Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-19-15 08:29 AM
709 ... 34567 ...
tools
    From what I understand, it seems like doing that would require actually opening the device and physically altering it. Not something many people are going to want to do
    quackquack is lol
    xanderten50 likes this.
    06-28-13 09:54 AM
    Disappointed. But not surprised

I have 2 64gbs I got in the sale for movies and music, they do this well.

I may replace one with an ipad mini, apple too drop their items (ask any ipad 1 user) my rule of thumb is never buy 1st gen - I forgot that with the pb due to cost.

Still it makes my next phone and tablet choice easier - it won't be blackberry, I love the keyboard on my bold 9900 but when it dies it will be a robot or another fruit for me now.

Was seriously considering a bb10 device but with bbm due on other platforms bridge was the other thing I needed - which is hosed on bb10 and pb so now it will be a sim for my existing ipad 3g and a different phone for travel.

Goodbye Heins - empty promises no more

Regards

Damian
    06-28-13 09:54 AM
    I understand the business decision they made, I just think they made the wrong one, as someone else stated even very old Iphones get the latest software and they just turn off a few features.
    Very old iPhones don't get the latest software: iPhone 3G or even 2 years-old iPad 1 did not get iOS 6 when it was released last year. And iPod Touch 4g, which are still frequently sold new, will not get iOS7 this fall.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    06-28-13 09:55 AM
    Very old iPhones don't get the latest software: iPhone 3G or even 2 years-old iPad 1 did not get iOS 6 when it was released last year. And iPod Touch 4g, which are still frequently sold new, will not get iOS7 this fall.
    True but my iphone 3g did get more updates than the pb and a working imap mail - still life and technology moves on but apple didn't ever say the 3g or the ipod would get updated.

Regards

Damian
    06-28-13 09:57 AM
    I think it's time for Kevin or someone else from CB to have another call or sit-down with Thorsten Heins and find out the story on why they decided not to?
    Kevin??
    06-28-13 09:58 AM
    Sad sad day... I have had a pearl, storm, 9860 which I bought out to upgrade to a Z10. My wife had a pearl, 9860 which we also bought out to upgrade to Z10. My two boys six and four have our old 16g playbooks and my wife and I have 32g's... I understand business is business but I convinced probably 20 people to buy playbooks and atlest 7 to get a Z10 or a Q10... I don't know what to tell them... I'm first in line at my Eb to get the new Xbox one, smartglass will be a huge app needed if Blackberry can't or won't get it on my PB or Z10 I will be looking at other devices... I still love my Z10 and my PB but I would like Bridge to work again and atleast 4.2.2 to sideload the things I need to continue to use the platform.
    06-28-13 10:00 AM
    I'm not sure if 90% of PB users have a BB10 phone and were just waiting for a functional bridge. I'm certainly not in that camp - my PB is my only BB device. I think a lot of PB users were hoping for access to the new BB10 apps ecosystem. In that respect, the PB AppWorld is probably dead now. Well, maybe there's going to be some cheap app bundles to snatch?
    Well, that why I said "for me at least". But yes, it sounds like the browser and Runtime are the two big ones that can hopefully be updated.
    06-28-13 10:01 AM
    This also may explain why they are taking a huge dip in the market right now. Who knows, maybe they're getting ready to sell their patent to Google, Microsoft or worse, Apple and join their engineers. I sense a merger coming on......
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    I bought my playbook last february. Because blackberry said bb10 is coming to all playbooks.
    I bought it because I believed I'll get a proper browser and some useful native apps like kindle and skype for my playbook "soon" or "later this year".
    Some people asked me why I bought this crappy playbook that doesn't even have kindle.
    Because of bb10 was my reply.bbry, you.
    And you thorsten...do you really believe you're still going to be a ceo in 5 years....
    This was the first and last bbry product I bought.
    If someone asks me about it 'll tell them to buy android or apple and forget about bbry.
    playbook_swiper1 and Aek29 like this.
    I used to use my PB a lot with my 9900, but ended up going to android (Note 2) when BB10 came out (the Z10 is pretty underwhelming). I held on to my PB so I could upgrade to BB10 and have a play with it. Now I can't do that I'll be cutting my loses and ebaying the PB.

Blackberry have put themselves in a foolish position. Either release BB10 for PB and cement their reputation for releasing buggy OSs or pull the plug and cement their reputation as a company that can't be believed.
    06-28-13 10:03 AM
    I think it's time for Kevin or someone else from CB to have another call or sit-down with Thorsten Heins and find out the story on why they decided not to?
    Kevin??
    LudwigvonKast and Puddin13 like this.
    06-28-13 10:04 AM
    So thor is the liar just like I said. Oh the irony when the troll is dead on

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:04 AM
    Talking about browser, what are people complaining about?

I have an iPhone, iPad and had an Android phone before and I still find the PB browser very good if not better, in part due to its Flash support (I'm no fan of Flash but some sites are just impossible to navigate without it).
    06-28-13 10:08 AM
    Folks,

Lets make this the main BB10 not coming to PlayBook thread. As such I have temporarily stickied it. Also we will be closing other threads on this same topic. It can and should be discussed here!
    SlcCorrado and xanderten50 like this.
    Now what am I'm going to do with the 3 Playbooks that I have that I barely and rarely use? One of them still unopened.
    Been a long time BlackBerry user and I'm not happy.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    For a bit there I really thought that BB knew what they were doing. Putting BB10 on the Playbook would have created the perfect reentry situation into the tablet market. I suppose they must actually think there is no future tablet market.
    Whatever.
    Just in the loss of goodwill of the BB fans, this has got to be one of the biggest miscalculations ever.
    I don't think they lied, just that they don't really have any long term strategy.
    06-28-13 10:09 AM
    True, but neither Steve Jobs nor Tim Cook ever claimed there were people working on bringing iOS 6 to the original iPad, and it did receive iOS 4 and 5. Similarly, Apple never announced iOS as compatibility with the iPhone 3G, though it did receive iOS 3 and 4. Lastly, the 4th gen iPod Touch did receive iOS 5 and 6, and as you've indicated, the announcement was that it wouldn't receive iOS 7, not a "it's coming" later followed by "sorry, no."
    Last edited by Wiki Cydia; 06-28-13 at 02:34 PM. Reason: typo; grammar
    look_alive likes this.
    06-28-13 10:10 AM
    I'll be cutting my loses and ebaying the PB.
    I'm not even considering selling it - its micro-USB charger with a very long cable is probably worth keeping and I'm sure I might find a use for the PB as a kind of Media Player.
    06-28-13 10:12 AM
    Mike and Jim saw the ship sinking and abandoned. They knew BB would have a hard time staying afloat long term after they saw the latest competition and the funding behind them.
    My predictions:
    1. BBRY is soon sold in an acquisition or merged with another smartphone technology giant.
    2. Thorsten Heins steps down or leaves the company entirely.
    3. BBRY formally RIM will be known only in Wikipedia as past history.

I hate to believe this but it's becoming more a reality. I still love my Z10 though!
    Last edited by skelleytech; 06-28-13 at 01:25 PM.
    06-28-13 10:12 AM
    did people really expect BB10 would come to Playbook? lol... It's BlackBerry, they have 11 engineers that can barely do only one thing at a time (fragmented OS10 update releases), and their slogan is "coming soon later this year", get real people.
    11 engineers? How are you sure?

Sent from my iPhone4S after my Z10 took a trip in the bowl
    06-28-13 10:13 AM
    Talking about browser, what are people complaining about?

I have an iPhone, iPad and had an Android phone before and I still find the PB browser very good if not better, in part due to its Flash support (I'm no fan of Flash but some sites are just impossible to navigate without it).
    Please. At least the ipad 3+4 got a much better, faster browser. Even the galaxy s3.
    In my opinion.
    And the ipad 3 will get ios7. The playbook....
    06-28-13 10:15 AM
    Lets make this the main BB10 not coming to PlayBook thread.(...) Also we will be closing other threads on this same topic.
    This seems to be a wise move!
    It does leave open the question why the mass spawning of "BB10 for PB" threads could not have been treated in a similar fashion.
    06-28-13 10:18 AM
    I'm disappointed but not surprised.

BlackBerry should be working towards integration across devices

If blackberry bridge were better I might actually still use my pb

If the bb10 sales are weaker than expected bb10 on the PlayBook would effectively add another 1+ million bb10 devices, which would do a lot to entice developers

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:21 AM
    Really blows. A cap to a pretty hefty dumping of bad news. Goes to show that BB is still against the world. The pile on of negative press coming today will demonstrate this.
    06-28-13 10:22 AM
    My last 3 purchases:

Zune 4GB - Long Forgotten

LG ST-600 Smart TV Adapter - No more Updates

Blackberry Playbook 32GB - No BB10

Do I have "SUCKER" tatooed on my forehead?
    ukmight, jjs6w, pkcable and 6 others like this.
    06-28-13 10:26 AM
709 ... 34567 ...