Very disappointed. I guess the playbook will stay dusty in whatever desk drawer its in.
    06-28-13 09:28 AM
    I'm staying optimistic that BB has a plan for PlayBook
    Just last week 10.1.0.331 on PB was spotted, so this decision must be very recent.
    BB10 uses almost 1gb of ram, so it would run awful on PB
    I would prefer a PB3.0OS with key functions and updated runtime
    06-28-13 09:31 AM
    Just last week 10.1.0.331 on PB was spotted, so this decision must be very recent.
    AMEN REV PREEEEACH!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:33 AM
    I hope you are correct sir
    06-28-13 09:34 AM
    I can make win 8 run on 512 mb and they can't even run qnx (Unix) run with a GB of ram.
    Shame on u BB.
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-28-13 at 10:59 AM. Reason: removed profanity
    06-28-13 09:34 AM
    Purchased my pb on release day in April 2011 and this absolutely confirms that it was the worst purchasing decisions I ever made. So glad I made it out alive though and sold my rotting playbook half a year ago to an unsuspecting bb fanboy who didn't see this coming lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    06-28-13 09:35 AM
    Disclaimer: I've never bought a PlayBook, RIM supplied me with free ones. So this question isn't about me.

BUT, I was wondering, can people now file a class action lawsuit?

BlackBerry sold approximately 100,000 PlayBooks last quarter, how many of those dead-end tablets were sold because of TH's numerous lies about a update to BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook? I know of at least 1 that definitely was, and that buyer isn't very happy about this. Can BlackBerry really just lie about future updates, allow people to buy their product based on that promised update and then take it all back without being punished for it?

The lies started months ago. So there is no question that the lies could have influenced a lot of the PlayBook purchases BlackBerry has seen recently. Seems like they should be held accountable for this one.
    06-28-13 09:35 AM
    Yeah I'm kinda fed up with BlackBerry. My girlfriends phone and my phone are th east products I buy from BlackBerry. I like the Z10 and would love this os on the 3 playbooks my family owns. Screw BlackBerry. They saw one thing and do another. BlackBerry I'm out along with countless other people.

Wouldn't be so passed if Thorne didn't say in march that bb10 I'd coming to Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:36 AM
    It seems to me that BB could have avoided a lot of this. If they just update the browser, and (for me at least) created a functional bridge for BB10 devices, they could've renamed the update PB10 and 90% of us users would be none-the-wiser. Hopefully this type of update is still in the works.

It's a shame because I still use my PB, but everyday it becomes less and less the amount of time it is in my hands. I had high hopes when I got my Z10 that the PB could be a fantastic accompanying device to it. The Z10 is great.

I suppose I (perhaps many of us?) need to sit for a day and let the emotion subside before coming to a final resolution and change my CB photo. But as of now, I'm pretty disappointed.
    06-28-13 09:37 AM
    It seems to me that BB could have avoided a lot of this. If they just update the browser, and (for me at least) created a functional bridge for BB10 devices, they could've renamed the update PB10 and 90% of us users would be none-the-wiser. Hopefully this type of update is still in the works.

It's a shame because I still use my PB, but everyday it becomes less and less the amount of time it is in my hands. I had high hopes when I got my Z10 that the PB could be a fantastic accompanying device to it. The Z10 is great.

I suppose I (perhaps many of us?) need to sit for a day and let the emotion subside before coming to a final resolution. But as of now, I'm pretty disappointed.
    Almost my words exactly

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:39 AM
    The best revenge that can happen is for someone to crack the bootloader so that we can load what we want on it, and to prove that its not as secure as they thought it was. Think of all those playbooks sold to municipalities as super secure, what are they gonna wanna due to their PB`s if they are hackable.
    Well, DingleBerry showed that PlayBook is not unhackable... but cracking the bootloader is probably something impossible.

@masterscarhead1 , please stop with this bull
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-28-13 at 11:00 AM. Reason: removed profanity
    06-28-13 09:42 AM
    Very disappointing for PB owners like me as I'm sure BB10 could have been optimised to run decently on 1GB RAM devices (possibly reverting to flash memory swap).

But not surprising: if BB is short of cash and has to prioritise activities, why would they bother using scarce resources bringing new features to a discontinued product that did not sell well, and all of that for free? Whether they promised it or not in the past, is largely irrelvant if the profitability or even the survival of BB is at stake.
    06-28-13 09:43 AM
    Like you my PB is now used primarily as a Music Player, we use it when camping, working outside, etc. It is a shame because I really liked using it with my BB, but now with Bridge broken, that is all the use it gets.

I think for a 100 bucks or less which is what they are costing now used in great condition, they make a great media player.

I am however thoroughly disgusted with the decision to not bring BB10 to the playbook, I understand the business decision they made, I just think they made the wrong one, as someone else stated even very old Iphones get the latest software and they just turn off a few features. They should have stated what the future upgrade plans are other than just a comment about we will support it, what does that mean.

Just bought two Z10's when they first arrived in Canada, with the hope of an ecosystem, same apps on PB as on Phone, Bridge, etc, but nope got skewered. I really think they lost of peoples trust on this one.................
    06-28-13 09:43 AM
    I start thinking that they (BBRY) told about BB10 update on Playbook just to sell more PB that got stuck in their stock. We (people who bought it) were lied all.

Now I actually want to throw my PB away in front of BBRY head office

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:44 AM
    The best revenge that can happen is for someone to crack the bootloader so that we can load what we want on it, and to prove that its not as secure as they thought it was. Think of all those playbooks sold to municipalities as super secure, what are they gonna wanna due to their PB`s if they are hackable.
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    06-28-13 09:45 AM

I suppose I (perhaps many of us?) need to sit for a day and let the emotion subside before coming to a final resolution and change my CB photo. But as of now, I'm pretty disappointed.
    Agree 100%. Why not update parts of PBOS, like the Android runtime, BB Browser, etc. We don't need the Hub (which I think is the biggest resource hog of BB10)... just make a functional Bridge app and we're good to go. I love my PlayBook, but really wish they could find a way to refresh its software. It truly is a great device! Over two years old and still doesn't lag, the battery is strong, the screen is sharp, the speakers are great, and the software is decent, but could use some updates.
    CMZ_DL and xanderten50 like this.
    06-28-13 09:48 AM

BUT, I was wondering, can people now file a class action lawsuit?
    I hope such a situation doesn't arise.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-28-13 09:49 AM
    I'm not sure if 90% of PB users have a BB10 phone and were just waiting for a functional bridge. I'm certainly not in that camp - my PB is my only BB device. I think a lot of PB users were hoping for access to the new BB10 apps ecosystem. In that respect, the PB AppWorld is probably dead now. Well, maybe there's going to be some cheap app bundles to snatch?
    06-28-13 09:50 AM
    but cracking the bootloader is probably something impossible.
    From what I understand, it seems like doing that would require actually opening the device and physically altering it. Not something many people are going to want to do
    06-28-13 09:50 AM
    Well now we there won't be anymore PB10
    threads atleast. I'm sure there will be updates for it regardless.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-28-13 09:51 AM

wish you all the worst BB
    Oh well...I now have a $600 alarm clock!
    LudwigvonKast, Bondte and web99 like this.
    I was wondering, can people now file a class action lawsuit?

BlackBerry sold approximately 100,000 PlayBooks last quarter, how many of those dead-end tablets were sold because of TH's numerous lies about a update to BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook?

I hope such a situation doesn't arise.

I hope it DOES!

Count me in.
    06-28-13 09:53 AM
    Agree 100%. Why not update parts of PBOS, like the Android runtime, BB Browser, etc. We don't need the Hub (which I think is the biggest resource hog of BB10)... just make a functional Bridge app and we're good to go. I love my PlayBook, but really wish they could find a way to refresh its software. It truly is a great device! Over two years old and still doesn't lag, the battery is strong, the screen is sharp, the speakers are great, and the software is decent, but could use some updates.
    For 2 year old Hardware that's all I ask. Isn't that reasonable?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:53 AM
    "Still doesn't lag"? The browser is terrible, every swipe I make lags, but you're right about screen, speakers ecc... your idea is intelligente, kyleheney, I would be happy with a minor update. But the fact that RIM will not even release a mini-update is the evidence that they're only liars and don't care about customers.

CMZ_DL this "two years old hardware" is near the same as the BlackBerry Q5 one, except for screen (but it has a ppi superior to Microsft Surface, it's not so bad, is it?) and RAM. Oh, the front camera is superior.
    06-28-13 09:54 AM
709 ... 23456 ...