pulled my playbook out of the drawer from a while of storage, hit the power button and i got a red battery outline with a thunder bolt through it.

plugged it in

red light came on

red outline with bolt comes up

goes away, screen is black

and now the yellow/green light is coming on and off.

its been sitting there for an hour now and still does not start

and when i unplug it, from the charger, the charge ---> thunder bolt shows up.

its still not booting, and i have no clue what to do...
    09-08-12 05:19 PM
    turned on! but the battery has been sitting at 0% for a while...does it just take alot of time since it was really dead before?
    09-08-12 06:47 PM
    Yellow/Green doing the on off thingy means it is charging. If it is just the mini usb charger give it 8 to 10 hours. Yes 8 to 10 hours. Then it should be good to go.
    09-08-12 06:56 PM
    Do not use the USB cable, use the wall AC charger with the higher amperage out put.
    Make sure it is teh BB ac charger with 5vdc and 1.8 amps.

just went through 3 days of painful reset and OS reinstall. Not pleasant.

Let it charge over night. If you have boot up issues I have quite a few lessons learned but will not post that in order not to add any confusion. at this point.

use the high amp charger and let it charge.

I'll stop by tomorrow and see how it went for you.
    Last edited by Chinookman; 09-08-12 at 09:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-08-12 09:46 PM
    That's why I'm terrified to let it drop below 10%
    09-08-12 09:53 PM
    plug it it and let it charge. tomorrow will be a better day to play with your fully charged Playbook.
    09-08-12 10:42 PM
    OK here is a summary of my dead battery debacle and talking to RIMM CS and 1 level-II tech.
    • Use the OEM 1.8 amp charger.

• Make sure you have at least a 3MB DSL connection and DO NOT use browser and just let the DM perform the download absolutely uninterrupted.

• I set my U-Verse modem for IPv6 and upgraded from 1.5 to 3MB to eliminate data dropped packets. This was confirmed by CS telling me the double red blink and then pause was indicative of a corrupted OS due to loss of Internet connection. So don't download the OS and then go browsing the Internet at the same time.

• Each OS install took me a little bit further into the OS set up until the fourth time it went all the way to full access to all Apps.

Yipper it was a real pain and now the PB is up and running and getting my old apps back. Total OS downloads was about 10 to 12 times to get it back to OEM spec up and running. Oh yeah it will wear your patience but it's back!

A three day journey that was just shy of getting bricked...up against the wall....!...
    09-09-12 04:43 PM
    I had the double red light issue and downloaded one of the exe file OS's that can be found in the root section.....Fixed me a treat
    09-09-12 05:28 PM
    That's why I'm terrified to let it drop below 10%
    Lol! Glad I'm not the only one. Some people have no problem getting their pb to charge after letting it "die" and some people do. As for me, I'm taking no chances.
    09-10-12 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD