I've just bought a new 64GB Playbook, and thought I'd try out the OS2 build, so I registered the PIN. Now, after a bit of thought, I decided I'd rather stick with 1.08. In any event, the software update is pushing OS2 on me still (haven't downloaded it yet). I'd like to de-register my PIN and just stick with stock upgrades but don't know how. Most of the threads I've read and searched talk about downgrading, but that requires first upgrading, and, well, I'd rather just avoid doing that.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.
    01-06-12 01:45 PM
    I've just bought a new 64GB Playbook, and thought I'd try out the OS2 build, so I registered the PIN. Now, after a bit of thought, I decided I'd rather stick with 1.08. In any event, the software update is pushing OS2 on me still (haven't downloaded it yet). I'd like to de-register my PIN and just stick with stock upgrades but don't know how. Most of the threads I've read and searched talk about downgrading, but that requires first upgrading, and, well, I'd rather just avoid doing that.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.
    I think you just have to wait 24h then it goes away, but don't quote me on that.
    01-06-12 01:50 PM
    Yep only option is time.. 24hrs as mentioned..
    01-06-12 02:09 PM
    As everybody else said... 24 hours. I have jumped back and forth between the beta and stable builds. Am back on the 1.08 branch. I have no need for Android apps - except Kindle - but am getting by removing the DRM from my Amazon books and converting to epubs.
    01-06-12 05:20 PM
    Wait 24 hrs then go to option > security > swipe then voila back to 1.0.8 but i should stick to 1.0.8 I was having some wifi issues on that update imo
    01-06-12 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD