You were lied to.

"Yes, we have teams working on BB10 for the PlayBook. " Thornton Heins March 8, 2013
    You weren't lied to: they had a working development version of BB10 for the tablet, but the decision was made that it wasn't good enough for public consumption. Instead of investing more time and resources into the project, they've gone in a different direction. From the sound of the overall call it may have been the right decision since the company is still in an 'all hands on deck' situation...

If anything, we may see some of the APIs for the PlayBook thrown into future BB10 SDKs but not for a full implementation. If Android apps can be built to run on either, why can't BB10 apps be built to run on the slightly lower spec tablet?
    06-28-13 08:08 AM
    I'll never again buy anything from bb, I can't stand lies. **** off!
    Because no other OEM has ever turned their back on a product???

Take a step back and breathe everyone...
    06-28-13 08:10 AM

At least hp didn't string people on for months and months and it didn't have a locked bootloader so people could do to them what they wished.
    06-28-13 08:12 AM
    Biggest waste of $500 I ever spent.

FU BlackBerry

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    At least you didn't spend $750, haha. I'm not too bitter,but it is hugely disappointing news
    LudwigvonKast and h20work like this.
    06-28-13 08:13 AM

One, no one said "only" or otherwise stated that BBRY is alone in this behavior. Two, it's possible the poster has already walked away from other OEMs that have done the same thing. Unlikely, but possible. Three, this is a bad time to make reasoned arguments with people that feel like they were jilted, as they are still upset.
    litig8or98 and raino like this.
    06-28-13 08:14 AM
    Well obviously he lied in March when he said it was coming to the PlayBook, so maybe he's lying now too??

Remember, a man without credibility is just that, a man with no credibility!!!!

Another BlackBerry betrayal to their fans!

Was confirmed in the beginning of that it will now it.

And I still have to trust them that the bugs in BB10 will be fixed?

Posted via CB10

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    LudwigvonKast and JeepBB like this.
    06-28-13 08:14 AM
    They did lie to the PlayBook owners. Early on they said it would receive bb10

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:15 AM
    I'm understandably disappointed
    I've only had my PlayBook since christmas, and I've been on the fence with updating my phone as to whether I get a blackberry or not, I was really hoping for some update to make it worth owning a BB10 phone as well. Now.... who knows?
    DariusG1996 likes this.
    06-28-13 08:16 AM
    Well, we'll have the possibility to sideload BBM for Android...
    The funny thing is that RIM still supports OS 5, releasing BBM Channel...
    I won't buy another BlackBerry product.
    LudwigvonKast and stberry like this.
    06-28-13 08:16 AM
    This is somemthing we all agree, there is no fanboyism on this thread, BBRY is wrong and that's it!
    DariusG1996 and tstrike34 like this.
    06-28-13 08:17 AM
    Don't sell today; stock is getting killed!

The company can't do that... They are in no position to flip flop... just wrong time...
    Guys, it's two year-old hardware. I believe them when they say BB10 doesn't run well on PlayBook. I was actually more confused when they announced they couldn't get legacy BB apps on PlayBook.
    06-28-13 08:18 AM
    they will pay for don't be honest with us
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    06-28-13 08:26 AM
    When the Playbook was released, I had a Bold 9780, and seriously considered buying a one. However, after playing with the iPad 2 and quickly changed my decision. After having an iPad for a few months, I loved it sooo much I figured I would also love an iPhone way more then my Berry. This was true for a while, but after (2) years the iPhone became incredibly boring. So when the Z10 came out, I was all over it, and I am in love. Now I have what I would call a perfect combination, Z10 for my phone, and an iPad for my tablet. And now when I look back I am sooo glad I didnt fall for the Playbook like many did, unfortunately.
    06-28-13 08:28 AM
    Does this mean no BBM also for the Playbook? Would we be able to sideload the android app?

I still like the Playbook for recording video, flash websites and transferring files to and from the mac; way easier than the iPad. Also better to travel with, if it gets knocked up or stolen, not as big a deal as a $600 iPad.

Ironicallly, webOS on the TouchPad will live on longer if only because the latest android can be booted and perhaps also there will be an android emulator for the webOS side although I am not holding my breath on the latter.
    06-28-13 08:36 AM
    Guys, it's two year-old hardware. I believe them when they say BB10 doesn't run well on PlayBook. I was actually more confused when they announced they couldn't get legacy BB apps on PlayBook.
    The real question.... Will this "under performing" BB10 prototype for PB ever be leaked???????? Let us decide if we want the lag from lack of RAM or a PB 2.0 OS that is dead ended in apps and development... Personally, without having tested the lag or any experience with the Dev Alpha... I would say I want the lag....
    My biggest problem is I have lost some credibility in recommending the PlayBook to my friends and family due to the BB10 episode. I recommended them to buy the PlayBook big time since it was a cheap buy and assured them a BB10 update is coming.
    I willl find it difficult to recommend a BlackBerry and have someone convinced as noone is going to believe in the promises made by BlackBerry I present to them.
    Poor people, you don't deserve that, and why the **** would you spend 750 on playbooks, you wanted to make a wall of playbooks or what?
    DariusG1996 likes this.
    06-28-13 08:39 AM
    I find it hilarious that so many people are shocked and angry about this. Good lord, the writing has been on the wall for years that the product was an utter failure. And I bought a 64 gig version on launch date at full price! So yes, I'm invested in it. But anyone with half a brain should have seen this coming. Not surprised at all by this decision.
    06-28-13 08:40 AM
    Yes when I had Alpha B with only 1GiB of ram even native apps were crashing all the the time because of lack of ram, I'm not even talking about Android ports
    06-28-13 08:40 AM
    This was my first blackberry product. It will be my last.
    +5
    ditto!
    fahrk you RIM! death to RIM!
    i had hopes of a better OS for my playbook. thank you RIM for stashing it.
    RIP RIM RIP!
    Adios RIM!
    peace out!
    (no thanks! this post! depressed!)
    -paul
    06-28-13 08:41 AM
    I am sure everyone would have easily accepted this argument had BlackBerry never made a promise. A lot of people have actually gone ahead and bought a PlayBook purely on the assurance that BB10 would be coming and the tablet is a steal. I am sure BlackBerry isn't going to offer any kind of compensation to these buyers and they will be left seething.

I feel BlackBerry dug a grave for themselves by making a statement about the promise. Noone would have really expected the update and in such a case an update would have only been a reward for the loyalty. I do feel to some extent that the announcement was made to generate some buzz around the playbook and boost the dying sales of it.

It is going to be difficult for the PlayBook owners to forgive BlackBerry for this episode. But in the end, they surely must have understood that there were not a lot of PlayBook owners in the first place. It might have done some more damage to their reputation though and am hopeful that does not affect any future sales.

06-28-13 08:44 AM
    Not surprising at all... I don't even really use my PB anymore! BB10 is where its at.
    Remember in an interview a while back Thorsten said something about not needing a tablet.. there will be a next generation of mobile computing system? Hmmm, I wouldn't give up on BB to quick.
    BB12MX and world saviour like this.
    06-28-13 08:48 AM
    Well, I guess I can cross off the Z10 on my "to do list".
    I'll keep my Torch 9850 AND my 2 64gb PBs.
    This combo is solid and BRIDGE WORKS...but when one of them gives up the ghost, I think I will be "expanding my shopping options", and all may read into that what they will.

And I will no longer recommend BB if/when they ask my opinion....I will just say "you have to choose which hardware/vendor BEST suits your needs, and offers the best customer support".

Sigh....................

C
    06-28-13 08:51 AM
709 1234 ...