I am a daily reader on these forums but this is my first post.

I have been enjoying 2.0 so far, but I now have a serious problem. I was very pumped about the calendar app and the integration it would provide, but now it is unusable for me. Whenever I click on the icon, the "spinning" wheel appears, but nothing happens. In fact, the wheel doesn't even spin any more. There is a green circle and a black screen - nothing happens.

I am at a loss. I have done all the different types of resets; I have backed up, wiped, and re-installed; in fact, I have done everything I know of.

I can't delete the app (I tried even though I knew I couldn't), so I don't know how to fix this issue. I have owned my Playbook since the 2nd week they were shipped to stores and I don't go anywhere without it. I would really appreciate any help someone could give me because 2.0 feels incomplete to me without the calendar.

Thanks in advance!
    02-22-12 07:03 PM
    I hate to bump my own thread, but I was really hoping someone is could give me some help.

Is there a way to just delete and re-install the calendar app? Would a wipe and restore possibly work even though it was unsuccessful the first time? Was that because when I reloaded my data and settings, it reloaded the bricked calendar app?

Help!
    02-23-12 06:26 AM
    bump, i have this problem as well..
    03-07-12 09:14 PM
    Mine has just started doing it this morning too! Very odd
    03-08-12 03:06 AM
    Do you sync the calendar with some other version (google, yahoo, etc) on the web or somewhere else. Might you try to clean up a recent event/appt that might be bad.

Otherwise, I guess a Backup and then Security Wipe might be necessary. But if you do a backup, you might want to avoid backup or restore of the calendar data.
    03-08-12 11:02 AM
    Well, i tried cleaning up some stuff, removed all side-loaded Android apps, rebooting repeatedly, but still no success. So decided to wipe and start fresh, without restoring anything. Bit of a pain, but seeing as I haven't wiped it since I got the thing on launch day, I was able to talk myself into it.

Working fine now (much better than it had been since the OS2 install), but reluctant to sideload Android apps again, as I'm suspect it was one of those causing the issue!
    03-09-12 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD