Really? Personally, even though I'm really annoyed about the whole non BB10 thing and will be ditching my PB, it's actually a good product. I use it every single day. It's never let me down, it is extremely good quality, the sound is fantastic for it's size (sound is way better than any iPad), and the screen is lovely. I'm just pissed at BB full stop now, even if it is completely childish to carry on like a little boy. The product itself is great. It's just a shame it never got such good app support. Netflix and skype/hangouts would have been enough for me, and maybe a decent music player with an equalizer that actually works.... but aside from that, no complaints.
    What you said about the hardware being good, very poor app system is the reason the PlayBook needed the update to BB10 OS (or some kind of variation that would run BB10 apps.) Call it BB10 lite, or whatever.

Having the company go back on their word, and then totally drop the PlayBook as they've done speaks volumes in so as how they view customers.
    I guess the fanboys will stick by them no matter what.

07-17-13 06:00 PM
    I think that even the most hard core of fanboys learned two lessons from this: do not buy another tablet product, no matter how kick *** it is; and BlackBerry 10 is just too awesome to deny, so holding a grudge is pointless. They make great phones, so phones are what I will stick to. If the A10 is as good as the hype, I will upgrade to that and then stay put for a bit. I've had my Z10 since the AT&T U.S. Launch, and have been through the reboot hell until the official 10.1 update fixed it (both of them), horrible carrier support, and I wouldn't trade it for any other brand. A fanboy more or less has faith in their favorite company, but at the same time we aren't going to get burned twice for the same thing; ie., PlayBook. I love it, but I won't invest in another tablet separate of my phone from them again. Phablet only.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 06:39 PM
    What you said about the hardware being good, very poor app system is the reason the PlayBook needed the update to BB10 OS (or some kind of variation that would run BB10 apps.) Call it BB10 lite, or whatever.

Having the company go back on their word, and then totally drop the PlayBook as they've done speaks volumes in so as how they view customers.
    **SNIP**
    Completely agree.

I think that even the most hard core of fanboys learned two lessons from this: do not buy another tablet product, no matter how kick *** it is; and BlackBerry 10 is just too awesome to deny, so holding a grudge is pointless. They make great phones, so phones are what I will stick to. If the A10 is as good as the hype, I will upgrade to that and then stay put for a bit. I've had my Z10 since the AT&T U.S. Launch, and have been through the reboot hell until the official 10.1 update fixed it (both of them), horrible carrier support, and I wouldn't trade it for any other brand. A fanboy more or less has faith in their favorite company, but at the same time we aren't going to get burned twice for the same thing; ie., PlayBook. I love it, but I won't invest in another tablet separate of my phone from them again. Phablet only.
    Confused slightly here... are you talking about not investing in a tablet from any company, or just from Blackberry? I'll happily buy another android tablet.
    07-18-13 02:15 AM
    Yeah, I meant to not invest in another BlackBerry tablet due to the bad taste this has left in the mouths of everyone. I've said this before, but I have an HP TouchPad 4G (fire sale edition), and I love the damn thing. It is the only non-BlackBerry mobile device I own. It has dual speakers with Beats Audio power that fills up two big rooms, a nearly 10 inch screen, Qualcomm 1.5ghz dual core Snapdragon processor, 1GB ram, 32Gb storage, runs on AT&T 4g network with good speeds, and has a reputation for being the most "customizable " tablet ever. Plus, it has the best and last version of webOS (which has A LOT in common with BB10). Until anyone can beat that in a non-Android or Apple form, I'm out of the tablet business. Note that I have TWO PlayBooks in my house, and was going to try to hunt down the 4G LTE version, but I just can't justify the money people are asking for one, so yeah, I'm good for now.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-18-13 06:24 AM
    I did my best to try and find an HP Touchpad before I got the blackberry, it's what got me looking at tablets in the first place really. My wife has an Asus Transformer TF101 32Gb I bought for her at full price before all this however, and I love that darn thing.

However, I am putting my money where my mouth is. Playbook now sold. What I have loved about BB is the hardware quality, it's bloody excellent. What I don't like is lack of support. Possibly I'll return to BB when they've got their finger out and stopped resting on their laurels (basically when BB10 has matured more, and I feel like I can trust Blackberry again).
    07-18-13 03:48 PM
    The transformer is a great piece of hardware, especially Asus in general. My PC, which I built, has an Asus P8Z77-V mobo, which isn't the newest, but is a board that can stomp any OEM manufacturer even if on fire and melting. My TouchPad, the rare 4G variant, I got the hookup on eBay from a pal who worked at HP (I sold him PC parts at one time) , and they were only sold internally at fire sale prices. Granted, it's no Asus for sure, but it has enough uniqueness and sentimental value (not to mention a stock audio setup from hell and higher specs than the PlayBook) that I forgive HP for screwing up a beautiful thing by destroying webOS so abruptly. For those who feel the same about their PlayBooks, they will shrug off the BB10 update and love the great things about it the same way as I do my TouchPad 4G. This isn't my way of knocking the PlayBook; I love mine, my girlfriend loves hers, but there will be no further reason to invest more money into them, nor would we gamble on another tablet from BlackBerry UNLESS they can beat my TouchPad 4G in every way possible. Until then, all future phone purchases for me has been and will be BlackBerry because right now the phones are phenomenal. I only ever compare BlackBerry PlayBook and OS 10 to webOS, because the two are VERY similar, and on the phone side, BlackBerry passed webOS the minute the Z10 was released. They want more tablet money from me, they have to beat my TouchPad 4G and offer a reasonable trade-in value on my PlayBook. Otherwise, I have what I need and no incentive to buy a tablet again from BlackBerry.

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    07-18-13 04:40 PM
    I guess swapping PB for HP touchpad + load android on in should be a reasonable option?

I'm thinking about it
    07-18-13 10:05 PM
    That's the other hidden beauty of the TouchPad - CM 9 and 10 dual boot.

07-18-13 10:43 PM
    Just a single boot CM10 will do me.
    Is it okay hardware wise?
    Never had a chance to touch it, I'm going to buy online
    07-19-13 01:15 AM
    Let's put it this way: it's worth it if you don't care about webOS apps as much.

07-19-13 01:24 AM
    WebOS is lovely but even more dead than PlayBook OS, so I don't care.

CM10 and robt apps will be fine
    07-19-13 01:53 AM
    WebOS is lovely but even more dead than PlayBook OS, so I don't care.

CM10 and robt apps will be fine

The difference in the HP device vs the BlackBerry PlayBook is HP had the decency when they abandoned the TouchPad was that HP unlocked the bootloader so the CUSTOMER who OWNS the device could install another OS, right? (Or at least didn't lock it down so you couldn't)

As of today's date, The PlayBook is a totally locked down device with ALL updates having to come from BlackBerry.... Owners are totally dependent on BlackBerry... No Mods to the device allowed.

BlackBerry has made it clear they have *abandoned the PlayBook in a similar fashion, the $64,000 question is will they unlock the device in a similar fashion before the year of 2168?

*Some may say BlackBerry has not "abandoned" the PlayBook:

If BlackBerry has ANY decency or respect for the customer base the CEO of RIM/BlackBerry Thorston Heins would have announced a plan "B" for the PlayBook when Heins made the announcement 2013-06-28 that BlackBerry was going back on their word to deliver a BB10 OS update to the PlayBook.

07-19-13 02:34 PM
    For the first time I actually saw a Z10 today at our office football tournament. The guy had just got it that day, and also said he has two playbooks. He is happy with them (as expected). Phone looked pretty nice :-D
    07-19-13 06:32 PM
    I would love for someone to tell me how Windows 8.1 requires 1GB RAM but bb10 requires 2GB RAM. Don't tell me it needs to be a smooth experience or nonsense like that. We saw full blown bb10 work, admittedly not the best smooth experience but it worked. Are you telling me a bunch of coders couldn't optimize/ remove content to get bb10 to work well on a tablet but MS coders found a way, albeit limited, to get a full blown Windows 8.1 with just 1GB RAM?

Its bull****. We all know it is. Tell us EXACTLY what was causing problems. Hire some community devs to have a look, see what they can do. I firmly believe they are talking ****.

Now from a business perspective, it might make sense to abandon the pb, but don't do it with more BS lies.
    kraschute likes this.
    07-23-13 11:16 AM
    Is there a time for legal action against Blackberry?

1. Fraudulent promises to provide native email/PIM client for PlayBook in 60 days after release
    2. No PB OS support/updates for latest 18 months
    3. Fraudulent promises bring BB10 to PlayBook to gain sales stock of PB
    4. No support/updates anymore

I think there is a time to PUNISH that company (before they disappears) for public lie. I do not need in compensation. I want to punish liars. There must to be huge penalty (2,500,000 * $400-500) to bring lesson for all companies that use this practics to fool their customers.

This is must to be class action.
    07-23-13 01:12 PM
    Is there a time for legal action against Blackberry?

1. Fraudulent promises to provide native email/PIM client for PlayBook in 60 days after release
    2. No PB OS support/updates for latest 18 months
    3. Fraudulent promises bring BB10 to PlayBook to gain sales stock of PB
    4. No support/updates anymore

I think there is a time to PUNISH that company (before they disappears) for public lie. I do not need in compensation. I want to punish liars. There must to be huge penalty (2,500,000 * $400-500) to bring lesson for all companies that use this practics to fool their customers.

This is must to be class action.
    then go get a laywer and ask him if you have a case
    07-23-13 01:53 PM
    I'm with you but I don't this will go any far -_-
    07-23-13 04:24 PM
    this is why i would never invest another penny into this wack *** company
    08-18-13 06:09 PM
    Pretty relieved that I sold mine a few weeks before the announcement was made.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    03-01-14 08:21 AM
    I had a playbook and swore I'd never buy another blackberry product but the z10 is too damn good especially with blackberry 10.2.1

Sent from my Z10
    03-01-14 08:45 AM
    I don't care , I'm going to use my playbook anyway , actually Heins is a F*n As*hole
    04-07-14 11:56 AM
    I don't care , I'm going to use my playbook anyway , actually Heins is a F*n As*hole
    I don't know where your looking but Heins has been gone for some time now. We have John Chen now!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    04-07-14 12:22 PM
    I don't know where your looking but Heins has been gone for some time now. We have John Chen now!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Lol
    04-26-14 09:14 AM
    Lol
    Way to resurrect my thread! May it never die

Sent from the ocean using my waterproof Z10
    04-26-14 12:41 PM
    I would love for someone to tell me how Windows 8.1 requires 1GB RAM but bb10 requires 2GB RAM. Don't tell me it needs to be a smooth experience or nonsense like that. We saw full blown bb10 work, admittedly not the best smooth experience but it worked. Are you telling me a bunch of coders couldn't optimize/ remove content to get bb10 to work well on a tablet but MS coders found a way, albeit limited, to get a full blown Windows 8.1 with just 1GB RAM?

Its bull****. We all know it is. Tell us EXACTLY what was causing problems. Hire some community devs to have a look, see what they can do. I firmly believe they are talking ****.

Now from a business perspective, it might make sense to abandon the pb, but don't do it with more BS lies.
    Windows phone 8.1 works on devices with 512 mb ram. I've tested it on a lumia 520. The problem is that bb10 is resource hungry and has also bad memory management.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 12:54 PM
709 ... 26272829