I re-did the bar file, had to reboot twice but it is working now. As for venting to Amazon, I did that too.
    04-24-12 10:45 AM
    Considered crap by you for whatever you run, but I consider the newer player a complete piece of garbage. It will no longer run the NY Times app nor certain book titles on the Kindle app -- all of which ran just fine on your older "crap" player. Yeah, those were great "fixes" . . . you can keep them.
    May well be but I seem to remember all kinds of complaints about the player, freeze ups etc. Since the update the complaints have been this or that no longer works. So if you prefer freezes and rebooting have at it as long as your app works until it freezes your system.

I stay away from the thing so just going by reading.
    04-24-12 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD