How can I delete the native Messages, Contacts, and Calendar icons?
    My PB is bridged with my BB 9800 and i get all my information through the bridge.I do not really want a second independent set of those applications, or store my mail and contacts on the BP for security reasons, however I can not delete them.
    Any idea how to hide them or delete them?
    02-21-12 03:56 PM
    Easiest thing to do is create a "junk" folder, put them in there, then put that folder at the bottom of a page so it's not "in the way."
    02-21-12 04:21 PM
    Can't delete native apps.
    02-21-12 04:26 PM
    How can I delete the native Messages, Contacts, and Calendar icons?
    My PB is bridged with my BB 9800 and i get all my information through the bridge.I do not really want a second independent set of those applications, or store my mail and contacts on the BP for security reasons, however I can not delete them.
    Any idea how to hide them or delete them?
    Go to the bridge app on your PHONE. You will see a list of playbook devices at the bottom that are bridged to your phone. Highlight your playbook and press the options (blackberry) button. Select 'device properties' in your options menu. Deselect messages contacts calendar, or whatever other bridge apps you don't want to use on your playbook. Those icons will disappear from you playbook and you will no longer get overlapping notifications.
    02-21-12 05:05 PM
    Go to the bridge app on your PHONE. You will see a list of playbook devices at the bottom that are bridged to your phone. Highlight your playbook and press the options (blackberry) button. Select 'device properties' in your options menu. Deselect messages contacts calendar, or whatever other bridge apps you don't want to use on your playbook. Those icons will disappear from you playbook and you will no longer get overlapping notifications.
    Read what the person is saying before replying. He/She wants to use Bridge, not Native.
    02-21-12 05:07 PM
    Read what the person is saying before replying. He/She wants to use Bridge, not Native.
    Well if someone is that concerned with the extra icons, then the best possible solution is to use the native apps and ditch the bridge. They're better apps, and as long as you put a password on your playbook I don't see any security issues.
    02-21-12 05:11 PM
    Well thanks all, I used Foppa_21 suggestion and removed everything I do not want into the newly created JUNK folder
    02-21-12 06:22 PM
    And randmcnally, since I own a BB phone, the native apps are just a duplication and not really useful in a bridged setup.
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-21-12 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD