Having real problems syncing contacts, I have 3 email accounts, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter however I've removed all accounts and started again. Adding just my Gmail and syncing creates sometimes 4-5 duplicates of the same contact, is there anyway for me to sort this?
    02-24-12 05:17 PM
    If adding just Gmail (no other email, no FB, no Twitter, etc) is causing duplicates then I strongly suspect your Gmail contact list has duplicates. I suggest looking through it and making sure. Gmail does have a convenient merge contacts feature.
    02-24-12 05:54 PM
    The playbook also has a merge function for contacts. Albeit manual, if you build those links, you still keep all the info from all those sources.

- You might get Birthday info from Facebook, and their status updates
    - You might get corporate info from LinkedIN

Etc.

Though yes, sometimes there is no purpose to building those links if they only contain the exact same info. Playbook seems to have some intelligence built in to link accounts, but sometimes it does not know that John Smith from your Gmail is the same John Smith from your Facebook & Twitter.
    02-24-12 06:13 PM
    The playbook also has a merge function for contacts. Albeit manual, if you build those links, you still keep all the info from all those sources.

- You might get Birthday info from Facebook, and their status updates
    - You might get corporate info from LinkedIN

Etc.

Though yes, sometimes there is no purpose to building those links if they only contain the exact same info. Playbook seems to have some intelligence built in to link accounts, but sometimes it does not know that John Smith from your Gmail is the same John Smith from your Facebook & Twitter.
    It only knows if both use the same email in fb and twitter
    02-25-12 12:47 AM
    The contacts app seems a little half baked. I dont get duplicate contacts but I do get blank ones with no info in them aside from the status updates that show odd characters but no connections.
    02-25-12 01:23 AM
    I am getting a lot of duplicates too, and if I link them on the PB, I am creating even more duplicates - with the next sync the original contacts are appearing next to the linked ones.

I had no idea that Gmail has some merging tools on its own - never used the gmail contact list really, it sort of created itself automatically when I used the e-mail. I will look into this, perhaps it is a solution to at least some of contacts duplicates?
    02-25-12 06:56 AM
    It needed a lot of cleanup but mine is looking good now. I just wish there was a way to import Google groups or at least create contact lists...
    02-25-12 06:58 AM
    Log into your Gmail account and clean up your account. This should also included your calendar. Perform this task through your web browser. This the reason for duplicates and half filled and wrong contacts.
    02-25-12 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD