Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-19-15 08:29 AM
709 ... 45678 ...
tools
    My last 3 purchases:

Zune 4GB - long forgotten

LG ST-600 Smart TV Adapter - No more Updates

Blackberry Playbook 32GB - No BB10

Do I have a "SUCKER" tatoo on my forehead?
    A Zune? Seriously! Haha

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-28-13 10:28 AM
    My last 3 purchases:

Zune 4GB - Long Forgotten

Do I have a "SUCKER" tatoo on my forehead?
    hey I hear ya I bought a 40 gig and a 80 gig zune ....and a playbook
    Puddin13 likes this.
    06-28-13 10:31 AM
    A Zune? Seriously! Haha

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    And in a few hours someone might tell us:
    "a playbook? Seriously?"

06-28-13 10:32 AM
    I should of realised that BB10 wasn't coming to Playbook. They can't even get the share function working on the Z10 Facebook app. Will give my two Playbooks to the neighbours children on the weekend and buy a Windows tablet. With what Dev support for the Playbook there was will now quickly vaporize.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-28-13 10:33 AM
    My last 3 purchases:

Zune 4GB - Long Forgotten

Do I have "SUCKER" tatooed on my forehead?
    No, but I am sensing a trend.............

C
    06-28-13 10:34 AM
    When Heins was all over the place, telling everybody that a tablet market will disappear in 5 years, or something to that effect, I just immediately sensed that this was another BBRY way of preemptive excuse.
    But it was criminal that they continued to pretend as if the PB would continue somehow.
    What's new with BBRY (comparing with the old RIM anyway)?
    Puddin13 likes this.
    06-28-13 10:34 AM
    Boy, am I glad that I switched to a Nexus 7 a few months ago.

Farewell, Blackberry...
    06-28-13 10:35 AM
    You weren't lied to: they had a working development version of BB10 for the tablet, but the decision was made that it wasn't good enough for public consumption. Instead of investing more time and resources into the project, they've gone in a different direction. From the sound of the overall call it may have been the right decision since the company is still in an 'all hands on deck' situation...

If anything, we may see some of the APIs for the PlayBook thrown into future BB10 SDKs but not for a full implementation. If Android apps can be built to run on either, why can't BB10 apps be built to run on the slightly lower spec tablet?
    I'm sorry, but yes we were lied to. Not with the "Yes, we have teams working on BB10 for the PlayBook" but the repeated statements that BB10 would be coming to all PlayBooks, by (variously) the end of summer, or the end of the year (depending on who / when stated.)
    LudwigvonKast, JeepBB and Puddin13 like this.
    06-28-13 10:36 AM
    Least you guys know now the ceo is a liar.

Posted via CB10
    LudwigvonKast and Puddin13 like this.
    06-28-13 10:37 AM
    I see this comming the time Z10 hit the shelves. I myself have a Playbook (and I gave it to my mom as she is using it to browse FB and watch streaming movies). Oh well, only time will tell if she wants a new phone to replace the tablet making it a brick zzzz.
    06-28-13 10:37 AM
    Boy, am I glad that I switched to a Nexus 7 a few months ago.

Farewell, Blackberry...
    if I had an extra 120 bucks it would of been a nexus 7 from the beginning. I should of held out
    xanderten50 likes this.
    06-28-13 10:38 AM
    I can make win 8 run on 512 mb and they can't even run qnx (Unix) run with a GB of ram.
    Shame on u BB.
    Now that's just sad. QNX...........................what is it...........good for..............hmmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone4S after my Z10 took a trip in the bowl
    06-28-13 10:44 AM
    Mmmm reading almost all comments ... Everybody is free to feel the way they are ...

For me, I will be OK if they realease an update to the PB, I like the way it is now, I own a PB since last summer, and now I have a perfectly working Z10... A release for PB + BB Bridge as was working before BB10, it is just what it needed, not going to stop using BB products only because of this ... I like what I have now, do not regreat at all any money spent on BB

=) relax people

have a nice day ... weekend is on
    kyleheney, pkcable, SPNKr and 1 others like this.
    06-28-13 10:45 AM
    Least you guys know now the ceo is a liar.

Posted via CB10
    I knew the CEO was a lair back at the last BlackBerry World in May of 2012. Dude looked me straight in the face and said "BlackBerry 10 will launch calendar year 2012". He repeated that same statement several times during that event. A few short weeks later, the same dude announces a 6 to 9 month delay. Lol

If the faithful still believe what he says after this, they deserve what they get. Nothing but disappointment.
    JeepBB and Puddin13 like this.
    06-28-13 10:45 AM
    Now that's just sad. QNX...........................what is it...........good for..............hmmmmmmmmmm

That too win 8 running over android.
    So its just around 400 mb
    06-28-13 10:46 AM
    You were lied to.

"Yes, we have teams working on BB10 for the PlayBook. " Thornton Heins March 8, 2013
    It's not a lie at all...they had those team working on it!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:46 AM
    if I had an extra 120 bucks it would of been a nexus 7 from the beginning. I should of held out
    You can still sell your Playbook and buy the new Nexus 7 that should hit the stores in July. Sounds like a terrific piece of hardware.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    06-28-13 10:47 AM
    Disclaimer: I've never bought a PlayBook, RIM supplied me with free ones. So this question isn't about me.

BUT, I was wondering, can people now file a class action lawsuit?

BlackBerry sold approximately 100,000 PlayBooks last quarter, how many of those dead-end tablets were sold because of TH's numerous lies about a update to BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook? I know of at least 1 that definitely was, and that buyer isn't very happy about this. Can BlackBerry really just lie about future updates, allow people to buy their product based on that promised update and then take it all back without being punished for it?

The lies started months ago. So there is no question that the lies could have influenced a lot of the PlayBook purchases BlackBerry has seen recently. Seems like they should be held accountable for this one.
    Entirely possible. That was what the people in Brazil did to Apple. Not sure if it was 2 years ago.....could be last year about the iPad 2.

LudwigvonKast and Puddin13 like this.
    06-28-13 10:47 AM
    Even though I got this PB for free, but I spent quite much for accessories.
    - Screen Protector - $5
    - Capdase case - $10
    - Charging Pod (discounted price from CrackBerry Store) - $38.95
    - Bluetooth Keyboard (from BlackBerry World 2012) - $99
    - GelaSkins - $19.95

In total, I spent more on PlayBook than all my other gadget combined.

Shame on me..
    06-28-13 10:48 AM
    Done with BlackBerry. I cannot trust them to support devices that they promised to support. They screwed out a lot of people by pretending to update the PlayBook from their fire sale and after.

I expected better from them, and they screwed people over for quick cash. They knew the system stats from the start, it didn't take them this long to figure out the system wasn't "powerful" enough.
    06-28-13 10:48 AM
    Well, DingleBerry showed that PlayBook is not unhackable... but cracking the bootloader is probably something impossible.

@masterscarhead1 , please stop with this bulls**t.
    I posted nothing but the truth. You can google around and you can see that 10.1.0.331 was seen on the PB
    Whether it will eventually be leaked, I'm not sure. This reminds me of the Storm 2 update to 6.0 which never happened
    However, I do think the PBOS will be updated based on the fact that because it's QNX, it is easy to just throw something from BB10 to the PB
    Will we ever see BB10 on PB? Yes, if someone can leak it. If not? I'm sure there will be future developments. On top of that, we may be able to get something worked out because the dev version of 10.0.9 can be installed with a few workarounds. We can then work from there.
    @PowerMac, you seem like a very new user, so I don't blame you. But don't call people out unless you are certain of what you are talking about. Dingleberry was patched, and it is a known fact that no apps run as root permission anymore. If no apps or anything run as root, there is no way you're going to hack anything, because you simply won't get anywhere. Trust me, people have tried, including xsacha.
    06-28-13 10:50 AM
    Mmmm reading almost all comments ... Everybody is free to feel the way they are ...

For me, I will be OK if they realease an update to the PB, I like the way it is now, I own a PB since last summer, and now I have a perfectly working Z10... A release for PB + BB Bridge as was working before BB10, it is just what it needed, not going to stop using BB products only because of this ... I like what I have now, do not regreat at all any money spent on BB

=) relax people

have a nice day ... weekend is on
    Amen.
    Bridge update is needed!

We would have lost the awesome User Interface that allows to peek or go to on another app by a swype...I would not have upgraded my PB to Bb10 cascade UI...

And all is not lost. It's still a QNX os similar to Bb10...maybe there will be a way to have those apps??

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:51 AM
    it didn't take them this long to figure out the system wasn't "powerful" enough.
    That's the point, they're liars.
    LudwigvonKast and JeepBB like this.
    06-28-13 10:52 AM
    Thank you Thor and your company for lying to us not once, not twice, but three times! I have had enough with BlackBerry and i can guarantee you that the PlayBook will be the last BB product i buy! Hope you fall to the wrath of Android, iOS and Windows Phone!
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-28-13 at 11:04 AM. Reason: profanity removed
    06-28-13 10:52 AM
    They lied simply to sell whatever inventory they had left for PlayBook. Thor and all the Blackberry employees knows that! Bunch of LIARS!
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-28-13 at 11:05 AM. Reason: profanity
    BerryClever and Puddin13 like this.
    06-28-13 10:56 AM
709 ... 45678 ...