Installation went well and I am poking around 2.0. After setting up my e-mail I now have about 1,000 messages and I can't seem to find a method to mark them all as read or mark them so I can delete them en mass. So far all I can feebly manage is an e-mail by e-mail delete...

I am sure must be way to do this, I just can't find it Has anyone figure out (for this ) how to do this.... Thanks.
    02-21-12 02:52 PM
    Fortunately it is very easy to do. Just pull down the top menu and choose "Select" and then start checking off the messages you want to delete, or flag, or whatever.
    02-21-12 03:02 PM
    Fortunately it is very easy to do. Just pull down the top menu and choose "Select" and then start checking off the messages you want to delete, or flag, or whatever.
    Thanks, but I still have to click/check 1,000 times to make each e-mail individually? I guess that is way better than 2,000 times.
    02-21-12 03:10 PM
    correct, it's not as simple as highlighting on, scrolling thru and selecting everything in between. You have to select each one individually.
    02-21-12 03:26 PM
    correct, it's not as simple as highlighting on, scrolling thru and selecting everything in between. You have to select each one individually.
    Not true...you can multi touch to highlight but only what is currently on the screen. You then have to scroll down and repeat
    02-21-12 04:40 PM
    Got 4500 emails that I marked as read on main client and keeps on downloading them again.
    RE-installed account 3 times same thing
    Year late you think they would of giving the option select all
    02-21-12 04:44 PM
    Thanks, select all would have been great but at least I know it's not me, this time.....
    02-21-12 05:42 PM
    Not true...you can multi touch to highlight but only what is currently on the screen. You then have to scroll down and repeat
    How do you Multi-select? I can't seem to highlight more than one item.
    02-21-12 07:37 PM
    How do you Multi-select? I can't seem to highlight more than one item.
    use 2 finger method
    Last edited by balding1; 02-21-12 at 07:58 PM.
    02-21-12 07:43 PM
    Need delete prior please.
    02-21-12 07:55 PM
    I'm actually not sure about this. While playing around with multi-touch I was able to scroll down and select the last mail and it automatically selected everything in-between (it was more than one screen worth). I'm not sure how exactly and I haven't been able to replicate it so it may have been a 'bug'.
    02-21-12 07:59 PM
    If you use 2 finger method to highlight all on screen you can bring up next screen and highlight them also without loosing first screen being highlighted.
    still alot of work if your looking at thousands of emails to go through
    02-21-12 08:04 PM
    Need delete prior please.
    Is that comment for my post?
    02-21-12 08:05 PM
    You pull down select from the swipe down menu, click the first message box, then with finer and thumb you do a reverse pinching motion like you want to expand the screen and you will select all on that screen. Just keep reverse pinching your way down and you'll have all removed in a jiffy. Also, you can specify when you set up your email, how many days worth you want synched. I have mine set on three days.
    02-23-12 07:58 PM
    very nice!
    02-23-12 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD