The CEO of BlackBerry even announced that BlackBerry OS 10 would be coming to the current generation BlackBerry PlayBook while on CNBC and a few other business news channels. We have the video to prove it.
    So that legally binds him to put out an update?

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    07-31-13 07:33 PM
    So that legally binds him to put out an update?

Probably not. But it could open the company to liability to refund purchase price in some jurisdictions. I don't know about any Securities issues for potentially misleading statements.
    08-01-13 09:53 AM
    Probably not. But it could open the company to liability to refund purchase price in some jurisdictions. I don't know about any Securities issues for potentially misleading statements.
    Therein lies the problem, you have to prove that people who bought the playbook, bought it because they believed BB10 was coming. If you can't prove that or prove that he is obligated to do what he said, then the case falls apart.

08-01-13 10:14 AM
    Does anyone who has a life, really going to take time and sue a company over a tablet update? Seriously, if you said you were going to sue Blackberry in public. People would laugh at you. I'm assuming you are grown men and women in the world who have a job and families and friends. You really want to do something like that? Who cares if the CEO lied? He's a businessman, and the first rule you learn growing up is don't blindly trust people you don't know. Especially people who you will never meet or see in person. You blindly trusted the words of a company head and based your money on that. Now you want to sue about it? If you are truly an adult, you are dumb as hell.
    LOL! I believe the nut case that started this probably lives in his mommy's basement sucking off of his parents. Just look at his avatar and it says a lot.

Posted via CB10
    mk2234, Dave Bourque and Akuji_ism like this.
    08-01-13 05:08 PM
    Whether we believe it or not, someone from Germany posted that their consumer laws allowed him to return the pb for a full refund due to the "bb10 sales pitch" that proved unfulfilled.

Frankly, while I don't think it would help much, I'd support such a suit just to discover the facts and timelines. I certainly do not trust the CEO, the corporate Mouthpiece, just because he "said so!"
    08-02-13 11:29 AM
    I am more than happy to contribute every penny I'll get for my 64GB PlayBook to
    share the cost of a lawyer to sue BlackBerry liars.
    You'd have a more satisfying outcome by sharing the cost of a professional hit-man to take out "The BlackBerry Liar".
    08-07-13 07:33 PM
    There are laws against frivolous law suits. YOUR a** would get slapped with costs +.
    Why don't you save your money and if your that unhappy, donate your playbook to a school or old folks home....

From Zed to U via CB10
    Small claims court is the more appropriate venue for a series of lawsuits against BlackBerry. Then upon conviction turn over the court records to the SEC (US) and OSFI (CA) and let the fun begin as BlackBerry management is audited until their anal cavity bleeds.
    osbook likes this.
    08-07-13 07:46 PM
    Small claims court is the more appropriate venue for a series of lawsuits against BlackBerry. Then upon conviction turn over the court records to the SEC (US) and OSFI (CA) and let the fun begin as BlackBerry management is audited until their anal cavity bleeds.
    It sounds like you have some experience in the anal area. You have failed to make any factual arguments that supports a liability to BlackBerry. However, hire a lawyer, and good luck. Bet you won't find any that will take on the case without a very substantial retainer.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 12:15 PM
    I just saw a commercial for the best looking hamburgers I have ever seen. But when I purchased them, they were not as promised.

Yupeeee!! I gunna be a miiilionaoremiiilionaore.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 12:18 PM
    Has the burger companies CEO said in that commercial they sell the best beef burgers that happened to be made from horse meat?

Bon apettite

Please call in again for the best beef burgers in town
    08-08-13 02:39 PM
    Has the burger companies CEO said in that commercial they sell the best beef burgers that happened to be made from horse meat?

Bon apettite

Please call in again for the best beef burgers in town
    Once again you obviously don't or maybe can't read. Nothing about horse meat was mentioned in the post. However it was promised that the burgers were the best. What was shown and promised was not delivered. So as such, I assume based upon your obviously rich past as a successful litigator, you would agree that I gunna be a gizillionaire.

Now go put on yer shorty pants and climb yer climbin pole and leave the adults to talk about things.

Shoo now. Ask your mom first if it's ok.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:13 PM
    No more significant updates to the Playbook ?
    LTE version owners get nada ?
    Thats not even a dead cat bounce.
    Thats a Canadian EH ! Take off hoser --- burn out,
    I'd fire all the Management.
    Opensource the Playbook OS.
    Unlock the Boatloader.
    Save BB from the Nortel hall of shame.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-08-13 03:47 PM
    I believe that unlocking a bootloader might get Ubuntu Touch enthusiasts interested in PlayBook.
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/TabletList
    08-10-13 12:56 PM
    Once again you obviously don't or maybe can't read. Nothing about horse meat was mentioned in the post. However it was promised that the burgers were the best. What was shown and promised was not delivered. So as such, I assume based upon your obviously rich past as a successful litigator, you would agree that I gunna be a gizillionaire.

Now go put on yer shorty pants and climb yer climbin pole and leave the adults to talk about things.

Shoo now. Ask your mom first if it's ok.

Posted via CB10
    Well...I see it another way. The company did deliver a burger that they taught was the best. If you think otherwise, that's not their problem. But they can argue that they did deliver what, in their minds, thought would be the best.

The key word in there is did deliver. TH said he would deliver the BB10 on the PB. And he did not. If he would have delivered, what he thought would be the best version of BB10 for the PB, and then it would have turned out crap, or not as expected, then your argument above would have been valid. But BB did not deliver at all.
    08-12-13 01:42 AM
    That's why it's called opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:56 PM
    Good luck proving financial impact from not getting an OS release on a tablet.

Dumb.

Posted via CB10
    mk2234 likes this.
    08-12-13 08:08 PM
    No more significant updates to the Playbook ?
    LTE version owners get nada ?
    Thats not even a dead cat bounce.
    Thats a Canadian EH ! Take off hoser --- burn out,
    I'd fire all the Management.
    Opensource the Playbook OS.
    Unlock the Boatloader.
    Save BB from the Nortel hall of shame.
    The funny part is that qnx was open source. Now, this f*cking company ruined qnx by closing nearly all of its code.
    08-15-13 04:50 PM
    The funny part is that qnx was open source. Now, this f*cking company ruined qnx by closing nearly all of its code.
    Meh. QNX runs like a champ on my M3 and on my Z10. What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    mk2234 likes this.
    08-16-13 01:45 PM
    And on your nuclear reactor and fridge.
    Just not on a tablet.
    qwang likes this.
    08-16-13 02:14 PM
    Just checked my nuclear reactor and you're right!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:45 PM
    Lmao

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 10:18 AM
271 ... 91011